Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Well done bestie - 6 stones woooooooooooooooooooow!
I've been looking at getting one of those vibration thingies at home, prob not as powerful as that one though x

Well done on the loss.

Hope the aches and pains have eased a bit.

Have a good time tonight :)

6 stone shiny Woohoo! Hope the painkillers have set in!xx

Hi guys x :D

Well I'm still alive...just! :rolleyes:

Still in pain, mainly abdominal, but at least I'm upright lol! I can't believe that a machine can exercise you to that extent in just a few minutes! I'm going to take sis Sarahs advice and limit myself to 2 sessions a week, and do a normal session once a week.

As a consequence, I haven't done much today, just a bit of housework, and I've been trawling the internet for a gym to join when I have to leave the hospital one on July 1st due to the take over. There are a couple that stand out for me ao nearer the time I shall go and have a look and see what I think.

I'm looking forward to my meal out with sis Sarah tonight...I've only had tomatoes and mushrooms on toast today so I'm starving! :drool: Haven't got a clue what to wear so I'd better go and have a look in the wardrobe now.

See you later :wavey: xxx

Oh no Dawn, what a workout if you in that much pain. Would definately have a few days rest let them muscles recover. Enjoy your meal out xx

Fantastic WI result :) I'm delighted for you. Hope you're feeling better now and the meal was delicious *drool*.

Speak soon sis.

Gail x

Hi ladies and Sarah ;)

Lovely night, totally stuffed!

Sarah I can't believe u came on your bike!

S84.jpg
Woo Hoo - well done chica - and only 1.5 lbs from final target!!!

Hope you are feeling better after that workout. Sounds a bit vicious to me.

Did you wear some of the new clothes tonight that you'd just put away ???? :)

Pommette said:
Woo Hoo - well done chica - and only 1.5 lbs from final target!!!

Hope you are feeling better after that workout. Sounds a bit vicious to me.

Did you wear some of the new clothes tonight that you'd just put away ???? :)

Hi auntie Bev x

Thank you!!! And I'm feeling much better now thanks!

I actually didn't wear the new clothes. Believe it or not, I wore a top I bought from a charity shop a couple of weeks ago! But it was new to me lol! X

I actually didn't wear the new clothes. Believe it or not, I wore a top I bought from a charity shop a couple of weeks ago! But it was new to me lol! X
I love charity shops!!! There are always some great bargains to be had.
I bought my last pair of jeans from one. Brand spanking new dark grey denims for €1 !!!

Lol! I love them Bev!

I try to pop in a couple of times a month to see what they've got. I often pick up little denim skirts for a couple of pounds, and of course they've always got boots in lol!

I'm addicted to clothes shopping full stop now! But I never pay full price for anything if I can help it! I get quite a lot from on line sales too. Xx

This boot addiction of yours seems to be gettingout of hand. How many pairs have you got now?

I have to say, I've never been a shop-aholic when it comes to clothes but I'm now far more aware of what I wear than I used to be.
I used to just wear jeans and a big sloppy top in dark colours. I still wear the jeans :D but I've bought or acquired so many new tops recently that are bright colors and that fit that I'm even scaring myself.

The "acquired" tops were all stolen out of mum's wardrobe in the spare bedroom. :eek: I found about 5 or 6 brand new (still with labels on) t-shirty things from M&S that were all size 14. Gawd knows how old they must be because the last time she took a size 14 must be at least 20 years ago. Unless she was anticipating her weight loss!!! But with boobs at about 46FF at the mo I don't think she'll ever get into them. So they just fell into my suitcase when I was there at Christmas! I reckon they must be old as she's seen me wearing most of them and didn't recognise them or say a word!

Last edited:
This boot addiction of yours seems to be gettingout of hand. How many pairs have you got now?

Well Auntie Bev...just had a count...and there appears to be 18 pairs of boots and 26 pairs of shoes...I really don't know where they all come from...:whistle:

Definitely clothes shopping gets more exciting as you get smaller! I must admit I had the oposite problem the other day and had to buy some bigger trousers, had trown out my last set of workwear trousers anticipating weight loss then had a bit of a backlash - I only bought I pair in the larger size though as hopefully a couple of weeks till I really don't need them!

I wouldn't worry about it Hannah x You've had a bit of a time of it recently but now you're feeling more positive, you'll soon be looking for those smaller sizes again xx :greenapple:

*********************************************************************************************************

Hi there ladies x

Hello to Sis Sarah too!!!

Sorry I've been a bit rubbish on here! Had a nice weekend and haven't really had the time to get on.

As you know, Sarah and I went for a meal n Friday night. It was the restaurant we've been to before and we always enjoy the food there. There's so much variety as it's a buffet, and we both totally over indulged!

