Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Gardens looking ace Dawn! Glad you've had a nice relaxing weekend. Glad you got your fry up, I'd love a fry up right now but have absolutely none of the required ingredients, not even an egg. What a swizz! X

Evening Dawn

Looks like you have been very busy today! I have not posted a for a day and a half - been at work and we dont get wifi in the dining room until the 5 th august (then I can post every shift!!) Have managed to do some cooking to help with my SW quest but I have a problem with the roulade .... I found a recipe on the forum but it just tasted like egg so if poss could you post yours please so I can compare?? HOWEVER the syn free lemon curd you recommended was absolutley amazing!! Thank you x Oh and I finally had that mushroom omelette this morning .... delicious xxxx

Hi Sarah,

I sent you a pm with the recipe hun, but it's probably the same :eek:

Like I said in the pm, I've found making the sponge the day before I want it and leaving it on some kitchen roll over night helps to dry it out and makes it less eggy. And experiment with quark, fromage frais, yoghurt combinations for the filling :D

Good luck with the next one!!!

Hi everyone,

Another busy day :eek:

My day started with both Gwyn and me oversleeping! :d'oh: I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that last night I had a wonderful chat with a wonderful young lady who's name happens to be Gail ;)...which started about midnight last night and ended about 1.15 this morning!!! :D Gail...it was soo lovely to talk to you hun...luv ya to bits!!!

So anyway we made it to church ok, picking up the lady we give a lift to on the way. While we were going to church, I thought maybe Shirley might like to come to dinner, so I text her and she said she'd love to come. So after church we raced home to set the dining table, put the sw meatloaf I made yesterday in the oven, get the veg on, shove the dessert in the oven, pour 3 glasses of sloe gin out...:rolleyes: It was all worth it as dinner was absolutely YUMMY, & we had a lovely afternoon with Shirley, watching the motor racing. Then Gwyn and Dan put the cricket on :zz: so Shirley and I went into the garden to catch a bit of sun :character00238:

Later, after Shirley had gone home, I thought I'd try a little run. Last night I'd told Gail I hadn't been for one for about 3 weeks and we had a chat and she offered me a couple of tips, and I was really pleased with the results. So thanks Gail!

Mind you, I can hardly walk now! I'm going to post my food, jump in the shower, and Gwyns promised me a rub down...:flirt2:

I might be back on later...;)

Todays Food EE

42g weetabix crunchy bran (B)
300ml 1% milk (A)

sw meatloaf (1/2 syn...pics below...recommend this btw)
roast spuds
cauliflower
carrots
green beans
gravy (2)
mustard (1)
sloe gin (3)
wine (6)

G&T (2.5)
banana and strawberries with yoghurt

Total syns:- 15
Exercise:- 5.2k run/walk

Attachments

• sw meatloaf.jpg
    sw meatloaf.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 35
  • sw meatloaf 2.jpg
    sw meatloaf 2.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I wish you'd stop eating such scrummy meals. I'm now salivating over meatloaf!

Is the meatloaf recipe written somewhere in your diary dawn? X

Evening guys xx

Hope everyones had a good Monday xx

I've just woken up! Don't know why I'm so tired! I suppose I only got about 4 hour sleep last night as it was just sooo hot...but normally I manage fine on that. Maybe I'm just getting old...:eek:

Anyhow, nice busy day at work. I started at 8 this morning and it was lovely driving to work with hardly any traffic about. And coming home I couldn't resist going topless (that's the CAR Stevie boy...NOT me lol!!!)

When I got in, I could smell this lovely curry aroma. Gorgeous hubby had raided my magazine recipes and made the SW classic chicken curry...oh it was sooo good!!! Really really tasty :eating: So afterwards I settled down to watch an antiques program...and woke up 2 hours later having completely missed it! :mad: So now I've got Hells Kitchen USA on instead...not quite the same lol!!!

Todays Food

42b weetabix crunchy bran (B)
150ml 1% milk (1/2 A)

mini mums lentil & bacon soup
2 apples
banana
yoghurt

Sw classic chicken curry (pics below)
rice (1)
strawberries & mango pieces with vanilla yoghurt

options hot choc (2)
150ml 1% milk (rest of A)

Total syns:- 3

Attachments

• DSCF1269.jpg
    DSCF1269.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF1270.jpg
    DSCF1270.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 23
Mmm dinner looks lovely!! :D its soo lovely driving to work when its quiet! I love it when the kids aren't at school too - as I swear they don't get taught road safety nowadays!!!

