Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Morning Dawn. Hope you have a good day today :) Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Evening Tiger-Lilly x it was the usual chaotic chaos lol! But finally we got a hire vehicle to replace one of the broken down ones so that was great ?

Evening chica. All I can say is I'm bleddy freezing!

Hahahahahahaha! Sorry Bev! I know I shouldn't laugh ... But it's hard not to lol ;)

I'm glad the car has been fixed and like you say, it could have been much worse... Jxx

Yes, thanks Jane. It had LOADS of faults! All to do with the computer but hopefully it's all fixed now :)

Quick post folks as it's been a busy day and I haven't been home long.

As I said earlier, Andrew kindly took me to the garage first thing to pick my car up and then I went straight to work. It was pretty much non stop all day but I didn't mind so much as I was looking forward to meeting Sarah for dinner.

Had a quick shower when I got home, and a 10 min chat with Gwyn while I got ready to go out. And then it was off to the Imperial Raj! Sarah was already there as she'd come straight from work and we soon set about demolishing some poppadoms. It was really lovely to catch up with Sarah after such a long time. And the meal was excellent too, although I felt a bit guilty as I was half way home before I remembered I hadn't left a tip! Oops!

Very tired so I think I'll be off to bed soon x

Only one breakdown...one of the legs fell off the ramp ... But the rest of the fleet managed to get through the day in one piece!

The highlight of my day was a lovely (1 hour) chat with Gorgeous Gail ? I always enjoy our natters, and both of us are getting VERY excited about my visit to her. We've more or less decided to try to stay on plan for the weekend which might be easier said than done!

My food has been good today and for the first time in ages I'm actually feeling almost confident about wi! Hope I don't regret saying that!!!

Red day

Porridge B
Milk A

Banana
Grapes
Apple
Yoghurt 1/2

Joes burger
Carrots
Green beans
Tinned toms
Wm roll B
Butter 2

1/2 stewed apple/currants/custard 10 syns?
Milky coffee A

2A's + 2B's
12 1/2 syns ?

Hi Dawn

Another one talking about curry :drool: :)

Food sounded nice and on track. You seem to be back in the groove.

I bet you can't wait to see Gail.

Have a good day xx

Hi Dawn Another one talking about curry :drool: :) Food sounded nice and on track. You seem to be back in the groove. I bet you can't wait to see Gail. Have a good day xx

Hi Jane x yes I'm getting VERY excited about seeing Gail!!! Yet ANOTHER hour long phone call tonight lol! Just love that girl so much!

So...

Good points about today...

Had a lovely chat with Gail
It's Friday tomorrow!
I've got 3 weeks off work after tomorrow!
I LOST 3.5lbs tonight!!!

So I'm back in the 10's FINALLY! Only just though...I'm 10st 12 1/2lbs which I'm well chuffed about :) I may be back up again by next week as we're away for a few days on Monday but for now I'm happy! In fact I've had a couple of nice comments this week so I think I'm getting somewhere now :)

Our SW c was a little upset tonight as she'd been told off for not conforming to and following head office guidelines! Apparently she's supposed to go round the class commenting on everyone's weight loss/gain but she's never really done this. She prefers to ask who's pleased with how they've done, or who's struggling or needs some help, which I think is a much better approach. There have been weeks when I've wanted to tell everyone what a great week I've had,,,and others when I've just wanted to hide and listen to everyone else! So I'm not sure that head office are right on this one.

So...

Good points about today...

Had a lovely chat with Gail
It's Friday tomorrow!
I've got 3 weeks off work after tomorrow!
I LOST 3.5lbs tonight!!!

So I'm back in the 10's FINALLY! Only just though...I'm 10st 12 1/2lbs which I'm well chuffed about :) I may be back up again by next week as we're away for a few days on Monday but for now I'm happy! In fact I've had a couple of nice comments this week so I think I'm getting somewhere now :)

Our SW c was a little upset tonight as she'd been told off for not conforming to and following head office guidelines! Apparently she's supposed to go round the class commenting on everyone's weight loss/gain but she's never really done this. She prefers to ask who's pleased with how they've done, or who's struggling or needs some help, which I think is a much better approach. There have been weeks when I've wanted to tell everyone what a great week I've had,,,and others when I've just wanted to hide and listen to everyone else! So I'm not sure that head office are right on this one.

Congratulations on getting into the 10's great job!
I agree that SW HQ could be missing the point with that one. I couldn't imagine being a consultant and having to talk to people about their gain infront of others. It would seem humiliating to them. And that is why I would not go to class. Not that it happened to me qhen I wwnt years ago but id that's what they are to do now then I'm happy staying right here!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Congrats on getting in to the 10s :D

Sorry your C got told off.. Shame as it sounds like she does a great job. Did someone complain do you think?

