Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

pjallen1982 said:
Are you behaving missus? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I sincerely hope not!

Seriously. It was when I worked for C&L and we were doing lots of work with Robert Horne (the paper merchant) implementing new systems for them.
I commuted almost daily for just over a year! Bleddy pain . . . and the warehouse (where I spent most of my time) was freezing. Used to look like the Michellin man in winter when I wore so many clothes to stop my teeth chattering!

Have a lovely day today chica. Enjoy your Easter Sunday with your family.

Thanks Bev x Hope you Easter was good too xxx

I'm amazed you were only a mile away from me! What a small world!

Hey Bestie,
Loved the Suki pics of fb, Hubbs is a tad worried about what he's let himself in for considering the 2 other 'monsters' we currently have.
2lbs is nothing, knowing you it'll be gone by next week and then some xxx

Thanks Bestie x

And you tell hubbs he's got nothing to worry about! You won't get a more loving and lovable puppy, I can promise you that! I think Alfie will give you both a new lease of life!

Are you behaving missus? X

I sincerely hope not!

Depends what you mean by behaving Penny, isn't that right Sis lol!!!

Actually I AM having a good day food wise. In fairness, I didn't actually get up until gone 11am, and by the time I'd showered and dressed it had gone 12! So I didn't bother with breakfast and had lunch instead lol! It's going to have to be SEx days all the way until Thursdays wi I think, and probably back to the gym in the mornings too!

But today has been lovely and lazy so I don't mind getting up really early again tomorrow.

Well I meant food behaving so glad to hear that you're back on plan today and always love SEx days :)

I'm really hungry today so feel like ive eaten lots although all on plan. Just put a potato in the oven so will have that in an hour or so. Unlike my bf who'll be having juicy quarter pounder burgers mmmm.

I have no doubt you'll be back in the gym tomorrow giving it all you have. That loss is yours this week honey. Remember to drink lots of water. You can do it :)

Well I meant food behaving so glad to hear that you're back on plan today and always love SEx days :)

I'm really hungry today so feel like ive eaten lots although all on plan. Just put a potato in the oven so will have that in an hour or so. Unlike my bf who'll be having juicy quarter pounder burgers mmmm.

I have no doubt you'll be back in the gym tomorrow giving it all you have. That loss is yours this week honey. Remember to drink lots of water. You can do it :)

Thanks Penny x

I just really need to pull my finger out and get on with the job in hand! It's so silly to be just a couple of pounds away and yet keep messing about! I HAVE to avoid another gain on Thursday as we're out with friends in the evening to the All You Can Eat Buffet again afterwards! :rolleyes:

Good tip about the water actually...I only seem to drink a lot when I go to the gym. The last few days that I've spent at home, I've hardly drunk at all so thanks for the reminder x

Enjoy your spud! Not sure what I'm having but it will quite possibly involve a lot of salad lol!!!

Oig theres so much positivity and getting back on plan flying around I love it, must remember the water drinking as well :D

Thanks Penny x

I just really need to pull my finger out and get on with the job in hand! It's so silly to be just a couple of pounds away and yet keep messing about! I HAVE to avoid another gain on Thursday as we're out with friends in the evening to the All You Can Eat Buffet again afterwards! :rolleyes:

Good tip about the water actually...I only seem to drink a lot when I go to the gym. The last few days that I've spent at home, I've hardly drunk at all so thanks for the reminder x

Enjoy your spud! Not sure what I'm having but it will quite possibly involve a lot of salad lol!!!

You know you have the ability so just take the next three days as you did last year. Go to the gym, drink lots of fluids but perhaps ease of the diet coke, eat well making sure you have your hex's and syns, and allow yourself to rest too so that you're not stressed. I have watched ridiculous amounts of biggest loser this weekend and they often say that when you're stressing about something, like losing weight, your body holds on to the weight - so try relax and hopefully you'll get that weight off this week. If you don't, well you're still an inspiration to us all.

xxx

Oig theres so much positivity and getting back on plan flying around I love it, must remember the water drinking as well :D

Thanks Emma x It's great to have almost survived the day completely on plan lol! I'm really going to try hard this week...feeling very motivated now, thanks to you guys xxx

You know you have the ability so just take the next three days as you did last year. Go to the gym, drink lots of fluids but perhaps ease of the diet coke, eat well making sure you have your hex's and syns, and allow yourself to rest too so that you're not stressed. I have watched ridiculous amounts of biggest loser this weekend and they often say that when you're stressing about something, like losing weight, your body holds on to the weight - so try relax and hopefully you'll get that weight off this week. If you don't, well you're still an inspiration to us all.

xxx

Thank you so much Penny x

I don't usually worry about it but I'm starting to get frustrated with these last 3lbs! I can see why people give up when they're so close, but I'm not going to!!!

********************************************************************************************************

So I have had the laziest bank holiday ever! Actually I've only had half the day as the morning was spent in bed!

And all I've really done is shower and play on my phone or on my laptop! I'm hooked on the new drawing app ... drawfree / drawsome so Ive been playing that with Sis, Bestie, and some other friends.

And I've been flicking through some clothes websites but I didn't order anything as I'm skint!

I'm going to try for an early night tonight but it never normally works out! I just can't settle before 1 or 2am, and last night it was 4am so I'm getting worse lol!

