Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

They're better on thumbnails, cos I can't see the Photobucket ones at all from work!
Agree with Jot - I can see them . . . JUST. Too small though for my ancient eyes!

I hate the dentist, always have and think always will. Just the smell of the place makes me feel ill. So great news that you didn't need any work. YAY!
Sadly I have to agree with the others about the photos, but just assumed it was my computer messing up.
Well done on your food. You're doing great. What was this meringue dessert? I'm intrigued x

Me too! re the dentist...I have found one now who, altho' a big stolid man and a very brusque manner, is very kind and considerate.

As for the doggie thing, my poodle would NOT walk anywhere if there was the slightest noise and had to be continually carried. He loved going to the poodle parlour for his shampoo and trim and then we would paint his nails pink! He would sit and pucker his nose up at the smell... makes me laugh now thinking about it...:D

And funny thing about pics, 'cos one day I will master it and do lots of posting pics and then a few days later can't remember how to at all! The latter is the present status quo...:sigh:

Hope you are having a good day Dawn....:)

Last edited:
pjallen1982 said:
I hate the dentist, always have and think always will. Just the smell of the place makes me feel ill. So great news that you didn't need any work. YAY!
Sadly I have to agree with the others about the photos, but just assumed it was my computer messing up.
Well done on your food. You're doing great. What was this meringue dessert? I'm intrigued x

Hi penny,

The tropical meringue thing was really simple, out of a sw mag.

400g pineapple chopped into 1/2 in pieces
3 ripe bananas peeled and thickly sliced
113g low fat ready made custard
Zest of 1 Orange (I didn't have any)
Approx 200g low fat vanilla yoghurt (I used onken)
2 large egg whites
28g caster sugar.

Preheat oven to 190 c / gas 5
Put bananas and pineapple in medium sized oven proof dish
Whisk together the custard, zest, and yoghurt and pour over banana mixture and stir.
Put the egg whites in a large clean glass bowl and beat with an electric whisk until forms stiff peaks
Turn speed up to high and add the caster sugar a spoonful at a time, continuing to beat until mixture is stiff and glossy.
Spoon the meringue over the banana mixture and bake for 5 - 10 mins or until meringue is billowy and golden
Serve immediately

5 1/2 syns on all choices
Serves 6

VERY FILLING!

Last edited:
Tropical meringue pie...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110809_140310.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110809_140310.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 34
Haha! Lots of strange people about eh? Lol!

Nah, Suki won't need the buggy...well I hope not anyway!!
We bought it for our last dog who for the last 2 years was riddled with arthritis, blind, and tore her cruciate ligament which was inoperable, and all of this before she got cancer. We live on the outskirts of the countryside but poor Sophie couldn't walk that far, and it seemed ridiculous to have to take her in the car for a 2 min journey...hence the buggy! We also wanted to use it for her when we went walking in the lake district, but sadly Sophie died before we could take her :'(

If our 23 year old needs a buggy she will have one. She is rickety now but still valiantly trying to keep up with the other 6 younger dogs. She is amazing.
Come to think of it the 2 big ones could push her lol !!!

url

fillymum said:
If our 23 year old needs a buggy she will have one. She is rickety now but still valiantly trying to keep up with the other 6 younger dogs. She is amazing.
Come to think of it the 2 big ones could push her lol !!!

23? blooming heck that's a incredibly good age! X

Did you hear that Wellingborough is shut due to threatened riots? Unreal... so sad ..... Apparently Dunelm Mill has already been smashed :(

Noooooo.......oh dear.

Love the pudding Dawn I'll try that.

Hey Dawn

The meringue looks lovely, even in my very delicate state......

I am petrified of the dentist to, thats why I do 160 mile round trip to mine!!!

Have a great week x Sarah x

23? blooming heck that's a incredibly good age! X

She is as deaf as a post doesn't hear a thing but can see a sweetie being unwrapped at 100 meters.

hotchpotch009.jpg

She really looks her age in this photo but she is still very active..................bless her.

Sorry Dawn just remembered this is your diary not mine oooops !!!!

5 1/2 servings on all choices
Serves 6
I take it you mean syns?

Sue, 23 is blumin' fantastic for a dog. What do you give her to eat? Spinach?

Dawnie - I feel it only fair to point out the only two pets I've even known called Suki were both cats!! - indeed, one of them was a Siamese - though to be fair she was called Suki-pops! (don't ask!)

I just don't want your dawg growing p with some kind of complex. Gawd knows with you as its mistress it needs all the breaks it can get:p

With, erm. respect of course.

Hey Dawn!
How exciting, Suki will be with you soon :)
Tropical meringue looks lush as always! And well done on the dentist! That was good to go and need nowt! You are loving the shopping at the mo - and why the blazers not, you have worked so hard and deserve to buy pretty things.

Really looking forward to seeing you Thur. I will be there earlier than you, so will face the scales and get it over with (I KNOW) I will have gained due to birthday and excesses. But I have really tried to be on plan in between the parties / trip away and am back on 100%.

Will look out for you and dont laugh at my sorrowful face from my gain!!

I am sure you will do awesomely. :) x

Dawnie - I feel it only fair to point out the only two pets I've even known called Suki were both cats!! - indeed, one of them was a Siamese - though to be fair she was called Suki-pops! (don't ask!)

I just don't want your dawg growing p with some kind of complex. Gawd knows with you as its mistress it needs all the breaks it can get:p

With, erm. respect of course.

Erm...excuse ME!!! :eek:

My uncle Rodney had a great big golden lab boy doggy called Suki...so :Na_Na_Na_Na:

Not my fault if the people you knew lumbered their cats with a dogs name...:8855: Poor moggies!!! :rolleyes:

Hey Dawn!
How exciting, Suki will be with you soon :)
Tropical meringue looks lush as always! And well done on the dentist! That was good to go and need nowt! You are loving the shopping at the mo - and why the blazers not, you have worked so hard and deserve to buy pretty things.

Really looking forward to seeing you Thur. I will be there earlier than you, so will face the scales and get it over with (I KNOW) I will have gained due to birthday and excesses. But I have really tried to be on plan in between the parties / trip away and am back on 100%.

Will look out for you and dont laugh at my sorrowful face from my gain!!

I am sure you will do awesomely. :) x

Ooh not long now before we meet up!!!

How will I know you...will you be holding a copy of the Times and wearing a pink carnation in your hair lol!!! :eek:
I'm going to dash home and get my uniform off as I loathe wearing it outside of work :mad: I don't know if you're familiar with the Yeoman, but if you park in the car park and then go up the metal fire escape, we're in the room over the car park entrance. I'll get there as soon as I can!!!

I'm really glad you're back into it hun :0clapper:

I'll drop you a note on Thur and let you know what I am wearing- altho I quite like your idea!!!

Thanks for that- I would have been wandering round outside with no idea! X

Ps- I have a thread in the pix section called before and en route, so you know what I look like!

Back