One more day at work and then three weeks off for you! Yay!!!! Any reply from Waitrose?

Love

Jane xxx

Well done on your fab loss, hard work pays off!

I agree with u about how image therapy is run. Sometimes I feel like people in our class don't really get much of a chance cos the same few get weighed first every week then talk for ages saying the same thing each week. I think people want to stay but get a bit fed up by their turn to speak.

Happy weekend :) xxx

Congratulations on getting into the 10's great job! I agree that SW HQ could be missing the point with that one. I couldn't imagine being a consultant and having to talk to people about their gain infront of others. It would seem humiliating to them. And that is why I would not go to class. Not that it happened to me qhen I wwnt years ago but id that's what they are to do now then I'm happy staying right here! Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Exactly my point! I worry that it will put some people off staying to class ... Or even stop people who've had a bad week from coming at all. And that's the very time you need group the most. Well we shall see what happens xxx

Congrats on getting in to the 10s :D Sorry your C got told off.. Shame as it sounds like she does a great job. Did someone complain do you think? One more day at work and then three weeks off for you! Yay!!!! Any reply from Waitrose? Love Jane xxx

I'm not sure how it came about but apparently HQ are going to be sending out managers to check on groups so maybe it's across the board. But my c was quite upset bless her. She's never really conformed to the typical SW way of doing things but that makes her group a bit different. And people know they're not going to me named and shamed.

I didn't get in at waitrose which was very disappointing but there's no point in dwelling on it. I'm looking into some different options now with the ambulance service I currently work for. I can't believe I've got three weeks off now lol!!!

Morning! Congrats on fab weight loss esp after your curry night :) only today to survive then little holiday to look forward to. :) X

Thanks Penny. I must admit I was really thrilled with the loss! Xx

Fab loss dawn. Try and keep it going. But enjoy your hols xxx :) Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Suzanne x Nice to see you back here xxx

Have a lovely time with Gail and a well earned 3 weeks off. Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks hunni x We're going to Wales first on Monday and then I'm going to Gail's on Friday. Excited muchly!!! :)

Well done on your fab loss, hard work pays off! I agree with u about how image therapy is run. Sometimes I feel like people in our class don't really get much of a chance cos the same few get weighed first every week then talk for ages saying the same thing each week. I think people want to stay but get a bit fed up by their turn to speak. Happy weekend :) xxx

Thanks Laura xx

Yes I can relate to that sometimes. We have a few in our group that seem to like the limelight a little too much!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Good afternoon ladies x

Sorry for my absence yesterday but I was quite busy.

I was asked to see my boss Melissa again yesterday. She said she was aware I wasn't happy in my Day Controller role and that I wanted to return to the road, and wanted to know the reasons behind it. So I explained how stressed I was, that the the radio and computer system was no where near capable of doing the job, and that I didn't feel that I was coping at all. She said she was surprised as she can hear everything that's going on in the control room and that she really thought I was doing a good job. She even said that she thought I thrived under pressure as I always seem to work at my best when we're really up against it. I said I was pleased that she felt that way but that I didn't see it like that. Anyway she explained that she didn't want to lose me from the office and that she wanted me to have a good think about what I really want. She said that as Day Controller, I would be getting an assistant to help me but that she wants just ONE day controller on each day. So that means doubling my work load by having to run Northampton and Kettering. Well I know I dont think I can cope with that even with help! So then she suggested that maybe I stay but do call taking rather than day control as it's not as stressful. Tbh I wasn't expecting her to say that so she caught me off guard and actually it's something I am considering. And of course the last option is to go back out driving the ambulances. Obviously this carries its own stresses but they're very different to those in the office and I feel much more manageable. Anyway, I came away feeling fairly positive that I do at least have options so the urgency to find another job has diminished somewhat :)

So last night Andrew and I went to a leaving do for Claire, who's going to work as a theatre porter at the hospital. She's a great girl and both Andrew and I get on really well with her and are sorry to see her go. I drove so Andrew could have a drink and so we went in my car. I did have a slight problem as I stubbed my toe earlier on a chest of drawers and was struggling to get any shoes on due to the pain! In the end I just had to grin and bear it till we got to the pub and then take my shoes off! There were about 12 of us that went which was a nice number and we had a very nice time. When it came to chucking out time, Andrew and I decided to go up the road to another pub to see our DJ friend Barry ( they're open after hours too). Well Claire decided that despite being totally hammered, she wanted to go too so as I've only got two seats in my car, another girl Sallie said she'd drop her off at the pub in her taxi. When we got there, there was no sign of Claire so Andrew and I got a drink, started talking to Barry and some of the others and waited for her.

