Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

bexyboo said:
Oh Dawn, Gwyn is amazing! And finding stuff you like too!! Now how many can say their hubby/OH's can do that?? Hehe!! I am sure you will look super gorgeous in the dress too! :D And a size twelve... *dreams*

Don't apologise for any of your posts, we're all here to support you.

Also glad your feeling better about little Suki too! Not long now! :)

Hope your okay today - wearing your new clothes!? :)

Have a good day :)

xx

Morning Bexy xx

It's a bit scarey sometimes as Gwyn will often buy me stuff that I'd never considered wearing before...and its always ok. I stick to the same style...trousers or long skirts with t-shirts or jumpers, and ALWAYS in black or navy. Now I have pinks, yellows, creams etc...and not one but 2 'short' outfits! Think it goes to prove that we see what we expect to see when we look in a mirror...someone fat and frumpy who should be as invisible as possible. Whereas others actually see us for what we really are...loving caring people who for whatever reason have let things slip away from us, but who still deserve to feel and look nice whatever our weight xx

Anyway, hubbs is just LOVING all this attention from u lovely ladies lol! Xx

Emmaline said:
Your a fab lady Dawn.
Don't know what I would do without you as you always continue to visit my diary despite my dismal posts! Must try to take a leaf out of your book and try to be a better person.... :D

Lots of love to you .... :)

Oh gosh Emmaline, you've really stopped me in my tracks by saying such a lovely thing xx. I don't know what to say other than thankyou so much xx. You're a lovely person silly...don't u change one little bit! I love coming to visit and offering useless bits of advice lol! And you know it works both ways...you have always given me tremendous support (and its not been useless lol!). We're friends and we help eachother xxx

bexyboo said:
Perhaps, you should get Gwyn to take you out for dinner and you can wear your new dress?? Hehe. x

Ooh...now that would be nice! Maybe that could be my driving force to lose this week? I'm so determined to lose something, ANYTHING on Thursday. Especially as I'm meeting Nattymo there for the very first time!

Hubby picking up some tops for me?..........I couldn't imagine in a million years what they would be like!:eek:....so, can I put an order in for a personal shopping trip with Gwyn, I understand there is quite a waiting list! :)

Wow for the size 12's Dawn! And a perfect personal shopper - great! xx

My hubby is a gem - cooking, cleaning, washing, ironing - all no problem. But getting him clothes shopping is a big big no-no! I have to buy everything for him as he won't go in a clothes shop. Only thing he buys for himself are shoes!

So what chance do I have of him buying me anything?

Can I join the personal shopper list too please? He could always come here. Almoradi is very nice in the Autumn when I need to buy some new clothas!

Hubby picking up some tops for me?..........I couldn't imagine in a million years what they would be like!:eek:....so, can I put an order in for a personal shopping trip with Gwyn, I understand there is quite a waiting list! :)

Hi Lynne...you know I'm starting to think there might be a spot of money to be made here...Rent-a-Gwyn lol!!! :giggle:

My hubby is a gem - cooking, cleaning, washing, ironing - all no problem. But getting him clothes shopping is a big big no-no! I have to buy everything for him as he won't go in a clothes shop. Only thing he buys for himself are shoes!

So what chance do I have of him buying me anything?

Can I join the personal shopper list too please? He could always come here. Almoradi is very nice in the Autumn when I need to buy some new clothas!

I better warn you Bev...I think he's upstairs packing...! :rotflmao:

Just quickly catching up on all your posts. Wow, new clothes - sound amazing and love your husband's plan. Very cunning but so cute. Looking forward to seeing pics of you in these new skinny clothes. I can imagine it feels weird wearing above the knee clothes but just remember you're no longer carrying round 4stone of weight, so wear it with pride. I have no doubt Gwyn will be smiling like a cheshire cat and oh so proud of you.
My thoughts are with you all for your poor Uncle. Seriously words cannot explain how devasting life can be. Was just telling bf about the sh1t your family have been faced with.
Thanks for the good wishes for 5k. I am a bit worried about it, but bf is being a gem and said it doesn't matter what time we get round, it's taking part and raising money for a worthy cause.
Hope you have a nice saturday evening and enjoy a bit of Barrowman action :) x

Hi Hannah xx

Yes I did wonder if naughty hubby had planned it from the start :rolleyes: I will get some pics of the clothes on next week...when I LOSE!!! I might actually wear the skirt tomorrow to church, or one of the tops...or BOTH lol!!!

We should be able to pick Suki up next Sunday, but I'm going to see if we can leave her until the Thursday that I start my 7 days off so I can spend a really good amount of time with her. :chores016:

Thanks for the heads up on the diet coke front :party0051: I'm really going to avoid it as much as possible this week and have water or nas squash like you said. I'm not giving myself ANY reason at all for not losing this week! :angel09:

Have a good week hun...don't let mum cook too much grub in oil lol! :eek:

Evening ladies xx

Nice lazy day today :giggle: We had a really late start...didn't wake up till after 9am so it was gone 10 before I finished my tea in bed and made it down for breakfast :eek: So then while Gwyn pottered in the garden, I went back upstairs to dye my [STRIKE]grey[/STRIKE] blond bits and shower, and by the time I'd finished Gwyn was hoovering!

