Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Morning Hun, so sorry to hear you still have no results from the surgery. Hopefully, if you press them this evening they will tell you what is going on. Xxx

Morning dawn, it's terrible not knowning, we going through similar at the moment my b-in-l is in hospital an they don't tell you anything think he's got to wait for all his info at his 4-6 weeks post op appointment which is crap an will be right at Xmas :-(
Well done on only +1/2 I would say that's maintaining :)
Take care xx

Morning Dawn

How you feeling this morning? I hope you managed to get some sleep. I assume you're at work today. Hope it's not as bad as yesterday and that you get to see your Mum later tonight. I hope she slept comfortably and is as good as can be expected in herself. It's a good sign she was sitting up and moved wards.

Well done on only a teeny gain. I'd say that was maintaining and a good result given the week you've had.

Well done to your son too. What a credit he is to you.

Look after yourself and remember we are all only a phone call/ text/ message away from you. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think when you go this evening to see mum you need to ask when you can expect the results and ask why they seem to be so delayed. They might be growing cultures but at the very least you need to know why you are waiting. The staff must know how hard it is for you to know nothing.

With luck the surgeon will see your mum today and have a chat with her.

You are right to be proud of your son after all he is what you have made him.

Lots of love Dawn, I will pop in again in about an hour,

xxxxxxxx

:bighug: Dawn so sorry you are still waiting results. Talk to someone tonight and explain you can't wait that long with all thats happened :bighug:

Just popped into say a big :thankyou: for being there for me and helping me through the tough times of the last two weeks. i really appreciate it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Dawn ((((hugs))))

Everything so far is exactly what happened to my Mum ... so that's good. They like to have them sitting up in the chair next to the bed asap for physio.

The scars on the back are scary ... and very unattractive ... but like Mum told her consultant she won't be wearing a swimming cozzie anytime soon so that's OK ;)

I know it took a few days for Mum's results to come through ... like Sue says they'll be growing all sorts on the bit they've sliced out to make sure there's no nasties. Mum did have nasties but the surgeon managed to cut enough of the lung to get it all. I've got absolutely everything crossed that the same result will happen for you and your Mum xxx

Praying for good news today xx

Still popping in,

xxxxxxx

Well here I am again.

You will just about be leaving the hospital.................what news

Evening ladies xxx

So sorry I'm so late getting on...its been quite a busy day.

When I got to the ward, mum was sitting out in a chair, tucking into her tea. All her lines/canulas/catheters are out apart from the ones in her wrist, and she said she wasn't in much pain at all. In fact, every time the nurse came round with paracetamol and told her to take it, she hid one in her dressing gown cos she didn't want it! She's still using a nebulizer a few times a day but that's routine after the op she's had.

And then the surgeon and his team came round to say she could go home tomorrow and he wants to see her in clinic in 2 wks time as he will have the results by then.

So, really good news she can come tomorrow, even tho I've got to strip Andrews room, clean it and sort out all the new bedding lol! I've asked my brother to pick her up as I just have too much to do, but I'm so thrilled we're gettin her home and that she's going to stay with us for a few days. The kids are going to love it! And mum will be well spoilt while she's here!

I know I keep going on about how great you all are...but you ARE! So I feel totally justified lol! You lift my spirits when I'm at my absolute lowest and I don't think I could ever say thankyou enough. To know that you've been popping in checking up on mum (and me!) is just lovely x

I owe many of you a pm in response to your really thoughtful comments and I shall certainly do that over the weekend, when I'm not on nursing duty lol!

Take care everyone x I won't bore u with my food tonite as I haven't had much anyway! But I have just had a g&t, and I noticed that Gwyn has bought some fresh cream cakes and I may just have one with him when he comes back from the Saints (who lost btw :()

Lots of love xxx

Glad all is well for your Mum Dawn, she'll love having some TLC with you all. xxx

Thanks ladies x

It's great isn't it!!! Really looking forward to fussing over her lol!

And you know how I love organising stuff... and then re organising it! Ive got some new bedding and a lampshade (as Andrews are black!), and I need to wipe everything down as I don't really want her coughing because of the dust! And I think I'll send Gwyn out to get some flowers too. Ooh...and I'll get some chicken breasts out of the freezer and make a nice light tea xxx

So, mite not see much of u all tomorrow folks! But I'll be enjoying myself lol!

Have a fab weekend all xxx

Lots of love xxx

Good evening my lovely Dawn - sorry been awol all day, been playing in a bridge session.

I am so so please that you can have your mum home tomorrow. She will feel better getting away from the hospital and it's so much less of a strain on you not having to truck back and forth to see her.

Re little gain - that's deffo maintaining lass so well done.

Have a lovely weekend - I will be awol again as we are off to the apartment tomorrow until Sunday night. So my thoughts will be with you and your lovely mum. She has a lovely, thoughtful daughter! Oh and give Andrew a hug from me. He is a star!

Morning Dawn so pleased your mum is coming home an to such a lovely home which is exactly what she needs to get over her op. Enjoy your weekend, are you off work for a bit whilst mum is with you? Hope so you can relax a bit too then
Take care x :)

Back