Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Quick pic of today's lunch

image-400160143.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you've been busy too Dawn.
Love to watch X Factor but often give up as I can't stand all that noise of whistling and yelling that goes on...(must be getting old?! :D)

Lol! Not getting old Emmaline...you just have good taste! I must admit it annoys me too! But I'm loving Sharon Osborne being back on the show...she's FABULOUS!! Xx

Lol! Not getting old Emmaline...you just have good taste! I must admit it annoys me too! But I'm loving Sharon Osborne being back on the show...she's FABULOUS!! Xx
I hate all the screaming too. Why can't they just let them sing and/or talk. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Not sure about Mrs O yet. I'll wait for another couple of shows before I pass judgement.
That curry looks delish - I really must make a SW one soon. I usually cheat and buy my curry sauce using the lowest cal one I can find and syn it.

As you know, I'm off on hols tomorrow so probably won't get on here much. So see you in 10 days.
Stick to plan and good luck for WI

Have a wonderful time Bev x

Bit late on here today but then I've been really busy. We did some more sorting out in the shed and took three loads to the tip. Then popped in Halfords for a few bits. Back home in time to cook tea and then help Vicki tidy her room. Then at 8.30 we shot down B&Q to pick up some storage drawers for all the things her new hamsters need! Sat down about an hour ago with a coffee and a recording of Columbo. I LOVE days like this...feels really productive and I haven't had much time to think about food!!!

Looking forward to my regular walk with Still Slimming Suzy tomorrow. Our SW club buddy Mark is joining us again, and Gwyn is coming too. It's a lovely walk around a lake and we always have a mini SW picnic half way round.

Red day

Porridge (B1)
Ss milk (1/2 A1)
Banana
Golden syrup (3)

3 ryvitas (B2)
Philly light (2)
Salmon
Velvet crunch (4)
Yoghurt

Fish in breadcrumbs (6)
Salad
Salad cream (2)
Fruit and yoghurt

Milky coffee (rest of A1)

1 A
2 B's
17 syns ... Oops!

Evening guys. Oh dear...I seem to be getting later and later on here!

It's been a lovely day today. I got some tidying up and washing done and then sat down to decide what food I was going to cook for our picnic on our walk. I really enjoyed going through my recipe books and also looking online. I finally decided on savoury pancakes, breakfast muffins and carrot cakes (pics below) Sue made a shredded duck salad and a quiche, and Mark provided the drinks.
So obviously my afternoon was spent cooking! And then I fell asleep for an hour on the settee! All that cooking was hard work lol.
Our walk was absolutely lovely. The weather was super, the food delicious, and the company was wonderful. We didnt rush, and covered just under 5 k.

image-4227795845.jpg

image-864754416.jpg

image-3134748913.jpg

image-637929663.jpg

image-2391624079.jpg

image-1381809896.jpg

So today's food has been pretty good, and another red day

Porridge B1
Ss milk 1/2 A1
Golden syrup 3

Salmon omelette
Sweet chilli sauce 1
Nectarine

Savoury pancakes 1
Quiche
Shredded duck salad
Breakfast muffin
2 x carrot cakes 3

2 x carrot cakes 3
Grapes
Milky coffee rest of A1

1 A
1 B
11 syns
5k walk

Have a wonderful time Bev x

NOT having a great time - won't bore the rest of your readers on here but I've had a rant of my fred.

Your picnic food looks lovely - but I bet you were all totally stuffed after eating all that. Hopefully the walk will have got rid of some of it.

Sorry to hear that Bev - will pop to your diary to see what's happening... Hugs x

Hi Dawnie
That picnic looks amazing. I really want to get out walking more. My blumming hayfever has caused asthma :cry:but walking seems to be ok for me.
Sorry I haven't been around much - it's like a hospital at my house!
Jane xx

What's this? It looks gorgeous

Here's Still Slimming Suzy's method for making the quiche Bev x

"For the quiche. I fried off some vegies (pepper, onion, baby mushrooms, cellery.) Cracked in some eggs topped with a healthy cheese baked in the oven for half an hour."

Morning Dawn,

Food looks fab!

What did you stuff the savoury pancakes with?

Hi Lynn x

I stuffed the pancakes with quark which was mixed with 1/2 tsp Worcester sauce, 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce, 1tbsp sweet chilli sauce (2 syns) and some chopped garlic chives which we've got growing in the garden. But I imagine you could add all sorts of herbs to it. Oh and I lined my pancakes with ham cos I LOVE ham and cheese together! Xx

Sorry to hear that Bev - will pop to your diary to see what's happening... Hugs x

Hi Dawnie
That picnic looks amazing. I really want to get out walking more. My blumming hayfever has caused asthma :cry:but walking seems to be ok for me.
Sorry I haven't been around much - it's like a hospital at my house!
Jane xx

Thought I hadn't seen you for a while! Oh dear! I hope you're starting to feel a bit better xxx

Hi Lynn x

I stuffed the pancakes with quark which was mixed with 1/2 tsp Worcester sauce, 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce, 1tbsp sweet chilli sauce (2 syns) and some chopped garlic chives which we've got growing in the garden. But I imagine you could add all sorts of herbs to it. Oh and I lined my pancakes with ham cos I LOVE ham and cheese together! Xx

Nom, Nom!

Thanks x

Thanks girls x I'm not going to worry as I had a fab time and I certainly don't regret it lol! Just means I have to be extra good now!

I haven't got any other news really. I cooked a very nice meal from the curry heaven book yesterday and ended up making more tonight as everyone liked it so much! I made the sweet potato curry, aloo gobi, Bombay potatoes, lentil dahl, rice and an onion/tomato/cucumber relish. It was very tasty and went down a treat.

View attachment 79863

Today's food...green day

Porridge (B1)
Milk (A1)

Grapes

Sweet pot curry
Aloo gobi
Bombay potato
Lentil dahl
Rice
Onion relish
Mango chutney (4)

1 A and 1 B
4 syns

That looks amazing. My daughter loves Indian food and that could be a slimming winner for her. Where can I get the book as I don't go to class and it looks an awful lot to ask you to post the recipes.

Back