Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Morning chica. You've gone very quiet. Hope you're ok.
I'm back to blighty tomorrow for 11 days so I won't be around for a while.
Look after yourself.

:wavey: hope you've had a lovely day, don't stay away too long! xx

Hi Dawnie
I hope you're ok. I haven't been on here much over the last week so just catching up.
Good for you going to karaoke on your own - sounds like you had a great night. I bet everyone was welling up when they sang the duet at the end!
Jx

Morning! X

Hi Dawn
Hope all is well missing your posts ;-)
Take carexx

Hey Mrs! busy busy again I take it! Hope everything is ok?x

Now I'm really worried. I've been awol for 12 days and there's no sign of you still.

She's alive - I saw her yesterday.
And fine.
Really busy, and going away this weekend, so don't be too alarmed if there still aren't any posts!

Thanks Sarah - had a quick look at her FB page too and she ain't posting on there either! Apart from Vicky's crash.

Hi ladies :)

Can't believe how long it's been since I've been on here!!!

Im sorry if I worried you x I'm absolutely fine...just struggling to find the time to fit everything in at the moment.

I'm currently in Manchester staying with my other sis, the gorgeous Gail!!! So far we've made chocolate cup cakes, lemon cup cakes, flap jacks, rocky road cookie dough brownies, gluten free chocolate brownies and cookies and cream cup cakes!!! Not for us of course, although a certain amount of testing has obviously taken place! They're for a childrens do we're going to tomorrow afternoon.

My drive here wasn't too bad ... Exactly 3 hours which was a little longer than I expected but then I spent quite a while at a stand still near Birmingham :(

Gail has made me so welcome...it's really a home from home...and we've had a lovely evening. A beautiful steak and sw chips and beans went down really well, as did the strawberries and chocolate brownie, and bottle of red ;).

image-4195043469.jpg

We spend ages just chatting and catching up, filling each other in on our gossip, and cooking cakes of course. Feeling a bit tipsy now actually lol! That's probably not too good considering we're running a 5k race together at 9am tomorrow! I'm quite nervous about it as I've only ever run that sort of distance in the gym, never outside, so I'm expecting to find it very hard. Gail says she'll look after me ... I just hope I don't show her up!

I don't have a lot of other news really. Vicki wrote her car off this week but no one was hurt so that's a relief. Oddly enough, only the day before the accident Matthew arranged to take finance out on a brand new Hyundai i10 on her behalf. The Hyundai garage said it would take around 2 weeks to obtain the car, but Matthew rang them after the accident and explained what had happened, and they managed to locate a car for them to collect on Sunday! I think that's wonderful service! And I'm so pleased as Vicki was quite frightened about driving again, but her excitement of getting a new car has over come her fear :) The two of them are in London overnight tonight as they're at the O2 arena for the Comedy Store...I'm sure they're having a great night.

Right, I'd better go as I have to get up fairly early tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well and when I get home I'll try to pop along to your diaries.

Lots of love to you all xxx

Good luck on your run today Im sure you will do just fine! Enjoy those cakes the brownie looks amazing!xx

Welcome back chica and good luck tomorrow. Give Gail a big hug from me will you.

Hi ladies :)

Thought I'd better let you know that Gail and I survived the 5k run! Well Gail could probably have gone round again but I think I was just about on my limit! We actually had to stop for a couple of minutes to help a little boy who was sitting on the floor crying as he had a stitch bless him. We ended up taking him to one of the race officials as he wanted to quit. But we got going again and I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed it! I'd certainly do it again. In fact we're going for a run this afternoon with Gails personal trainer as she needs to prepare for her 10k race next week :eek:

Yesterday afternoon we picked up one of Gails nieces, Ruth, and took her to a fundraising day, where we had a wonderful time! We also managed to consume numerous cakes, burger and chips etc :eek: There were lots of stalls to go on too, one of which was 'name the bunny', which happened to be a stuffed 5ft rabbit! So little Ruth asked me which name she should pick. Having been warned by Gail that Ruths mum would be mortified if she won it, I suggested Flopsy as it seemed so obvious, it couldn't possibly win.

But of course it did! You should have seen Ruths face! And the looks on passers by as we tried to cram Flopsy in the back seat of Gails golf! And of course Ruths parents faces when we got her home!

We spent the evening chilling out in front of the tv, with a huge indian curry and a bottle of wine :p

Right, I have to go search for a recipe on Pennys thread that we want to try out today so hope to catch you all later xxx

Last edited:
Well done chica - on completing your first run on the roads, Fantastic achievement.
Hope you gave Gail a hug from me.

Hey Dawn, sorry I've not been around recently - life is sooo hectic!!

Congratulations on completing the run, fantastic effort :) And I'm sure you needed all the cakes etc, so your bloods didn't go too low!!!

Hope you and Gail have had a lovely weekend xxxx

Back