Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Maximus said:
I love old people me Dawn! - I had the honour of walking part of the walk today with Bill. Bill has written a book - a manuscript (unpublished) of his war memoirs.

I'm going to contact a few friends-of-friends people to get it published. Published online - it is a story to be seen by a wider audience.

Bill, wrote the book when visiting hospital with his dying wife. A tale of a world war two RAF man who flew Pathfinder missions targetting potential bombin targets in France, Germany Czechoslovakia etc. - it total he flew the maximum 45 missions. - Today, as I felt the strain of hauling my almost 47 year old bones up a Northumberland hillside whilst chatting with this great man, he revealed he is 89 years old!

Over 8 mile today and not just a straight path! - i can't wait to read this manuscript.

Inspirational to the young Steve I can tell you! - he also did the 7.6 mile walk yesterday too.

Wow - what an inspiration Bill is. I love meeting real heroes like him x

Wow sounds like a busy, tiring day for you indeed. Totally feel for you with being left with all the washing up. I know that feeling. The problem is once I've eaten, I can't relax knowing there's washing up to be done so I will go do it. My bf on the other hand likes to relax first....so you know what happens, I do it and then it's all done by the time bf has relaxed! This is not to say he doesn't do his fair share, of course. He's my little star so I forgive him.

Glad the curry was tasty. I'll have to give it a go at some point. I may do some more of your spinach dahl tomorrow night, always tasty, good for weight loss and can freeze some portions now I have space in the freezer.

Have a good evening honey x

Wow sounds like a busy, tiring day for you indeed. Totally feel for you with being left with all the washing up. I know that feeling. The problem is once I've eaten, I can't relax knowing there's washing up to be done so I will go do it. My bf on the other hand likes to relax first....so you know what happens, I do it and then it's all done by the time bf has relaxed!

And that PJ, is what children are for. :D

Morning, mate.
You up for a cuppa today?

By which I mean
a) a cuppa
b) setting the world to rights
c) a good gossip
d) a laugh at some patients, and
e) a kick up the backside. (That's you kicking me, not the other way round. Have you got your dominatrix boots on today?)

JimofTroy said:
Morning, mate.
You up for a cuppa today?

By which I mean
a) a cuppa
b) setting the world to rights
c) a good gossip
d) a laugh at some patients, and
e) a kick up the backside. (That's you kicking me, not the other way round. Have you got your dominatrix boots on today?)

Oh yes! Definately!

Text u in a min x

Wow sounds like a busy, tiring day for you indeed. Totally feel for you with being left with all the washing up. I know that feeling. The problem is once I've eaten, I can't relax knowing there's washing up to be done so I will go do it. My bf on the other hand likes to relax first....so you know what happens, I do it and then it's all done by the time bf has relaxed! This is not to say he doesn't do his fair share, of course. He's my little star so I forgive him.

Glad the curry was tasty. I'll have to give it a go at some point. I may do some more of your spinach dahl tomorrow night, always tasty, good for weight loss and can freeze some portions now I have space in the freezer.

Have a good evening honey x

Wow! a dream woman - Dawnie I might just have to start believing in that God fella after all;)

Please tell me you and Sassy McSarah were talking about me.

Maximus said:
Wow! a dream woman - Dawnie I might just have to start believing in that God fella after all;)

Please tell me you and Sassy McSarah were talking about me.

Weren't your ears burning...?

They shud've been...;-)

Evening all x

OMG what a crappy day it's been at work!

Two breakdowns...red alert...no office staff...computers down...:flamingmad::flamingmad::flamingmad:
So looking forward to going back in tomorrow...:cry:

Poor little Suki doesn't know it but Auntie Carol is coming in the morning to give her a bit of a bath and hair cut bless her :eek: I'm sure she'll be ok but it really tires her out! And we're going puppy training in the evening :chores016: so she should sleep well tomorrow night :zz:

Well I haven't got much to talk about today si I'll just post my food and try to visit a few diaries before the apprentice starts!

Todays Food EE

banana

salmon salad
salad cream (2)
apple
tangerine

sw curry
rice
mango chutney (4)
pineapple & yoghurt (1)

milky coffee (a)
hi fi bar (b)

Total syns:- 7

Oh sorry to hear you had a crappy day, rubbish. What happened to your breakfast this morning, only a nana?!?
Hope you have a nice relaxing evening xxx

Oh dear...can't sneak anything past you Penny lol! :eek:

I was going to have cereal but ran out of time...

