Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

skinnydawn said:
lol!

I don't think anything has changed here while you've been away...

Gails still superwoman!
Sarahs still knitting my spinach dress!
Shenzi, tilly and jackie are still not quite the full ticket!
Ginlins still shopping!
Nickis still my bestie!
Bex is still saving the animals!
Bevs still manically running from apartment to apartment like an epileptic spider!
Fillymums still trying to keep her wayward son stevie babe under control!
And stevie babe...well he's still stevie babe! ;)

oh...and i'm still here!
And suki is still adorable!
And gwyn is still gawjus!

Sorry for anyone i've missed out but i only get an hours break...!

Welcome home you skinny mynx xx :)

and emmaline is still one of my bestest elitist nicest friends ever ever ever!!! Xxx

JimofTroy said:
Well I wasn't invited!

I'm sure you've had an enjoyable time, catching up with all these threads.

Hope today has been a bit less manic than yesterday.

But I'm still here - just trying to get some work done. Will post properly later.
Still on plan though. Whoop whoop!

Well I thought I'd better let u get some work/knitting done...;)

Catch up with you later xx

Lol!

Gails still superwoman!
Shenzi, Tilly and Jackie are still not quite the full ticket!
Ginlins still shopping!
Nickis still my bestie!
Bevs still manically running from apartment to apartment like an epileptic spider!
Fillymums still trying to keep her wayward son Stevie babe under control!
And Stevie babe...well he's still stevie babe! ;)

Oh...and I'm still here!
And Suki is still adorable!
And Gwyn is still gawjus!

Sorry for anyone I've missed out but I only get an hours break...!

I do seem to have been doing an awful lot of that lately;)

Lol!

Gails still superwoman!
Shenzi, Tilly and Jackie are still not quite the full ticket!
Ginlins still shopping!
Nickis still my bestie!
Fillymums still trying to keep her wayward son Stevie babe under control!
And Stevie babe...well he's still stevie babe! ;)

Oh...and I'm still here!
And Suki is still adorable!
And Gwyn is still gawjus!

Sorry for anyone I've missed out but I only get an hours break...!

Awww thanks for the round up Dawny! Can't wait to see the pics of you in your elegant spinach robe. xxx

julesm said:
Awww thanks for the round up Dawny! Can't wait to see the pics of you in your elegant spinach robe. xxx

Hehe....just got to keep the bunnies away from it!

Evening all x

Work day from hell :badmood:

Enough said :sigh:

Shirley came round this evening in quite a state. She spent 11 days in Norwich staying with her Mum Edna, and while she was there it became apparent that Edna was falling ill. She was becoming more confused by the day...putting her nightie over her clothes, trying to leave the flat in the middle of the night etc. so Shirley spoke to the doctor who put Edna on antibiotics for a severe water infection, and Shirley came home yesterday. But today when Shirley phoned her, a carer answered to say that Edna had semi collapsed and they had called an ambulance. So obviously Shirley is going to have to go back to Norwich tomorrow to see how Edna is and if they've managed to establish exactly what's going on. Shirleys sister helps to look after Edna, but her husband has recently been diagnosed with the same cancer as Dad had, and he sneezed yesterday and felt excruciating pain in his chest. The doctors are trying to establish if his cancer has attached to the bone as they think his rib has broken. So they already have enough to cope with without trying to sort Edna out. But it now means Shirley can't go to Dads brothers funeral on Friday. :sigh:

Ever get that feeling that the bad things are just never gonna end...:(

Anyway, food has been good ... seems bl**dy unimportant in the grand scheme of things doesn't it? :confused: I'm not really sure whether today was an EE day or a SEx day...

Todays Food

42g all bran (B)
250ml ss milk (A)

chicken salad
salad cream (2)
velvet crunch (4)
5 plums
apple
banana

ham and egg salad
salad cream (2)
yoghurt

G&T (3)
alpen bar (3)

Total syns:- 14

God I sound like a right misery guts! :eek: I'm not usually, honest! Just had a bad day. I'm going to cheer myself up by coming to visit :)

Hehe....just got to keep the bunnies away from it!

:eek: *covers oneself up*

Evening all x

Work day from hell :badmood:

Enough said :sigh:

Shirley came round this evening in quite a state. She spent 11 days in Norwich staying with her Mum Edna, and while she was there it became apparent that Edna was falling ill. She was becoming more confused by the day...putting her nightie over her clothes, trying to leave the flat in the middle of the night etc. so Shirley spoke to the doctor who put Edna on antibiotics for a severe water infection, and Shirley came home yesterday. But today when Shirley phoned her, a carer answered to say that Edna had semi collapsed and they had called an ambulance. So obviously Shirley is going to have to go back to Norwich tomorrow to see how Edna is and if they've managed to establish exactly what's going on. Shirleys sister helps to look after Edna, but her husband has recently been diagnosed with the same cancer as Dad had, and he sneezed yesterday and felt excruciating pain in his chest. The doctors are trying to establish if his cancer has attached to the bone as they think his rib has broken. So they already have enough to cope with without trying to sort Edna out. But it now means Shirley can't go to Dads brothers funeral on Friday. :sigh:

Ever get that feeling that the bad things are just never gonna end...:(

Anyway, food has been good ... seems bl**dy unimportant in the grand scheme of things doesn't it? :confused: I'm not really sure whether today was an EE day or a SEx day...

