Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Woo Woo! :talk017:

My other sis is here!!! :hug99:

I DO feel honoured lol! :worthy:

And I AM coming to see you!!! :clap:

And you ARE coming to stay with us!!! :grouphugg:

End of! It's all on my calendar! We'll sort the finer details out soon xxx :greenapple:

Evening ladies!

Well wi was a bit pants cos I managed to gain half a pound! Having said that, I'm expecting to gain more than that next week when I'm in sunny Bournemouth! We'll be having breakfast at the hotel but all our other meals will be out so goodness knows what we'll be having! Hopefully fish and chips one night! And a curry another!

I have had some rather nice SW news actually. I got an email from my consultant saying that I was my groups Biggest Loser for last year and that she'd entered me into a competition! I had to to fill out a form on the SW website and send some photos with it. I actually haven't got a cat in hells chance of going any further...even my consultant said that tonight when she told everyone! There are people who've lost double what I have. And they only want 10 people! But it was a lovely honour and I'm actually really proud of myself!

And this morning at the gym was just amazing! I can't believe how much I enjoyed it! Thanks for showing me around Sarah and working the machines for me! I did much better than I ever thought I could, especially on the running, and I can't wait to get back there. Have to admit to being a bit achy now mind you!

Anyway, must go and make a coffee now for Gwyn as he's just got back from table tennis.

And then I think I'll sort a matching pair of boots out for work tomorrow...:rolleyes:

Yeah... Two right ones...:8855::8855:

Well done on your achievement :) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.. And remember what they say... "no pain no gain" ;)

:argh: To the teen weeny gain :argh:

and

:happy096: to the Greatest Loser :happy096:

Did you get a sash?

skinnydawn said:
Evening ladies!

Well wi was a bit pants cos I managed to gain half a pound! Having said that, I'm expecting to gain more than that next week when I'm in sunny Bournemouth! We'll be having breakfast at the hotel but all our other meals will be out so goodness knows what we'll be having! Hopefully fish and chips one night! And a curry another!

I have had some rather nice SW news actually. I got an email from my consultant saying that I was my groups Biggest Loser for last year and that she'd entered me into a competition! I had to to fill out a form on the SW website and send some photos with it. I actually haven't got a cat in hells chance of going any further...even my consultant said that tonight when she told everyone! There are people who've lost double what I have. And they only want 10 people! But it was a lovely honour and I'm actually really proud of myself!

And this morning at the gym was just amazing! I can't believe how much I enjoyed it! Thanks for showing me around Sarah and working the machines for me! I did much better than I ever thought I could, especially on the running, and I can't wait to get back there. Have to admit to being a bit achy now mind you!

Anyway, must go and make a coffee now for Gwyn as he's just got back from table tennis.

And then I think I'll sort a matching pair of boots out for work tomorrow...:rolleyes:

Not long til sunny Bournemouth :) congratulations on biggest loser award, you should most definitely be very proud of your success.

How's your back? All healed nicely now?

Glad you enjoyed the gym and got that buzz. When you going next?

Hope you are having a nice weekend x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Dawn

Have a lovely break in the sunny south! I'm sure you will be jogging along the beach (is Suki going?) burning off those curries. Enjoy!

Po xxx

Have a lovely holiday Dawn xx

You have been quiet whilst I've been away.
Only about 4 pages for me to read! So I'm all caught up.

Well done on entering bigest loser. So what if other people have lost more? Your achievement has been fantastic too.

But what are you like taking 2 left boots to work? I had a good giggle at that!
And that tattoo! Definitely big but beautiful and yes back-to-front again! But I sussed it this time!

Have a lovely holiday in Bournemouth. I'd never been there until I worked in Poole about 14 years ago and I really got to like the place. I had a "penthouse" apartment on the top of the Haven at Sandbanks. Very posh - company were paying of course. I had views of Pool harbour from the lounge and Bournemouth from the kitchen.

dabhand said:
Yeah... Two right ones...:8855::8855:

Well done on your achievement :) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.. And remember what they say... "no pain no gain" ;)

Thanks Dabster!