Todays Food SEx Day
;)

tinned toms
mushrooms
2 x eggs
ketchup (2)
sw roulade (1/2)
yoghurt (1/2)

turkey salad
salad cream (2)
beetroot
sw roulade (1/2)
wine (6)

milky coffee (A1)
hi fi bar (B1)

Total syns 11 1/2
No exercise today!
:mad:

P.S. Forgot to say Gail has text again today and should hopefully arrive home at some point tomorrow. She's had an amazing holiday and is coming home nice and refreshed, although unfortunately she's got a bit of a tummy bug :sigh: Can't wait to see her again next month! :bliss:​

Last edited:
Emmaline said:
That's the same as myself Dawn. Even when I do go to bed early if I am feeling really tired I am usually up again by 1am. At least I don't have to worry about having to get up for work the next morning!

Hi emmaline x

I often see you around the message boards during the early hours! I guess some of us are just meant to be night owls!

My early night has gone out of the window as u can see lol! It's going to be a struggle to get up at 6 tomorrow for the gym...

Eek what you doing up? get to bed! Hopefully once you get back to the gym you'll be falling asleep easier at night time xx

skinnydawn said:
It's going to be a struggle to get up at 6 tomorrow for the gym...

This may be a stupid question, but...

I know that, when you've got to go to work afterwards, you need to be in the gym absolutely first thing.

Bu when you haven't, why the heck do you have to get up at 6 to go?

It's open all day.
You never get to sleep till late.
Why don't you go to the gym a bit later???

Good point Sarah. How on earth do you manage it if you haven't got to go to work??

I could never get up just to go to the gym it would kill me, although Im guessing its quiet at that time in the morning?x

shenzi said:
Eek what you doing up? get to bed! Hopefully once you get back to the gym you'll be falling asleep easier at night time xx

JimofTroy said:
This may be a stupid question, but...

I know that, when you've got to go to work afterwards, you need to be in the gym absolutely first thing.

Bu when you haven't, why the heck do you have to get up at 6 to go?

It's open all day.
You never get to sleep till late.
Why don't you go to the gym a bit later???

Emma I just can't ever get to sleep in the evenings...always had problems but it's been a lot worse for the last few months...maybe 4 or 5 years actually.

And Sis, I just like being the first person in there! And of course it's easy to park if I get there early. I know it would make sense to go later but for some reason it doesn't seem right to me lol!!! X

To be fair i don't sleep well either never have done, hope you manage to drop off soon xx

Well I did nod off about 2ish so not too bad. And i made it here for 7...I'm just warming down on the bike.

I've run 2.5k, rowed 3k, done a circuit on the weights and will have done 5k on the bike before I finish. I mite use the weights again before I go. I'm the only fool in here now lol!

image-462056922.jpg

image-3530846079.jpg

image-2447934858.jpg

image-3423953574.jpg

No other plans other than to STAY ON PLAN!!! ;)

Have a good day xxx

have a good day bestie (oh did you like the drawing bella sent you on drae something? :rolleyes: Little sod!

Yes...you say thank you to Bella for me! That was quite a work of art lol!

Evening all xxx :wavey:

Really chuffed that I made it to the gym this morning and really enjoyed the 2 hours I spent in there lol! :faint2:

On the way home I called into Asda to pick up a load more fresh fruit and veg and then had my nails done again. When she asked what colours I wanted to paint them, I had a brainwave (or was it a brain storm???) and chose black, green & gold...the Saints colours! ;)

nails saints.jpg

After lunch Gwyn and I took Suki up to the local garden centre where she was the centre of attention lol! Everyone came up to us saying how pretty she was, and of course Suki loved all the attention! We bought some gro bags for Gwyns tomatoes, so he drove the car back and I walked Suki...well we ran actually! :chores016:

And then the absolute highlight of my day was the one and a half hour phone call I got from my other Sis Gail!!! :bliss::bliss::bliss:She filled me in on her wonderful holiday :character00180: and I filled her in on...well not much lol! And somehow or other, and I'm not quite sure how it happened :confused:, but I agreed to do a 5k Park Run with her when I go to stay with her next month!!! :eek: Bit worrying really as the furthest I can run atm is only 2.5k, and that's on the treadmill! :whacky068: I tried to tell Gail that I'm really rubbish at running but she wouldn't have it so it looks like I'm doing it!!! :d'oh:

Food has been good I'm pleased to say, possibly haven't eaten enough but for some reason I'm feeling fat :confused:

SEx day

porridge (B1)
milk (1/2 A1)

grapes
carrots

turkey salad
boiled egg
salad cream (2)
strawberries & yoghurt (1/2)

milky coffee (rest of A1)
hi fi bar (B2)

Total syns 2 1/2
Exercise 2.5k treadmill
3k row
10k bike
1 x circuit weights

Loving the nails! You'll be pleased to know you've inspired me to get off my backside and do some bodymagic thank you xx

shenzi said:
Loving the nails! You'll be pleased to know you've inspired me to get off my backside and do some bodymagic thank you xx

Hi Emma x

From what I just read on your diary, and I'm still wiping away the tears of laughter now, you were soon on your backside again lol!!!

But seriously, well done on going out hunni x. I know it's a big deal for u so good for you! Xxx

Back