And waited.

And waited.

After half an hour I phoned sallie to check that Claire had changed her mind and gone home and she said they'd dropped her off at the pub ages ago! Omg I nearly panicked! I asked Sallie to ring Claire to see where she was... And she was in the wrong pub! There are two on the caravan park and she'd gone to the wrong one lol! So Barry kindly offered to take Andrew to go and pick her up and they were back in ten minutes. Well we had the most amazing night! I can't remember the last time I laughed so much!

But the funniest part was yet to come...

Claire was far too drunk to put in a taxi to take home so we decided we'd squeeze her into my car sitting on Andrews lap! If you picture the scene... 19 stones of Andrew already squashed in the passenger seat of my Z4...and then trying to shoe horn another 11 stones of Claire on top of him... It was hilarious! I swear I very nearly wet myself! All I could hear was poor Andrew crying out in pain as Claire descended on him, and her moaning that she was going to have a bruise on her knee lol! But we did it! And she even managed not to spill a drop of the pint of lager she was still clutching!

As for today, I'm watching the England rugby match at the moment and then we're off to see the Saint play Gloucester. I'm planning on taking some paracetamol for my toe as it's gone from a pale blue/green to black overnight! We're planning to pick up a Chinese curry on the way home to share as we'll be cold and tired so I'm looking forward to that.

Right! Off to get ready. Hopefully catch you later :)

image-4052641484.jpg

image-3929601620.jpg

image-95025410.jpg

Hello lovely

I knew you didn't get the job but wondered if they'd responded to your email? X

Toe looks v painful. I hope it gets better soon.

Sounds like a fun night and a hilarious journey home!

You look so slim and fab-u-lous in the photo xx

How good is that having an optional work offer .. nothing like doing something you really enjoy is there?! Poor tootsy, looks real painful but at least it sounds like a whale of a time was had by all despite the injury.

Oh we certainly managed to have some fun lol!

Hello lovely I knew you didn't get the job but wondered if they'd responded to your email? X Toe looks v painful. I hope it gets better soon. Sounds like a fun night and a hilarious journey home! You look so slim and fab-u-lous in the photo xx

Oops! Sorry Jane! I did have another email from them with details of some part time jobs but they were only a few hours a day and definitely not enough for me :(

The toe is a little better but I managed to hit it with the garden gate this morning! What a twit!

Ooh thanks for the 'slim' comment! It's funny as even my boss said I seemed to have suddenly got thinner lol! But I measured my waist today and it's still two inches bigger than it was at my thinnest so a little way to go yet! I WILL get in those dresses lol xx

Had a nice lazy day today which has hopefully done my throbbing toe some good! Pottered about this morning doing washing and housework, and then cooked some lunch for Gwyn, Andrew, Daniel and myself.

This afternoon I packed my bag ready for Wales tomorrow, and then tonight I had another 2 hour chat with my 'sis' Gail. You know she keeps an alarm clock with her phone so that we ring off and ring back when the hour is up lol! Goodness knows what we find to chat about but there aren't any awkward silences!

Here's my toe...I think I prefer it this colour to the greeny blue it was on Friday ;)

image-1573398849.jpg

Today's food red day

Yoghurt 1/2

Bacon
L/McCartney sausages
Tinned toms
Onions
Egg
Tom sauce 4

Tub of cottage cheese 1
1/2 punnet of grapes
Milky coffee A

1 A
5 1/2 syns

Yay! We're in Monmouthshire! The Inn is lovely...lots of beams and a log burner...and I must confess to being rather tiddly! I may have accidentally shared a rather nice bottle of Shiraz with Gwyn...and devoured a delicious lamb shank with all the trimmings followed by banoffee pie!

Well I AM on holiday! Already not looking forward to wi on Thursday! Xx

Yay! We're in Monmouthshire! The Inn is lovely...lots of beams and a log burner...and I must confess to being rather tiddly! I may have accidentally shared a rather nice bottle of Shiraz with Gwyn...and devoured a delicious lamb shank with all the trimmings followed by banoffee pie!

Well I AM on holiday! Already not looking forward to wi on Thursday! Xx

Sounds like the perfect holiday to me!

Enjoy xxxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

All good so far Lynne! Don't actually remember writing that last post!!

Just had breakfast...totally stuffed...and now we're off to The Big Pit! Catch u later guys xxx

Back