On the way home I decided to call into the pub that Vicki and I usually go to as I wanted to see my friends Anna, Ollie and Barry. The place was quite a lot busier than normal as there was an Elvis impersonator on instead of the usual karaoke.
:party0023: Anna was walking ok, despite spending several hours in casualty earlier in the week after one of her horses trod on her foot, and Ollie was recovering from cutting his head where he tried to crack open an Easter egg on it! Don't ask! :rolleyes: Anyway, I spent about an hour chatting to them over a couple of diet cokes :party0027:

Yesterday Gwyn and I went to watch the Saints play Leicester which was a complete let down :sigh: We were absolutely rubbish! One of the worst games I've ever seen us play :mad: I was tempted to console myself with yet another meal out / takeaway but I managed to resist ... mainly because I'm 5lbs up since I weighed on Thursday night lol! :ashamed0005: So I HAVE to be good ALL week AGAIN!!! :rolleyes:

And today I've done a bit of housework, a lot of tidying, some cooking, and finally I've got a bit of time to come on here :) Vicki and Matthew have just come back from the Isle of Wight having had a great time so no doubt I shall hear all about that in a minute!

And I've just registered to do a Park Run with the gorgeous Gail next month when I go to stay with her! :help2:

Time to post my food and visit some diaries!

SEx Day

porridge (B1)
milk (1/2 A1)
banana

gammon salad
beetroot
salad cream (2)
mango / grapes / yoghurt (1)

satsuma
grapes

Supper will be ...
milky coffee (rest of A1)
2 x toast (B2)
butter (2)
marmite

Syns - 5

Yay to the park run - you'll love it ! There's a new one started round the corner from me too so might try that one out if I get a chance before you come - then can choose the easiest one (or the hardest) depending on your preference !

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

gl12282 said:
Yay to the park run - you'll love it ! There's a new one started round the corner from me too so might try that one out if I get a chance before you come - then can choose the easiest one (or the hardest) depending on your preference !

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Erm...easiest sis, most definitely the easiest!!

Struggled this morning with the running :( I'm still aching a bit from the vibro plate, and then within a minute or two of starting to run I got a stitch. Thought I cud just run it off but by 3k I'd had enough so I walked the next k which actually cured the stitch, and so then I ran the last k. I still did the whole 5k, and in exactly 35 mins as I walk fast! But then I got some bad cramps and had to run off to the loo! Anyway, I'm feeling a lot better now, managed to row 2k, do a circuit of the weights and then finish off with 6k on the bike :)

I'm disappointed I couldnt run that stitch off though. It's the first time I've had it...do you think I just didn't warm up enough, or maybe it's to do with my stomach upset? I've got no idea what causes it.

Anyway, have a great day sis xxx One day nearer to putting up with me...! :) xxx

Your boot/shoe addiction is about as bad as mine at my worst! I had about 50 pairs of shoes at one point!!! Down to about 30 now :)

Get back on track and get that gain off chica. You know you can do it though by avoiding the blumin' restaurants.
Says she - who has recently had about 7 meals out.
Mind you I've had 5 angelic red days with hardly any carbs .
The red days have worked big time and I've lost 3¾ lbs ! Almost unheard of for me.
So I'm now back to just 1½ lbs (0.7 kg) over target.

I'm well pleased!

Don't know whether I can lose the 1½ lbs this week what with mum being here but I shall give it a bleddy good try!

hi all,Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i always says good morning because i get a new life and starts new journey.
as my experience,i want to share
A few months ago my wife thought it was necessary to talk about my weight problem. Off course I realized that I was overweight, thats step 1 I guess. but I never seemed to care to do anything about it, no one ever talked to me about it in the past.
As the loving husband that I am, I went to see a doctor. He told me that carrying all that extra fat around is just not healthy. Not that I didnt know all that but having a doctor checking me out and pointing me out the dangerous effects of being overweight, It did make me realize that I should do something about it.
The doctor told me about a diet program, the diet program from Pronokal, it seems that he was guiding some people who were on the program.
I have been going to this doctor for many years now and I thought: why not give it a try?
He told me that its not that easy, you cant just start with it. You have to be the right age and you need a doctor who checks if you are able to start the diet.
So I made a new appointment with him and he ran some tests on me, he explained me that your liver and kidneys have to work optimal because when you follow the diet, your body goes in a state of ketoses. Ketoses? Yes I never heard about that either..
It seems that after a period of eating very few carbon hydrates, you go into a state of ketoses. That means that your body is burning fat way faster than normal. I started worrying but he told me that ketoses comes with every protein diet.
After the doctor said that I was good to go, I got a prescription from him with some protein products on it. Yes.. you can only get the Pronokal proteins with a doctors prescription. And you have to visit the doctor on a regularly basis.
The products you have to take instead of a meal, dont taste that great, Ill be honest about that. But you do have a wide variety, so its not that you have to eat the same each day.
I have not been on the diet program that long but I did lose 20 pounds by now. So although Im far from my goal of losing 80 pounds, there is no stopping me now! Ill post my progress on the forum.

Back