Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Afternoon chica - come out, come out, wherever you are!

When I posted "Come out" I also meant to post this. Doh
Happy Birthday 3 .png

Helloooooooooooo!!!!

Oh I'm so sorry I haven't been about! It's been a mad week! But a fun one!

Firstly, thank you all so much for your lovely birthday messages! I had some fab pressies including a Saints shirt, my season ticket, perfume, flowers, an Avon hamper, wine, and a food processor which I dropped hints about lol. And we went out for a meal which was totally off plan an may possibly have contributed to the 4lbs I put on the following night at WI!!!

And then of course the next day I was meeting up with my gorgeous 'sis' Gail in order to support her doing The Great North Run in Newcastle. We had a brilliant weekend and Gail did really well. She ran the entire 13 miles and when she crossed the line both me and her 'real' sister were in tears! It was so emotional and we were so proud of her! She raised over £1200 for two children's charities so well done Gail!

My food while I was away consisted mainly of fish, chips and mushy peas lol! Although I did have a MacDonalds one day! So my scales are saying I've put yet more on...no surprise there! I was a bit stressed on the morning I was due to leave Newcastle as my car wouldn't start! Had to wait an hour for the AA man who was very nice and thought at first it was a flat battery. But then he realised that the gear selector was showing neutral but the dashboard display was showing the car was in first gear! And the car can only start in neutral! So he spent a while jiggling it and messing about with it and suddenly it went into neutral and the car started! His advise to me was not to stop at all on the journey back to Northampton (4 hours) as there was a possibility that it might not start again! So I had to drive at 60mph all the way home in order to maximise my petrol and managed to get home with 8 miles left in the tank! And then I turned the engine off and back on and it was fine! I was so pleased to be home I can tell you! And Gwyn decided he'd take us out for a meal to celebrate ... Gammon, chips, sticky toffee waffle pudding and a HUGE glass of wine!

So I'm back on it now, again! And Suzanne, Mark and I went walking last night even though it was pouring with rain and we got pretty soaked. It's WI tomorrow so I imagine I may well be heading for another gain!

Today I have a hospital appointment later on so we probably won't do much this morning.

I hope everyone is ok here x Its nice to be back xxx

image-1555867758.jpg

image-2336066572.jpg

image-2559299093.jpg

Evening chica - well done on the loss. keep on moving downwards.
That burger looks delish . . . but on earth is NSL?

Well as far as I know, it doesn't actually stand for anything Bev. It's just the name of the private company I work for now. They have a finger in a lot of pies...car park security, buses, and now ambulance transport.

Happy Birthday Dawn...............you virgo, me libra !!!

Sound on full blast !!!

Happy Birthday to you - YouTube

Oh Mumsie that was so sweet lol! Xx

Well I survived the hospital appointment! Call me naive but I wasn't actually expecting to be examined today so it came as a bit of a shock but the nurse was lovely. Because of my family history of bowel cancer, she's advised I have a full colonoscopy even though she's relatively confident it's nothing to worry about. She thinks I may have diverticulitis or IBS but the only way to know for sure is to have the camera jobby. Mum has been experiencing some problems too so she's booked into the same clinic in November.

Had a good food day today. Goodness knows I need it after the weekend!

Red day

Porridge B2
Milk A1
Banana

2 L/McCartney sausages
Omelette
Yoghurt
Nectarine
Tom sauce 4

2 pork chops
Cauliflower cheese 4
Carrots
Green beans
Parsnips in honey 4
Sweet chilli sauce 3

Milky coffee A2
Hifi bar B2

2 A's & 2 B's
15 syns
1k walk with the girls

Hi Dawnie

Good to see you back. It sounds like you had a lovely time!

Well done to Gail - what a star! Sorry to hear about the car though, that must have been nerve-wrecking! I'm glad it's OK now though.

I hope the doc can find out what's causing your symptoms.

Good luck at WI. Xxx

Thanks Shrinki!