Stupid boots! Don't think I'm ever going to live that one down lol x
My C Alicia is very confident we won't go any further lol! And I'm happy about that really! She said sometimes they contact you if theyre short of ideas for the magazine lol x

JackieN said:
1/2lb is just a wee :giggle: :bighug:

2 left shoes :giggle: what are you :8855:

Enjoy your break next week Dawnie xxxxxxxxx

ginlin said:
:argh: To the teen weeny gain :argh:

and

:happy096: to the Greatest Loser :happy096:

Did you get a sash?

Thanks Lynne x

Omg no! No sash thank goodness!!! :)

pjallen1982 said:
Not long til sunny Bournemouth :) congratulations on biggest loser award, you should most definitely be very proud of your success.

How's your back? All healed nicely now?

Glad you enjoyed the gym and got that buzz. When you going next?

Hope you are having a nice weekend x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Penny x

Yes my back's all healed again thank you and with Gwyns help I'm looking for a nice humming bird design or butterfly next x.

I'm actually taking my gym kit to Bournemouth as the hotel has a mini gym and a pool. Not promising I'll use the gym of course but at least I'll have the choice!

Having a lovely weekend thanks! Vicki and I went to karaoke last night and had a brilliant evening :) Matthew came up for the last half hour and he plucked up the courage to sing bless him. At first he had Barry singing with him as he was nervous, but once he got going, Barry left him to it and he was really good! I didn't even know he could sing! Then of course there was no stopping him and he went up to sing a few times.

This morning we got some housework done and then I began to pack for the holiday.

And tonight we had a lovely meal at gwyns friends house.

Right! Off to bed and I'll see you tomoronv x

Have a lovely, restful break with Gwyn. Spoil each other and forget Minis and all on here for 5 days. This should be you time, you and Gwyn,

lyl mumsie xxxxxx:D

Evening all x

Seems ages since I've been on here! It's just been a busy few days with one thing and another.

The meal at Ruth and Hedley's last night was absolutely delicious! Salmon and prawn salad starter, chicken casserole with a lovely potato dish and mange tout, and pear and orange crumble or raspberry mousse for dessert (or both!) And of course we had a cheese board to round the evening off, several bottles of wine, acorn liqueur and after dinner mints! Have to admit, not only was I completely stuffed, I was two sheets to the wind too! Slept well though lol!

Today we went to watch Saints play Sarries and it was absolutely scorching hot! I was wearing a strappy top as it was far too hot for my Saints t-shirt, and it wasn't till later on when someone pointed it out to me that I discovered I'd really caught the sun. Fancy getting a suntan in March lol! Hope it stays nice for while we're away :cross: Oh and while we were at the match, the lady sitting behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said how pretty my tattoo was! :D

Of course we watched the England match when we got home...and what a cracking match it was! Our Saints lads played well! :0clapper:

I'm about packed now, just a few toiletries etc to pack after I've showered and that's it. I thought I'd take some chocolate options with me to have in the evenings at the hotel, and also maybe pop a few bottles of wine in the suitcase too! :party0036:

I've also been looking at cars on the internet today as I'm thinking about getting something a little more economical. I adore my little pudge, and I definitely want another convertible, but I'm going to look for a 1.6 rather than the 2l I have now.

Don't think I'll post my food for today as I seem to have slipped into holiday mode already!

Thanks for all your nice holiday wishes x. I'm sure we'll have a good time. We've never been away for Gwyn's birthday before and I think he's looking forward to it :D

I'm sure I'll be about at some point during the week x Sorry I haven't got to any diaries recently...I keep trying and then something always comes up to stop me :(

Take care guys xxx

Oh and forgot to say............a massive, enormous well done on the Biggest Loser award............... you deserve it. You have stuck with it come what may and more importantly had the gumption to get straight back on it when you haven't. Unlike your extremely dumb mumsie !!!!

Safe journey and have the best time,

mumsie xxx

Sorry Dawn thought I'd posted earlier... anyway just wanted say have a great holiday relax and enjoy yourself :) hope the sun stays around for you take care xx

Hi Dawnie

Wow - didn't just go for a little flower then!!! Looks nice though. You look so skinny!