After lunch we settled down to watch England v Wales in the rugby...always an interesting couple of hours in our house :rolleyes: Gwyn is a passionate and patriotic Welshman and adores his rugby...and I'm just as patriotic about England :eek: Anyway, England won, but only just!

Later on I began to get tea ready and also tomorrows dinner. But when I got the bag of fresh spinach out, it wasn't actually that fresh any more :yuk: so poor hubby went off to Tesco to get another bag bless him. And I must admit that it was gorgeous. We followed Pommettes recipe http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/215647-salmon-florentine-can-do-chicken-too.html but used sea bass instead of salmon (only cos we didn't have any salmon) and both Gwyn and I really enjoyed it. Neither of us had ever had sea bass before and we were very impressed, and we loved the fresh spinach :D So thanks for the recipe Pommette...and thanks for the slight hints about spinach Sarah!!!

Todays Food

42g weetabix crunchy bran (B)
125ml ss milk ( 1/2 A)

big bowl of chopped strawberries, banana, nectarine and melon with ff yoghurt

sea bass
spinach
home made cheese sauce (rest of A + 2nd A)
salad
Gails salad dressing - balsamic vinegar and mustard (1/2)
yoghurt
wine (6)
options hot choc (2)

Total syns:- 8 1/2

I feel I've had another good day food wise :D I've kept under 10 syns, had loads of sf food, and not had any fizzy drink :angel09: So here's hoping a week like this will get things moving again!!! :cross:

Tbh, I think I've been on a bit of a downer today anyway. We are taking Dad's brother home from hospital by ambulance tomorrow. He has brain, lung and kidney cancer, and is on oxygen intermittently. He can barely stand. It's all come about so quickly, and only 2 months after Dad died. It's just so sad and so soon.

And then to top it all, I had an email from the breeder to say Suki had her first vet check yesterday, and her jabs and microchip, and the vet found she has an umbilical hernia :( Apparently it's quite small, and the vet said it can be stitched back when she's spayed at 6 months of age. I went to see our vets today, and they confirmed it was a very common problem and shouldn't cause any problems once she's been operated on. We're still going to have her, but it's just upset me a bit that she has this problem :sigh:

So, all in all, not the best of days but I've definitely had worse. Although I really think it's about time things started to go right for us ... there comes a point when you get sick of putting on a brave face all the time. :sigh:

Hi Dawn. I am trying to catch up with your diary as I am new to all this Sam Pepys stuff.

I can not tell you how sorry I am about your uncle especially as you have so recently walked the same path.

We have had several pups with exactly the same condition and never had them operated on and they have always been fine.

I'm blown away by all your lovely comments and wonderful words of wisdom. What a kind lot you are xx.
Could that be because you are so kind and thoughtful and so deserving of the support you get from so many people. You are a truly lovely and oh so thoughtful lady.

The world needs more folk like you Dawn.
I have loved reading your diary and *meeting* all your lovely friends, you deserve all the support you get because you in turn are so supportive.
big, big hugs xxxxx

Aww Sue...thank you for calling in! And for leaving such a kind message too xx I seem to remember a certain person offering me her shoulder to cry on when I was at my lowest...even though she was going through a terrifying time herself. Sound familiar Sue? ;) You were dishing out moral support like it was going out of fashion, despite the threat of serious illness hanging over you. I shan't forget that, and nor will all the other people you've helped xx

Uh oh. Think the Jim treatment might be needed round here again. All this lovey dovey stuff going on.
I'll have to see what I can do.

Oh, did you manage to pick out my gentle SPINACH hints? They were very subtle!
Glad you enjoyed it. Now try using raw spinach instead of (or mixed in with) lettuce in your next salad. Gorgeous!

Hey Jim!

Subtle is your middle name hun!

Tbh it was lucky I spotted those hints at all! They were so well hidden!

Absolutely loved the spinach ... really like the flavour. I just wish I'd put the whole bag in the dish as it really goes down to nothing doesn't it?

I will be tryin it in salad too. And I was wondering how to incorporate it into Sunday dinner tomorrow. We're having chicken...so I suppose I could put it on a bed of spinach...I want to use it up as the last bag we got went off in 2 days :(

Hi Dawn - so glad you liked both the spinach and the recipe. It really is one of my faves. And yes, pack the casserole with spinach as it disappears to nothing.

Your food for today looks good - no fizzy drinks and less than 10 syns should definitely get things moving! Don't drop them too low though

Thanks Bev xx

Feeling very positive after 2 brilliant days :) I'm actually enjoying the challenge of this new regime, and I think its just what I needed. Of course, if it works and I lose weight on Thursday, I won't know if its the extra super free, fizzy drinks ban, mixing up of plans or portion control...but I don't think I'll care lol! Xx

And if I don't lose weight...well I really dont know what else to try! At least I'll know myself that I gave it my best shot, and I'll just have to be patient :( Easier said than done with me lol ;) Xx

Last edited:
Have a good day chica, and have a rest. Not too much house and gardens!

Back