Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Hope tomorrows appointment (and WI ?) goes well. I will be thinking of you.

I wish I was as organised as you - I need to take a leaf out of your book......!

Gail xxx

I'm up for it Steve!
I enjoyed playing Things with u and Sarah and Gwyn last nite! Even with all those awful euphemisms....
And even after Sarah and I practically had to carry u round the res this afternoon...I'm still raring to go for this very synful curry tonight! Xx

hi dawn sorry to hear u've had more sad news x re-herman i feel really bad now one of my friends had made the sour dough cake thingy she kept on asking me if i would like some( had my hand up behind my back lol) she was really insistent but i stuck to my guns and said no and thinking about it she probably wanted to give me some of the mix to start my own- eek, now i feel i've got to go round there again and have some :eek: to be honest i didn't like the sound of it :rolleyes: i hope ur having a good weekend xx

Hiya Chica
I'm back home. Thought I'd have loads to catch up on but . . . you've gone into hiding! Where are you?
Hope you are well and that the weekend with Steve is going well.

Morning guys x

Sorry about the self imposed exile...just had to give myself time to sort my head out x.

So let's get the bad stuff over an done with first.

It's been a very difficult week with both Gwyn and mum being diagnosed with cancer, and whilst we are still in shock, we are beginning to adjust and come to terms with things.

Gwyns is skin cancer, and we are seeing a surgeon on the 12th to find out how and when it will be removed. If its the type they think it is, there will be no need for further treatment as it doesn't spread to other parts of the body.

Mum has a form of cancer of the blood but we don't know exactly which one yet. It is slow growing, and she'll probably need chemotherapy and rt. Until we know the type of cancer, we don't really know the prognosis, but we are being positive because we have to. All mums worried about is the effect it might have on me and David as its come so close to losing dad...she even tried to apologise like it was her fault for getting cancer! She's just like dad...never even touched a cigarette let alone smoked one!

Anyway, I just wanted to put u in the picture as to why I haven't been about much x And we had to tell both sets of children first of course.

And now I'll quickly tell u that the weekend with Steve and Sarah has been amazing! I was going to do a proper post but it will have to wait till later as right now I need to reply to (yet another!) text from you know who and then jump in the shower, so catch you all later! Xxx

Im so sorry to hear about gwyn and your mum, i hope everything turns out ok for them xxxxxxxxxx

awwwwwww Dawn :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: So sorry to hear about Gwyn and your Mum. Have everything crossed for you sweetie. :D Gary's Aunty has just had a skin cancer removed. Sounds very similar. Glad the weekend with Steve and Sarah is going well :D :bighug: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning Dawn omg yet more bad news :-( you are such a brave lady :) and seem to be able to put a positve spin to life I really admire you Dawn.
big hugs to your gwyn an mum and I really hope things are sorted very soon. With you supporting an loving both so much they can't go wrong :)

We have my b in l's results on Tuesday so iam exactly feeling the same as you, it's a terrible time for any family. We are all close, like yours, so fingers crossed we have very positive outcomes for all in the new year

Take care Dawn you an your family are in my thoughts xxx

Dawn - I really don't know what else to say other than I am so sorry to hear about Gwyn and your mum.

Like Jackie said, we have a friend who had a skin cancer removed 15 years ago and it has never reappeared anywhere so let's hope this is the same type Gwyn has been diagnosed with.

All my love and ((( big hugs ))) coming your way. :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

You know I'm there for you whatever you need.
So is it ok if I skip the lovey-dovey, huggy, yukky stuff?

Thanks, mate!

Crikey Dawn - it's coming at you left, right and centre! I am so sorry to hear about Mum's results - I was so hopeful that she would get the all clear :( And now Gwyn! Goodness me! Thank god you've got a great support network of people who care and love you very much - otherwise I'd be straight on the train to Northampton for a big hug!

In my prayers xx

Hope you've had a lovely weekend. Did you girlies tire Steve out?! I mean the walking obviously hehe. Hope your Indian was tasty too. Any photos from the weekend?

Hope you having a nice day xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Penny!

Don't sink to Dawn's level please. I'm a shy northern type, I had my eyes well and truly opened this weekend. I mean I thought a double entendre was a drink!! - Dawn does trebles:eek:

It just all seemed so manic - flew past. These meets should be in good weather;)

I want to know why all SW meets end up off-plan lol

Edit: just had a text from Dawn - she's drinking wine, stollen cake and mince pies - off plan again and you know what? - she'll bloomin' lose or stay the same because I took her walking!

Where's the gratitude? - oh no, dog's abuse.

Back