Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

bexyboo said:
I wish it would rain here too.. Clear the air a bit!! You could go sit in the fridge?? :) hehe! x

Freezer would be better lol please tell me when this weight comes off summer won't be so much of a nightmare??? X

I actually have a little confession to make...

It was just sooo hot at the weekend I took the plunge and...

wore a pair of shorts!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Wow well done on the run! :) in this heat too!

Bet you looked great in the shorts hot stuff!

julesm said:
Wow well done on the run! :) in this heat too!

Bet you looked great in the shorts hot stuff!

Hmmn...not so much hot stuff... more luke warm tbh lol! ;)

And it was only in the garden, but it was quite a big thing for me...can't remember the last time I wore shorts!

Well done on your run Dawn, and sorry you had to put up with comments from rude individuals. As you know, I had a similar experience so I totally feel for you. Why people feel the need to shout abuse I don't know. Their lives are obviously so pathetic that getting a kick out of others is the only thing they can do. Well done on doing it though. Hope you're not in pain today x

Hmmn...not so much hot stuff... more luke warm tbh lol! ;)

And it was only in the garden, but it was quite a big thing for me...can't remember the last time I wore shorts!
Now all you need to do is progress to a swimsuit in garden! I can vouch for the fact that it's much cooler than clothes.

Last edited:
pjallen1982 said:
Well done on your run Dawn, and sorry you had to put up with comments from rude individuals. As you know, I had a similar experience so I totally feel for you. Why people feel the need to shout abuse I don't know. Their lives are obviously so pathetic that getting a kick out of others is the only thing they can do. Well done on doing it though. Hope you're not in pain today x

Thanks penny,

I must say I thought of you as they zoomed past! Probably couldn't muster an ounce of testosterone between em lol!

Oh, and I am in pain alright! Hips and shoulders mainly, and my back for some strange reason! But I'm thrilled...to have run for nearly nine minutes is a absolute milestone for me! :)

Well done on the running Dawn! and in this weather, you must have been baked!

I agree with the others, bet you were a hot lady in your hot pants ;)
Wearing something like shorts is such a milestone isnt it? I wore some on hols in June, and it must have been the first time for at least 10 years!

Nat xx

Ps - I will see you at class next week Thur (11th) Hope Alicia is back?

xx

People who shout at runners are absolute, excuse the lingo, t*ats. Obviously have nothing better to do with their time than be amused by the exercise regimes of others. Not to sound like a snob but the ones who shout / make comments seem to usually be chavs who have no interest in their own health (eg the drunk chav down my road who can be seen drinking stella while "riding" his bike around the area in the day and who has been evicted from his property several times and had his kid taken off him) ... We should be feeling sorry for THEM. I mean, Dawn, what a bunch of wimps to make comments while going past in a zooming car. GET A LIFE SADDOS! Right. Rant over.

Nattymo said:
Well done on the running Dawn! and in this weather, you must have been baked!

I agree with the others, bet you were a hot lady in your hot pants ;)
Wearing something like shorts is such a milestone isnt it? I wore some on hols in June, and it must have been the first time for at least 10 years!

Nat xx

Ps - I will see you at class next week Thur (11th) Hope Alicia is back?

xx

Aww thanks Nat! Just gotta pluck up the courage to wear them in public lol!

Ooh yes...Alicia is back so that wud be great to see u next week!!! :)

Ooh Jules!

Well said hunni!!!

I think I'll have you as my running bodyguard...if only I could keep up with you lol! Xx

Cheers Hannah! Xx

You cud say I was pretty chuffed lol! I mean its no where near what others are running but its a start! I'm trying to build up to a whole 10 mins lol! Xx

Well done Dawnie - 10 minutes won't be too far off. I don't do running fullstop. Bad for my arthritic knees and hips unfortunately

Hi there ladies,

I'm a bit late tonight as Shirley and I have just been having our hair cut. My hairdresser Michelle is the daughter of one of our ambulance drivers, and she's been doing my hair for years. Shirleys hairdresser has just had an operation on her hand so she's out of action, so I suggested she might like to try Michelle. Well, she did such a lovely job that now Shirley wants to switch to her permanently!

So anyway it's been a busy work day again. I wasn't particularly amused when a crew phoned to say their radio and then the vehicle was completely dead. Turns out all the time I'd put them on standby at the hospital, they'd had the air con on without the engine running...and then after an hour they were surprised to find the damn battery was as flat as a pancake! :mad:

Still, I'm off now for a few days yippee!!

Todays Food EE

42g all bran (B)
125ml 1% milk (part A)

ham salad
salad cream (2)
apple
nectarine
yoghurt (1)

chicken
spuds
green beans
carrots
peas
mushrooms
salad cream (2)
strawberries/pineapple
squirty cream (2)

G&T (2.5) Shirleys fault!!! :eek:

nectarine
125ml 1% milk (rest of A)

Total syns:- 9.5

Don't think we have any plans for tomorrow...bit worried about wi as the home scales are showing a sts again :confused:

What silly ambulance drivers. D'oh!
Your food sounds yummy as ever. If you're worried about WI, why don't you have a longish walk tomorrow to some shops and get some melon or strawberries or some superspeed foods. I was showing a sts yesterday but managed to lose a teeny 1lb so you never know. Keep at it and hopefully you'll be fine tomorrow.
Enjoy your day off x

Well done on the running, Dawn. I agree with what everyone else has said about those kids sounding like right t**ts. I've had similar just from walking down the road. Pathetic. Problem is they are gone before you can retaliate!!

Sure you will be fine for WI too, if you can wander about in shorts, you can do anything!!! I struggle with shorts due to thigh chafing!! Maybe if I ran/cycled some more it would be less of an issue!! xx

Evening Dawn

Good job on the running ... sounds like you are doing amazing already. I am sure you will be suprised on how quick your fitness improves. x x x Good luck for WI tom x x x

What silly ambulance drivers. D'oh!
Your food sounds yummy as ever. If you're worried about WI, why don't you have a longish walk tomorrow to some shops and get some melon or strawberries or some superspeed foods. I was showing a sts yesterday but managed to lose a teeny 1lb so you never know. Keep at it and hopefully you'll be fine tomorrow.
Enjoy your day off x

Thanks Penny xx

I'll be disappointed if I do sts again as I've had a very good food week and upped my exercise.:confused: I think a good walk tomorrow would be a really good idea, thanks xx :) I may walk down to the shop rather than take the car and get some fruit...I think we finished the strawberries off tonight.

You have a good day tomorrow hun xx

Back