Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Hi dawn,

Cooks tip please - should the roulade be squidy to the touch or does it need to go back in the oven for a bit?

Many thanks Emma x x

shenzi said:
Hi dawn,

Cooks tip please - should the roulade be squidy to the touch or does it need to go back in the oven for a bit?

Many thanks Emma x x

I'd give it another 2 or 3 mins, just in case. And then let it dry out on some kitchen roll on a wire rack for a while xx

Thanks dawn i did that but Ive already started eating it i wonder if i eat the whole thing ill be alright! Doubt it lol meatloaf is now in the oven too! X

Picture below before i rolled it and ruined it lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110807_153157.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110807_153157.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 31
Thanks dawn i did that but Ive already started eating it i wonder if i eat the whole thing ill be alright! Doubt it lol meatloaf is now in the oven too! X

Picture below before i rolled it and ruined it lol

Looks lovely Shenzi!!! :D

So looking forward to meeting you on Thursday! I'll probably be late...nearer 5.45 ... as its a work day for me too and I'll try to change out of my uniform beforehand, but we'll still have time for a good ole natter! Could always have a quick drink in the pub after if u want, or food! Xx Oops...leading u astray already lol! Xx

Sounds like a plan to me! x

Helloooo Ladies!

How's your Sunday been? Nice and full up with Sunday dinner??? :eating:

I had a really nice morning at church with Gwyn. After the service we had coffee as usual, and several people made some really nice comments about how well I was looking. I wore the black skirt that Gwyn bought me from Matalan, and a top I bought years ago but couldn't get in to. Then the comments began about not losing too much weight lol!!! I mean, behave!!! My bmi puts me firmly in the overweight category! But it was still nice! Here's me this morning...

th_DSCF1280.jpg

When we came home we had dinner which was delicious, and then settled down to watch some footie on the TV. It was a lovely afternoon actually as Daniel came for dinner and we hadn't seen him for a few days.

One sad thing though is that I phoned Mum as one of her cats had been ill for a few days and spent 2 nights at the vets, and sadly she had to put her to sleep yesterday :cry: She was 17 so a very good age, and mum's coping ok. She has 3 other cats but Gemma was her favourite.

Right, I'm going to post my food (so far) and come visiting :shifter:

Todays Food EE

42g weetabix crunch bran (B)
250mls ss milk (A)

roast skinless chicken on a bed of spinach
roast spuds
carrots
runner beans
leeks
gravy (2)

th_DSCF1281.jpg

syn free meringue with strawberries, banana, pineapple, melon and yoghurt

th_DSCF1282.jpg

G&T (3)
Alpen bar (3)

Total Syns:- 8
Exercise:- 1k run + 1k walk

Last edited:
Dawn... you look fantastic.. awww , sad for your mum. 17 is a good age but its still a sad loss .. Happy memories .. You may find it a bit revolting but I have 2 little carved wooden boxes on my mantlepiece containing my previous 2 cats ashes !!!! The boxes are lovely but never got round to burying the ashes.. now Im thinking about it perhaps I should do it..

Dawn... you look fantastic.. awww , sad for your mum. 17 is a good age but its still a sad loss .. Happy memories .. You may find it a bit revolting but I have 2 little carved wooden boxes on my mantlepiece containing my previous 2 cats ashes !!!! The boxes are lovely but never got round to burying the ashes.. now Im thinking about it perhaps I should do it..

Thanks Diana xx

Not revolting at all xx

I have the ashes of my two girlies Simba & Sophie in the dining room...and that's where they're staying. I want them to be near me, and I really cant face moving them. We lost both dogs in the space of 4 months quite recently, so it's still a bit raw :( My logic is that they were part of the family, so they should be with us!!!

Witwoooo! You look fantastic!!!

I have to admit if anything happened to my dog shenzi I would definitely have her ashes here with me couldnt live without her being in the house...

Looking very lovely Dawn! :) hope you've had a good day.

Sorry to hear about your Mum's cat! Soo sad! I hope she is okay. Yeah, if anything happens to Buddy, mum has always said she will have him back with us! There is a company in Essex who can turn them into gorgeous glass jewelery, not for me, but we advertice at work...

Have a good evening Dawn :) and a good day tomorrow.

Xxx

Thanks Diana xx

Not revolting at all xx

I have the ashes of my two girlies Simba & Sophie in the dining room...and that's where they're staying. I want them to be near me, and I really cant face moving them. We lost both dogs in the space of 4 months quite recently, so it's still a bit raw :( My logic is that they were part of the family, so they should be with us!!!
Glad its not just me.. One of the cats was such a character and used to wear a party hat at Christmas... we still have the hat and used to put it on the ashes box on Christmas day. You used to be able to buy cat costumes ( cruel I dare say) not this one !! It was the highlight of Christmas to take pictures of him in the latest outfit.. He was happy as Larry and walked about for the photoshoot then curled up and went to sleep ..in costume. He wasnt too fussed on the hats though :D. I understand you wanting Simba and Sophie near you. Must have been traumatic losing them both so close together.

Dawn - definitely looking good. Now just a short step away to that dress . . .

My mum has just lost her cat too and got his ashes back. She dug a hole in the garden and planted a new rose busg with his ashes as fertiliser and has the wooden box next to her chair in the lounge. That way she can remember him twice over!

Last edited:
Dawn you look so good, just fantastic !!!!You must feel really good.

One of the things that makes me sad about selling this house is all our animals buried here from horses to chickens.

Animals are so important to those of us who love them. They wag their tails not their tongues !!

Thanks for the nice comments guys xx

It is nice to enjoy getting dressed now, rather than just getting upset cos nothing looks nice on. And even tho I'm not at target yet, I think I look normal, which is all I ever wanted to do. Not to stand out because of my size, but just to blend in with everyone else, iykwim xx

Your user name really suits you now Dawn............bring it on SKINNY DAWN yeah !!!!

Love the picture Dawn! I'm sure you'll lose weight this week, I'm very impressed by your motivation. x :)

Thanks for the nice comments guys xx

It is nice to enjoy getting dressed now, rather than just getting upset cos nothing looks nice on. And even tho I'm not at target yet, I think I look normal, which is all I ever wanted to do. Not to stand out because of my size, but just to blend in with everyone else, iykwim xx

Totally relate to this :) This is exactly what I want, just to blend in, buy clothes from normal shops, feel happy. You look happy. You look amazing, you should be very very proud of yourself as we all are of you :D

When do you get your little puppy? Please come home via Rushden so that I can snuggle her... :D xxxxx

Back