Have you got a recipe anywhere for the meat loaf as it looks lush!!!

I am watching embarrassing fats bodies - making me feel a little queezy.. Hehe!

Hope you sleep better tonight - though it is a hot one again :( x

Hey Dawn

Hope all ok with you - meatloaf and curry recipe look fab! Thanks for the PM - will be trying the roulade again after the weeked. Still cant get over how tasty the lemon curd is - hubby and bella love it to!

Was Hells Kitchen good? We have taped it as he is hubby's fave - on his 30th I took him to Claridges to celebrate for lunch - it was incredible.... as it was a special occasion and gordan is his hero they gave us a tour of the kitchen! Would love to go again some day...but in money terms its a once in a lifetime for us plus of course being very sensible I couldnt afford the SYNS !!! lol xxxx

Is the meatloaf recipe written somewhere in your diary dawn? X

Hi Shenzi,

It was from the Family Feasts for a Fiver book :D

Here's the recipe for you...xx

SW meatloaf

serves 4
each serving is
1/2 syn on EE
1/2 syn on original
12 1/2 syns on green

250g pack smoked back bacon, trimmed of all visible fat
1 med onion, peeled and chopped or grated
1 clove garlic, peeled & crushed
2 level tsp tomato purée
1 level tsp English mustard
1 tsp paprika
1 large egg, lightly beaten
salt & freshly ground black pepper
500g pack extra lean minced beef

Preheat oven to 180 C / gas 4
take a few slices of the bacon & use to line the base & the 2 long sides of a 500g / 1lb loaf tin. Finely chop the rest of the bacon and set aside.

In a large bowl, add the onion, garlic, tomato purée, mustard, paprika & egg with some seasoning & mix thoroughly.

Add the finely chopped bacon & minced beef & mix together well. Spoon the meat mixture into the bacon lined loaf tin & cover tightly with foil. Bake in the oven for 1 hour. Remove from the oven & allow to stand for 10 mins.

Remove the foil from the meatloaf, drain off any liquid & discard. Invert the meatloaf onto a board & cut into 8 slices. Serve with veg or salad.

TIP:- The meatloaf can be cooked straight away or stored in the fridge uncooked for up to a day until ready to cook. Or it can be cooked, cooled & kept for up to 2 days in the tin & re-heated when needed.

GetAttachment.aspx

Last edited:
Mmm dinner looks lovely!! :D its soo lovely driving to work when its quiet! I love it when the kids aren't at school too - as I swear they don't get taught road safety nowadays!!!

Have you got a recipe anywhere for the meat loaf as it looks lush!!!

I am watching embarrassing fats bodies - making me feel a little queezy.. Hehe!

Hope you sleep better tonight - though it is a hot one again :( x

Hi Bexy,

Just posted the meatloaf recipe xx

I just can't bring myself to watch EFB's...lol!!! :eek:

Thank you dawn x x ill defiantly give that one ago but leaving out the mustard! X

Hey Dawn

Hope all ok with you - meatloaf and curry recipe look fab! Thanks for the PM - will be trying the roulade again after the weeked. Still cant get over how tasty the lemon curd is - hubby and bella love it to!

Was Hells Kitchen good? We have taped it as he is hubby's fave - on his 30th I took him to Claridges to celebrate for lunch - it was incredible.... as it was a special occasion and gordan is his hero they gave us a tour of the kitchen! Would love to go again some day...but in money terms its a once in a lifetime for us plus of course being very sensible I couldnt afford the SYNS !!! lol xxxx

Ooh I love Hells Kitchen! It was excellent! I think Gordon's hilarious! :eek:
You did spoil hubby with that Claridges trip :jelous: I bet he absolutely loved it...a day to remember :D
You crack me up with the lemon curd lol! :8855: I can see you putting it on everything!!! xx

Nearly forgot...

New Suki pics...:D

Attachments

• pollys puppies 012.jpg
    pollys puppies 012.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 25
  • pollys puppies 013.jpg
    pollys puppies 013.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 23
Back