Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

So sorry that you have had yet more bad news Dawn, I hope things look better soon and am glad that your mum is making a good recovery. xxxx

Hi Dawn, just a quickie to say well done on ur loss this week. Haven't yet had time to read up on the last couple of weeks but hope to over the weekend xxx

Well, we now know for certain that Dawn's Gorgeous Gwyn is delusional.

He's been deserting her for my quiz for several nights now, but
apparently he thinks I've got a mind.

Actually, he thinks I've got "an incredible mind".

That has, of course, been said before.
Not always in a good way...

What I'm not sure about is whether that's an advert for the quiz, or a discouragement!
I'm still happy to pass them on to anyone who wants one.
Think of "chairiddy", and give it a try.

Mornin dawn, thanks for dropping by my diary. I hope everything is ok your end xxxxxxxxxx

Evening Guys,

How annoying is that!

Just spent ages doing a catch up post and then lost the damn thing!

So...

The gist of things is that...

1, Shirley phoned from Norfolk tonight to say that her BIL Derek had sadly died this morning from the same lung cancer as Dad.
And my friend Frances phoned to say her MIL also died this morning.

2, Took mum home yesterday, at her insistance! She's pretty well, had her stitches out this afternoon, and get her results on Thursday

3, My phone has packed up, which is why I haven't been about much for a couple of days. I much prefer being able to use the mob to pop on here every time I've got a few minutes to spare rather than having to wait to get home to use the lappy. I'm lost without it tbh! The shop has given me a temporary replacement but it's not a smart phone, so I'm having a job keeping up with things x I'm really going to miss laying in bed reading thru here tonight x

4, I have a Herman!!! Sarah gave me him last night. He's a dollup of sourdough, who's going to grow up to be a sourdough friendship cake!

I have to talk to him and stir him with a wooden spoon, and keep him warm and covered with a tea towel. On days 4 & 9 I have to feed him with flour, sugar and milk, & then split him into 4. I then give the 3 new baby Hermans to friends so they can continue the process. And by this time, my Herman will be REALLY hungry so I have to feed him loads of yummy stuff like eggs, flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, raisins etc .... and COOK him!!!

So as you can see it's a very responsible job looking after him, and I'm very honoured to be trusted by the lovely but not nice Sarah! xx

5, I wore a SKIRT on Sunday!!!

6, I've had 2 NSV's this week! The first was on the coach to Thursford when the choir conductor commented on me looking so slim and asked if I'd had a gastric band fitted lol!!! :giggle:

And the second was today when I exchanged a pair of size 10 trousers for size 8!!! :bliss:

So folks, that's me up to date I think. As for my food...best not to go there :ashamed0005: ... well and truly off the wagon but started again today so I suppose I should post it...

Red
42g crunchy bran (B)
milk (A)

salmon salad
salad cream (2)
banana
tangerine

Chicken salad
salad cream (2)
garlic bread (5)
cheese (A)
strawberries and yoghurt (1)

options choc (2)
Alpen bar (1/2 B)

Total syns:- 12

Mite have another Alpen bar to make up the rest of the 2nd B...

Have a good evening all xxx

Sorry to hear about all your news today :(.
Life is so unfair.

But your plans for that sour dough sound yummy.

Hope you are bearing up ok. Big hugs.

Gail xxxx

P.S. I love the idea of Sarah's quiz but I just don't have the time :(. What's it for ?

Sent from my iPhone

I'm sorry about your first two bits of news, Dawn.
I'm sorry about the third too, but I already knew that.
And I hope you're looking after Herman properly. The fully-grown one tastes yummy! I might not manage to save you any, though, cos the gannets at work descended on it.
And 5 - I know you did. I saw. And commented.
And well done on both parts of 6.

Phew.

And Gail - it's for Genesis Research Trust again (as in my sig). For my Nepal trek.
I know you're possibly the busiest person in the world, so I won't sulk if you don't buy one.
But if you know anyone else who might be interested...

Thanks!

Sorry to hear about all your news today :(.
Life is so unfair.

But your plans for that sour dough sound yummy.

Hope you are bearing up ok. Big hugs.

Gail xxxx

P.S. I love the idea of Sarah's quiz but I just don't have the time :(. What's it for ?

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks Gail x

Not quite sure what to make of life this year :confused:

So many wonderful highs, and yet such devastating lows too...

I think all we can do is cherish & enjoy the good times, and just try to survive the bad.

Sarah's quiz is totally amazing...just ask Gwyn!!! I've lost count of the number of times I've been deserted for the blooming thing! :eek: I mean, what has that quiz got that I haven't got??? (Sarah and Steve...please keep your answers to yourself!!! :rolleyes:) It's nearly midnight, and Gorgeous Gwyn is tapping away on the PC in the study...happy as anything, bless him! I do think that he and Sarah have brains that think the same way! :D

Lots of love to you xxx

I'm sorry about your first two bits of news, Dawn.
I'm sorry about the third too, but I already knew that.
And I hope you're looking after Herman properly. The fully-grown one tastes yummy! I might not manage to save you any, though, cos the gannets at work descended on it.
And 5 - I know you did. I saw. And commented.
And well done on both parts of 6.

Phew.

Thanks Sarah x

Herman is FINE!!! Nice and warm, snuggled up with a tea towel, having been stirred and told what a handsome sour dough he is...ok? ;)

I wasn't expecting to get any of yours this week...but it smelt gorgeous last night and I'm sure it's really tasty :drool:

Right...

I think your next 'check up' call is due in about 8 hours (I'll give you 8 hours sleep...I'm not heartless you know!) so brace yourself for it...and another :slap: if you're not 100%

And make sure you leave a gap in your very important diary on Thursday for coffee...we definitely need to formulate a plan for Stevie babes arrival on Friday! ;)

Sorry to hear all your bad news, hope things start to get better for you soon. And at least you have herman to talk to when gwyn spends all his time trying to do Sarahs quiz lol xxxxxxxxxx

Sorry to hear all your bad news, hope things start to get better for you soon. And at least you have herman to talk to when gwyn spends all his time trying to do Sarahs quiz lol xxxxxxxxxx

Haha!!!

Only trouble is he doesn't talk back lol!!! :p

skinnydawn said:
Haha!!!

Best way sometimes ;) lol xx

skinnydawn said:
Haha!!!

When he does start to respond to your conversation, just let me know.
I can have the men in white coats there in no time. I hear St Andrew's is lovely at this time of year.

Hello Dawnie, sorry to hear the bad news. xx

Re: Herman. That really threw me.. I thought you were talking about a puppy at first and then it just got too weird!! Sounds fun. Happy Herman nuturing!

xx

Morning Dawn
OMG Herman has took me right back to being a child, my grandparents used to do a friendship cake thingy, it was always sat in a bowl in the corner with a tea towel over it and then they'd separate it and send it on, as i remember they always got a bit back as they lived in a small village haha think it went on for ages how funny :D

As for all your other news, so sorry to hear such sad news, its never an easy time, :sigh:
We will be glad to see the end of 2011 probably the worst year for us as a family too, so heres to 2012 and hopefully better times ahead :)
take care huni and have a good day xx

So sorry about your sad news Dawn, it's odd, this year has been a bad one for may people that I know, roll on 2012 I think.

Love hearing about Herman, I wonder if you'll be able to cook him after he's become a pet? :D

And size 8??!!! You are the same height as me, you'll disappear soon you know, keep eating! xxx

Back