Wi was quite good really as I managed a STS which was strange considering all the naughty stuff I had in Newcastle. I'm a bit worried it'll show next week so I WAS going to try for a 100% week BUT...we're booked for a meal out on Saturday and then another one on Sunday! So I have a feeling that a gain will be on the cards for next week.

Today was very exciting as I had my group interview for Waitrose. It was really good fun and I met some lovely people. Nearly 1,000 people have applied for just 140 jobs! And only 500 of us were selected for the group interviews. They said we would review an email today to say if we were moving on to the next stage or not...and I am!!! I'm so pleased! So basically now I have to wait to hear if they have matched me to a job or not. I should know in 2 to 3 weeks so please keep your fingers crossed for me xxx

Well it's been a long day so I think I'll say night night and sweet dreams xxx

Morning chica.

Glad you anjoyed the weekend in Newcastle - but bummer about your car. has it doen it again?
Well done on the STS too and fingers crossed that you keep things to a minimum this week.

Re - NSL - think we may be at crossed prurposes. You posted this on your food diary a a couple of weeks ago and just couldn't work out waht the nsl was!
Mayo 2
Nsl
Bns chips

Hey Dawn

How is your weekend going?? I can relate to car troubles, mine wouldn't start a couple of weeks ago, it's temperamental... Hoping to get rid of it soon tho.

I am back to SW and determined to have a 100% week (well 6 days, Day 1 was sabotaged with wine!!) I will be looking to you for some inspiration!!!

God luck with your week :) xxx

Well done Dawn on getting to the Group interviews, and good luck for being selected x

Thank you Lynne x It's going to be a long couple of weeks!!!

Yay Dawn! I was just wondering about that today - so happy for you :)

Thank you my little Shrinki friend! I'm just waiting for an email now to say yes or no. The other thing is that if it's yes, they will tell me what position they want me to hold, and what days and hours they want me to do. So even if I get the job I've got to hope that the hours are ok! But I have to say I'm tempted to say I'll do ANYTHING in order to leave all the stresses from my current job behind.

Morning chica. Glad you anjoyed the weekend in Newcastle - but bummer about your car. has it doen it again? Well done on the STS too and fingers crossed that you keep things to a minimum this week. Re - NSL - think we may be at crossed prurposes. You posted this on your food diary a a couple of weeks ago and just couldn't work out waht the nsl was! Mayo 2 Nsl Bns chips

Hi Bev x

The car's been ok so far...touch wood! I'm hoping it was just a bit of a blip!

As for putting Nsl on my food diary...I have absolutely no idea what I meant to write!!! Must be my age lol xx

Hey Dawn How is your weekend going?? I can relate to car troubles, mine wouldn't start a couple of weeks ago, it's temperamental... Hoping to get rid of it soon tho. I am back to SW and determined to have a 100% week (well 6 days, Day 1 was sabotaged with wine!!) I will be looking to you for some inspiration!!! God luck with your week :) xxx

Well hello Mav! Great to see you! And well done on nearly 100% week! I've had a terrible week, hence my absence from my diary! Had nothing but meals out over the weekend and even though I was on plan yesterday and today I'm STILL showing a 4lb gain! So I'm kinda hoping I can come to YOU for inspiration lol xxx

So, here I am again after a VERY naughty weekend! I'm trying now, but as I'm on lates tomorrow and Thursday I'm not going to WI, and that usually means that I start to slacken off! I really need the discipline of a weekly WI as I have NONE of my own. It annoys me as when I'm on it, I'm REALLY on it.

Work was quite bearable today and so I'm feeling a little more relaxed tonight. Unfortunately I came home to find Gwyn wasn't feeling well ( flu symptoms) so I packed him off to bed. We have to be so careful that his chest doesn't become infected as it affects his asthma and copd. So I've caught up on a few jobs and will be off to bed shortly. Night night xxx

Green day

Porridge B1
Ss milk A1

Mug shot 1.5
Banana
Crisps 5
Apple
Yoghurt
Grapes
Alpen light 1/2 B2

Jp with cheese A2
Butter 4