Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Well done on the loss this week Dawn xxxx

And hope you are having a good day, you certainly deserve one :hug99:

Afternoon guys and thank you x

I feel like I've had a really productive day today :)

It started off a bit lazy with a cup of tea in bed and no proper plans for the day. Then I looked at the exercise machine that's standing in the middle of the bedroom, covered in clothes, and thought what a stupid waste it was! So I got up, hung up all the clothes, and got on the blooming thing! Now bearing in mind I haven't really done any exercise since June, it was always going to be a very painful and out of breath experience! So it wasn't much of a surprise when I found it hard work, but I still did 400 reps which I was very pleased with :) It made me feel like I used to months ago, after I'd been to the gym...gave me a buzz and motivated me for the rest of the day!

So after a quick shower, I made a couple of stews in the slow cooker, one low protein stew for Daniel and another for the rest of us. In ours I just threw in some diced beef, carrots, potatoes, swede, onion, leeks, mushrooms, herbs, 2 bay leaves and some oxo stock. Then I decided I'd have a very rare green day today so I also added some peas, lentils and baked beans! I'm upstairs at the moment and I can smell it...ooh it's gona be good lol! I'm just going to have a hexB (60g) of beef and fill up on all the veg. And I WONT have any dumplings!

Once the stews were on, I then decided to capitalise on the exercise thing and go for a walk. So I got my boots and coat on, pinned Suki down to get her harness and lead on (she hates having it put on but LOVES her walks once she's outside!) and set off!

Well walking with Suki is not like walking WITHOUT her! She just loves to zig zag so she doesn't miss anything. Every lamppost must be investigated in great detail, every hedge, every blade of grass, every car chased and every small child approached with a waggy tail and a great deal of enthusiasm!!! So in one hour we covered the grand total of........1.5 miles lol!!! Never mind, we both enjoyed ourselves and I'm sure it must've done SOME good SURELY! ;)

Now I'm having a nice afternoon having first watched Columbo and now Midsummer Murders. I have to get up early tomorrow to take Gwyn to the train station as he's taking his granddaughter to a drama school for an audition. In fact she has another on Wednesday so that'll be another train journey for Gwyn too, and then an overnight stay on Thursday night as she has an audition first thing Friday morning. So it's going to be a busy week for him.

Right, I think I know what food I'm having for the rest of the day so I'll put it on here now and update as necessary...

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday ladies xxx

Green day

No breakfast as I got up too late!

3 sesame ryvitas (B1)
75g Philly light (A1)
Pickled onion
Apple
Banana

Beef stew (B2)
Yoghurt (1)

Milky coffee (A2)
Kellogg's Special K chewy delight bar (4.5)

5.5 syns
2 A's + 2 B's
1.5 mile walk
400 reps sports rider

Last edited:
Afternoon guys and thank you x

I feel like I've had a really productive day today :)

It started off a bit lazy with a cup of tea in bed and no proper plans for the day. Then I looked at the exercise machine that's standing in the middle of the bedroom, covered in clothes, and thought what a stupid waste it was! So I got up, hung up all the clothes, and got on the blooming thing! Now bearing in mind I haven't really done any exercise since June, it was always going to be a very painful and out of breath experience! So it wasn't much of a surprise when I found it hard work, but I still did 400 reps which I was very pleased with :) It made me feel like I used to months ago, after I'd been to the gym...gave me a buzz and motivated me for the rest of the day!

So after a quick shower, I made a couple of stews in the slow cooker, one low protein stew for Daniel and another for the rest of us. In ours I just threw in some diced beef, carrots, potatoes, swede, onion, leeks, mushrooms, herbs, 2 bay leaves and some oxo stock. Then I decided I'd have a very rare green day today so I also added some peas, lentils and baked beans! I'm upstairs at the moment and I can smell it...ooh it's gona be good lol! I'm just going to have a hexB (60g) of beef and fill up on all the veg. And I WONT have any dumplings!

Once the stews were on, I then decided to capitalise on the exercise thing and go for a walk. So I got my boots and coat on, pinned Suki down to get her harness and lead on (she hates having it put on but LOVES her walks once she's outside!) and set off!

Well walking with Suki is not like walking WITHOUT her! She just loves to zig zag so she doesn't miss anything. Every lamppost must be investigated in great detail, every hedge, every blade of grass, every car chased and every small child approached with a waggy tail and a great deal of enthusiasm!!! So in one hour we covered the grand total of........1.5 miles lol!!! Never mind, we both enjoyed ourselves and I'm sure it must've done SOME good SURELY! ;)

Now I'm having a nice afternoon having first watched Columbo and now Midsummer Murders. I have to get up early tomorrow to take Gwyn to the train station as he's taking his granddaughter to a drama school for an audition. In fact she has another on Wednesday so that'll be another train journey for Gwyn too, and then an overnight stay on Thursday night as she has an audition first thing Friday morning. So it's going to be a busy week for him.

Right, I think I know what food I'm having for the rest of the day so I'll put it on here now and update as necessary...

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday ladies xxx

Green day

No breakfast as I got up too late!

3 sesame ryvitas (B1)
75g Philly light (A1)
Pickled onion
Apple
Banana

Beef stew (B2)
Yoghurt (1)

Milky coffee (A2)
Kellogg's Special K chewy delight bar (4.5)

5.5 syns
2 A's + 2 B's
1.5 mile walk
400 reps sports rider

What a fabulously productive day. Well done you! Hope the stew was yummy x

hiii, whats a sports rider? is it an exercise bike? xx
Yes it's a weird feeling being on it tbh! You sit on a big seat, lean forward a little and grab the handles. And u put your feet on the pedals. Then as u pull with your arms and push with your legs, the seat moves forwards. It reminds me a bit of riding on a horse carousel, only it's bloody hard work!