So plan B was to take a yoghurt and Alpen bar to mix in it at work...

but I was just to busy to eat it, so it's still in the office fridge and I'm hoping to have it tomorrow instead!

Thanks for noticing & taking the time to mention it hunni xxx :hug99:

Oh dear...can't sneak anything past you Penny lol! :eek:

I was going to have cereal but ran out of time...

So plan B was to take a yoghurt and Alpen bar to mix in it at work...

but I was just to busy to eat it, so it's still in the office fridge and I'm hoping to have it tomorrow instead!

Thanks for noticing & taking the time to mention it hunni xxx :hug99:

Ha ha. Well I need to make sure you don't totally fade away ;)
I hope you can tear yourself away from your lovely hubby and get out of bed earlier tomorrow for breakie ;)
Your food always sounds so much nicer than mine. When you have salmon salad, is that a tin of salmon?
x

Ha ha. Well I need to make sure you don't totally fade away ;)
I hope you can tear yourself away from your lovely hubby and get out of bed earlier tomorrow for breakie ;)
Your food always sounds so much nicer than mine. When you have salmon salad, is that a tin of salmon?
x

Lol!!! Gwyn liked that! He might let me out of bed tomorrow...:D

Yes, I just put half a tin of red salmon into a little container and pour some balsamic vinegar over it, and then just put the container in my salad lunch box. So when I'm ready to eat it, the vinegar has really soaked into the salmon, and I just tip the whole lot over the salad...very yummy! :eating:

And I always think your food looks better than mine lol!

Lol!!! Gwyn liked that! He might let me out of bed tomorrow...:D

Yes, I just put half a tin of red salmon into a little container and pour some balsamic vinegar over it, and then just put the container in my salad lunch box. So when I'm ready to eat it, the vinegar has really soaked into the salmon, and I just tip the whole lot over the salad...very yummy! :eating:

And I always think your food looks better than mine lol!

To be fair Gwyn does have less of you to hold onto these days!!!
I'm just jealous because i'm bf-less tonight. Just me in the bed tonight :(
Does mean I get the whole king size bed to myself though :)

To be fair Gwyn does have less of you to hold onto these days!!!
I'm just jealous because i'm bf-less tonight. Just me in the bed tonight :(
Does mean I get the whole king size bed to myself though :)

Aww bless ya :hug99:

But it IS nice to have the whole bed sometimes lol!

Loving the apprentice...!

Morning Dinky Dawn. Very naughty girl for not eating enough breakfast :whoopass:
These red alerts seem to be happening more and more at the mo. I don'y know how you cope - and no computers! Grrrrr. What happens then? Is is down to good old fashioned pen & paper?

Enjoy puppy class tomorrow, should be fun!

Pommette said:
Morning Dinky Dawn. Very naughty girl for not eating enough breakfast :whoopass:
These red alerts seem to be happening more and more at the mo. I don'y know how you cope - and no computers! Grrrrr. What happens then? Is is down to good old fashioned pen & paper?

I really love taking Suki to puppy training! She's got so much more confidence around other dogs now, and she adores playing with the other pups! She's the oldest one there but definately the smallest (and prettiest!) bless her x

Enjoy puppy class tomorrow, should be fun!

Yup...no computer equals pen and paper, raiding filing cabinets for bookings...and the need for a very good memory as to which patients are where!

I love taking Suki to puppy training, and she's become much more confident around other dogs since we've been going. She adores playing with the other pups there. She's actually the oldest one there but by far the smallest, and the prettiest lol!

Hannah:) said:
Evening Dawn,

Hope tomorrow is much better at work for you - I forgot my lunch today and wanted KFC so had to stop myself from going to the shop for something sensible as KFC is next door - ended up eating a couple of office biscuits instead - then buying chocolate on the way home - then coming back and eating 3 pieces of toast smoothered in peanut butter and butter - that shall teach me NOT TO FORGET LUNCH!!!

Oh Hannah!

What are you like??? Next time I should just go to the KFC and be done with it lol!

Back