Am back from all my birthday celebrations and ready to shift some serious pounds!

Jane
Xx

Hope you're having a nice holibobs and that Gwyn has a lovely birthday!

Hi guys! :wavey:

We're back!

And we had the loveliest time :bliss:

The hotel was on the cliff over looking the sea, and our room was very nice. We ended up with a family room so we had an extra bedroom which was handy for dumping the suitcases in!

After unpacking and having a look around the hotel, we went for a wander along the road which lead down to the beach, and then into town just to get our bearings and to see if we could find some places to eat. Well, there were hundreds! It seemed every other shop was a restaurant or takeaway! Perfect lol! So we ended up with fish and chips at Harry Ramsdens which was very nice! And then back to the hotel for a Baileys and entertainment which was a chap singing.

On Tuesday, after a mahoosive brekkie of cereal and juice, full English and then loads of toast, we went for a walk along the prom and ended up walking miles! The weather was really good, a bit misty but fine, and then we went to an organ recital at the Pavillion. It was only an hour long but was very enjoyable. When we got back to the hotel, Gwyn went for a swim and I used the gym for an hour in preparation for our Indian meal that night lol! And the meal was totally amazing and easily the best Indian both Gwyn and I have had.

Wednesday was Gwyn's birthday :birthday: and we started with a visit to the Russell-Cotes Art Gallery and Museum, then a stroll around town, and then to the pier for a birthday cream tea! Yummy! And our evening meal was tapas ... first time for both of us and we totally loved it! I think we shared six dishes and two desserts, and a bottle of bleddy good wine! Actually, I have to admit to getting rather tipsy in the restaurant, and sending a rather suggestive text to Vicki which was meant for Gwyn who was sitting next to me lol! :sign0007: Omg! Don't think I'm ever going to live that one down! Trouble is, it's the third time I've done it! You'd think I'd learn wouldn't you??? I sent one to my old neighbour Gary a few years ago, telling him exactly what was in store for him when he got home...except of course it was supposed to have gone to Gwyn! And the best of it was, Gary was at work in a prison and wound me up by saying he'd told all the prisoners what I'd said and that he was on a promise lol! Oh, and I sent another one to my boss a couple of years ago lol! Good job they've all got a sense of humour and understanding wives! (Actually Gary's divorced now but that was NOTHING to do with ME lol!!!)

Anyway, I still went on to have my Baileys at the hotel when we got back and as a consequence felt ill all night and most of the following day! :9529: I sent Gwyn down for breakfast without me as I really couldn't face looking at the bacon and sausages :sign0137:, and then I joined him a bit later for toast!

Next on the agenda was a brisk walk all round the town, where I bought yet more woolly tights, and then we walked along the beach from Bournemouth pier to Poole beach. It was quite a walk but thoroughly enjoyable, and a pretty good hangover cure. Then we ended up on the pier again for more tea and cake! And our evening food was Italian...again a really lovely meal.

So now we're home, and I've got weighed...and I appear to have gained 9lbs in 5 days lol! Well, we did have KFC tonight, followed by a four tier choc/nut/cream birthday cake that the children made today as a surprise! So tomorrow I have to get back on it and shift some of this excess before Thursdays wi lol! I know I can lose a chunk of it if I really set my mind to it...but I'm still in holiday mode so it's not looking too good! :rolleyes:

Anyway, hope you guys have all been behaving yourselves while I've been very naughty!!!

Our hotel is on the left ...
image-362906101.jpg

The birthday boy on the pier...
image-4015833885.jpg

Gwyn and the offending (now empty) bottle of wine...!
image-3812931355.jpg

Our dessert after tapas...
image-1202545284.jpg

Gwyn blowing his candles out today!
image-3837894296.jpg

The little birthday cake the kids made earlier ...
image-1428675100.jpg

Last edited:
Yay. Fabulous time. Sounds great. Would love to see the texts !!!! :p

Welcome home. You know that 9 lb isn't really 9 lb though don't you ! By Sunday it'll be about 4 and you can do that in a week or two without any difficulty :)

Big hugs

Gail xxx

Sent from my iPhone

Back