What a fabulously productive day. Well done you! Hope the stew was yummy x

Thanks Penny! I feel really good. I realise that exercise has been totally lacking in my life for the past 6 months and I need to do something about that.

And the stew was the best one I've ever made! :)

Attachments

• image-2170006194.jpg
    image-2170006194.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 13
  • image-1314052648.jpg
    image-1314052648.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 17
Nor had I until my ex husband asked if I'd store it for him while he renovates his house! Don't know when he'll want it back so I should make the most of it really!

Hi! Your doing a fantastic job! Don't live that far from you (milton Keynes) reading your posts and knowing how well your doing with everything going on around you is amazing! Keep it up! People like you keep people like me going :) x

Hi! Your doing a fantastic job! Don't live that far from you (milton Keynes) reading your posts and knowing how well your doing with everything going on around you is amazing! Keep it up! People like you keep people like me going :) x

Ooh thank you HLBGirlie! You're making me blush lol! And look how well YOU'RE doing too! A two stone loss in such a short time is fantastic!

I looked to see if you have a diary on here but couldn't find one :( It's quite a good idea to start one as it tends to keep u on the straight and narrow! I'm always so much better behaved when I'm posting on here regularly! ;) And you soon get people commenting on it which is really helpful too.

Yes I'm only down the road to you! I'm actually 5 minutes from junction 15 on the M1 :)

Ooh thank you HLBGirlie! You're making me blush lol! And look how well YOU'RE doing too! A two stone loss in such a short time is fantastic!

I looked to see if you have a diary on here but couldn't find one :( It's quite a good idea to start one as it tends to keep u on the straight and narrow! I'm always so much better behaved when I'm posting on here regularly! ;) And you soon get people commenting on it which is really helpful too.

Yes I'm only down the road to you! I'm actually 5 minutes from junction 15 on the M1 :)

i have done a diary but I might start another one because I didn't really know what I was doing first time round :) lol xxx

Excuse me a moment while I curl up in a corner...

I'm at the GYM!!!

well done for going to the gym :) x

arghhhhhhh look at you!!!! well done did u enjoy it?? xx

Well done you :) way to go!!

Thank you so much ladies for your support!

And yes, I did enjoy it!

My day started at 5.15am as I was giving Gwyn a lift to the train station. When I got back, I had another look at the gym website and before I knew what I was doing, I'd clicked on the button to book the induction for 9.30 am lol! Which was fine at first, but of course my old gym kit was never going to fit me (that's a lie actually...the socks and trainers did! ;)) so I had to find something else to wear. Took me an hour of trying on various combinations before settling on a pair of joggers and a t-shirt.

And then the nerves set in :(. I didn't think I'd be so bad, but I was in and out the bathroom all morning! Finally I just got in the car and went early. I met my instructor Leon, who put me at my ease straight away, and two men who were having their induction with me. Anyway Leon showed us all the equipment ... And then we had a go on our own! I used the treadmill, rowing machine and bike and basically couldn't feel my legs after that! I'd have liked to have tried some of the other equipment but I was seriously in danger of falling over and I still had to negotiate the stairs and then the walk back to the car! So I'll hopefully go back on Wednesday to have another go. It's quite a good system there... You have a personal pass code to get in and then you have assess to the whole gym, 24hrs a day! You also have assess to all the classes but that doesn't really appeal to me at the moment.

The rest of my day has been spent washing, tidying, hoovering etc. just having a quick sit down to post my food and then off to pick Gwyn up.

Hopefully I may be back on later but I'm sooooo tired I might actually fall asleep lol!

green day

porridge (B1)
milk (A1)

3 ryvitas (B2)
75g Philly light (A2)
apple
orange
yoghurt

tea will be the remains of yesterday's stew but there's no beef left in it. And I've made a ff jelly/yoghurt for dessert (1/2)

Supper will be a chewy bar (4 1/2) and an options hot choc (2)

2 A's
2 B's
7 syns
1/2k run + 2 1/2k walk treadmill
3k row
2k bike

Last edited:
well done on going :D a 24 hour gym really appeals to me and i might change mine, but i do like the classes at mine... ooh decisions decisions :D
did they offer any support on giving you a programme or anything? xx

Yes they were lovely. Very friendly and really seemed to know what they were talking about. They do personal training ... I think Leon said it was £15...and they will work with you to make a program that suits u. Also, there's no contract tying you in for a certain amount of time. It's just a monthly direct debit which you can cancel at any time. There are LOADS of classes too and you can book yourself in online. I was very impressed. Have a look at their website as they have gyms all over the country xxx

yeah theres one being built in liverpool but its not going to be open til spring so will decide nearer the time, sorry for all the questions but is classes real people in a room? like a real instructor? just i know in another 24 gym in liverpool its just on a tv and i couldnt handle that xx

yeah theres one being built in liverpool but its not going to be open til spring so will decide nearer the time, sorry for all the questions but is classes real people in a room? like a real instructor? just i know in another 24 gym in liverpool its just on a tv and i couldnt handle that xx

Ask as many questions as you like!

Well Leon was taking a spinning class after he'd finished with us. When it's not on, you can still go in the room and do your own thing. But I think all the actual classes are instructor lead xxx

Back