Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Ah hope all's well Dawn & your chest injury has healed - wonder if your grandson has arrived - think he's due to make an appearance?

Last edited:
Get yourself on here and update those stats.
I need to know how much of a head start I'm giving you in this race!

Ok, I've got about 12lb more to lose than you. I'm happy to give you that as a head start.
Even though I know you lose fast (yes, you gain fast too!), and I'm more slow & steady.

Is it game on???

Good evening folks and apologies for being away so long!

Long story short (but not THAT short!), Vicki gave birth to my first grandson Sebastian (Sebby) on March 24th after 23 hours in labour. Due to complications she was unable to have the water birth she really wanted and had to remain on a monitor in the delivery suite, but her husband Matthew was a fabulous support. It was both the best and the worst experience for me, watching her in so much pain, but then seeing her finally cradling him in her arms was worth all the worry. Unfortunately Vicki was taken straight for urgent surgery afterwards, and it was obvious that the three of them would be needing support when she was discharged, so they came to us. Originally it was only going to be for a week or two but as Vicki was so ill, they ended up staying for two months. During that time, Sebby got re-admitted with jaundice but only had to stay in overnight thankfully.
Sebby had a few health issues and appeared to have a lactose intolerance but as he was still struggling with constipation he was referred to a paediatrician who prescribed a non dairy milk powder and since then he's gone from strength to strength!

Vicki however continued to suffer pain and discomfort and still isn't right, despite having seen a gynaecologist. Her whole experience in the hospital was actually bloody disgraceful and we've since discovered that it seems to be quite common. Anyway Vicki has an appointment booked with the Sister in charge of the maternity department next week and has also spoken to PALS. I don't feel it's my place to post details on here other than to say she was completely let down by the service. Thankfully we at least have a healthy baby!

And then of course we had ANOTHER beautiful grandson born on July 5th weighing a whopping 8lbs 14oz! His name is Harrison and he has so much HAIR! He definitely takes after my DIL Katie! Katie also had some issues with the hospital and was also sent for urgent surgery straight after the birth but she seems to be recovering a lot quicker thank goodness.

So I'm afraid SW went out the window while all of this was going on, and of course I'm working between 45 and 60 hours a week as we're so short staffed, which means I've put on over a stone. I've been toying with a number of different diets but can't really see anything that's as flexible as SW, apart from calorie counting. The thing is, I need a kick start, something to shift some weight quick so I can get my motivation back. With this in mind I've decided to do a combination of slim fast and SW, probably for only 2 or 3 weeks, just long enough for me to get my head into gear. So I'll do SF on work days when I'm more short of time and SW on my days off...or at least that's the plan! I may pack the SF up if I don't like it, but I did it for 4 work days last week and found it better that I thought it would be. I just hope the novelty doesn't wear off!

Anyway, must go as I'm at work for 7am! I hope to pop to some diaries in the next few days.

It's good to be back!

Sebby
image.jpeg

Harrison
image.jpeg

My two boys!
image.jpeg

Ok, I've got about 12lb more to lose than you. I'm happy to give you that as a head start.
Even though I know you lose fast (yes, you gain fast too!), and I'm more slow & steady.

Is it game on???

Game on! I want to be near target for Gwyns 80th birthday in March!

Game on! I want to be near target for Gwyns 80th birthday in March!

You'll beat me by miles, if you really get your head into gear with this.
Mine's coming off very slowly this time!

But I'm not tempted to move away from SW. It works for me.

So how about a curry for the one who gets there first, and a curry for the one who still has the best boobs at the end???
I reckon that'll be one each! :nananana::banana_dancer:

You'll beat me by miles, if you really get your head into gear with this.
Mine's coming off very slowly this time!

But I'm not tempted to move away from SW. It works for me.

So how about a curry for the one who gets there first, and a curry for the one who still has the best boobs at the end???
I reckon that'll be one each! :nananana::banana_dancer:

Hmmmn...I feel that last comment is somewhat presumptuous! Just because I had to enlist the services of two chicken fillets last time...! :rolleyes:

And I must admit to being just a teeny bit concerned as to how and who is going to be judging the boobage!!! :eek:

But yes, curry sounds perfect to me! :p

Congratulations Dawn on your beautiful grandchildren, they look adorable.

Very sorry to hear your daughter had such a horrendous time of it and still suffering...my heart goes out to her and I hope she will find help to fix the problems she’s having.

She is lucky to have a caring mum like you who was able to step in and help and at the same time hold down your own very demanding job...you are definitely a Supergran and obviously blessed with tons of energy. I’m in awe:worthy: I’m drained after about an hour playing with my granddaughter:classic_frown:.

Good luck with SW plus Slimfast...it makes a lot of sense when you are short on time.

Congratulations Dawn on your beautiful grandchildren, they look adorable.

Very sorry to hear your daughter had such a horrendous time of it and still suffering...my heart goes out to her and I hope she will find help to fix the problems she’s having.

She is lucky to have a caring mum like you who was able to step in and help and at the same time hold down your own very demanding job...you are definitely a Supergran and obviously blessed with tons of energy. I’m in awe:worthy: I’m drained after about an hour playing with my granddaughter:classic_frown:.

Good luck with SW plus Slimfast...it makes a lot of sense when you are short on time.

Thank you @Mini for your lovely reply. Super gran I most definitely am NOT, but like most mums/Nans I’ll always help them out when I can.

I’m loving this new role though! So looking forward to being the same sort of Nanny my Mum has been to my three...listening intently to my instructions from their parents and then doing exactly the opposite! :D I’m going to spoil them rotten! :D

So quick post again as currently at work in the back of an ambulance :)
Weighed myself and I’ve lost 5lbs so that’s quite a nice restart! :)

It's taken me 3 weeks to lose that much!
Hey ho.

I'm holding out for the "boobage" award

Do you want me to judge the boobage contest? ;)
I'm not really back on here just thought I'd pop in.
Sarah knows where to find me!
Good luck Dawn!

Bought some chicken fillets last night, and thought of you...
:D :D :D

Back