God I sound like a right misery guts! :eek: I'm not usually, honest! Just had a bad day. I'm going to cheer myself up by coming to visit :)

Oh what a rubbish day. Is Edna not in hospital then ? Sounds like she might need to be ?? I hope she starts to get better soon.

As posted a few times before, it's ok to not be happy all the time. That's just how life is. We are here for you from good to bad, from fat to thin or whatever. So it's fine. All welcome here :)

Sending you big hugs from me.

Gail xxxx

Hugs Dawnie (see, I do have a human side)!

Not the greastest of days, and I;m sure the only way is up from here on in.

I've had more awful news from work - it is coming daily at the moment. I refuse to use it as an excuse though. Time I separated one from t'other.

Some people can switch off when they walk through the door - some of us are more "involved" than that.

I can relate to your run of destruction/bad luck (death:() - can't offer any consling words Dawn, but it does stop!

(fatty) Steve:p

Dawn - ((( hugs ))) from me too. I just don't know what else to say chica, you're not having the best of times at the mo are you. Hope tomorrow is better.

Hi Gail,

yes she's in hospital. Shirleys sister is with her and will let Shirley know what's happening this evening. Edna has been recently diagnosed with early onset alzheimer's but is normally very lucid. She had a bad spell a few months ago and her confusion was put down to dehydration. Whatever the diagnosis, she can't go back to her flat, even with the care package 3 times a day. It's just not enough. She's been falling over this week too.

I'm ok now, just had to get it off my chest.

Thanks Gail xx

Hi Steve and Bev,

It just seems to go that way sometimes doesn't it?

Feeling a lot better now thank you xxx

How good is it to be able to offload on here??? :)

Hi Gail,

yes she's in hospital. Shirleys sister is with her and will let Shirley know what's happening this evening. Edna has been recently diagnosed with early onset alzheimer's but is normally very lucid. She had a bad spell a few months ago and her confusion was put down to dehydration. Whatever the diagnosis, she can't go back to her flat, even with the care package 3 times a day. It's just not enough. She's been falling over this week too.

I'm ok now, just had to get it off my chest.

Thanks Gail xx

Obviously I didn't post 'like' to what's going on, just that you can get it off your chest.

Obviously I haven't gone to bed yet either........:rolleyes:

Glad she's in hospital and I hope they can make her a bit better soon.

More hugs for you.

Gail xxx

. . .
How good is it to be able to offload on here??? :)
Minis has that effect on a lot of us. I've been able to say so much more about things than I can in person to one of my best friends. And I don't just think it is because we haven't met people, it is just because the people here are a fabulous, supportive gang.

Keep offloading chica when you need to. I know it helps and we're here to give you the hugs you need.

Emmaline said:
Gosh Dawn, what a whallop of bad news one way or t'other! Hope things get better for you soon.

AND such lovely words about me ... fair makes me blush...:D

Aww thankyou Emmaline xx

You know I believe you're the only person I talk to on here who isn't on SW, so you must be very special xx

A lot of my SW friends probably won't know you, but they would all be so impressed with the way you soldier on despite the almost constant pain you're in x. That's what I call truly inspirational xx

Take care x

Hi Dawn, sorry to hear that you have yet more on your plate to cope with. Gosh you are a superwoman! And agree that there's nothing wrong with getting it all off your chest!! Hope you're alright. Lots of virtual love and hugs xxxx

Aww Dawn I'm so sorry that yet more rubbish has come your way. It is very sad for all your family. I really hope Edna is comfortable and the hospital can help her as much as possible. It is very sad when people get to that stage where they need more help than a carer coming in 3 times a day can provide. I hope Shirley is able to have some time to relax too though because it must be a big strain on her too. Big hugs to you all, and well done on your food xxx

Offload away Dawnie (PM facility is good for that too!)

In the immortal words of Sister Sledge, "We are family"

I guess that makes you all my sisters then eh?;)

Have a good day today and a better one tomorrow sexylegs:p

(Stout) Steve:cool:

Oh dear. I'm sorry I didn't get on last night. I'm sure I could have managed to say something supportive without being too n***. Or may be not.

Have a specific Sarah spinach hug, and enjoy your days off playing with your ball of fluff. And Suki. (;))

Back