Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Dinner Ideas For Work !!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Debz1809, 8 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Debz1809

Debz1809 I ♥ SW!

Start Weight:
    21st9.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st9.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi :D does anyone have any good ideas of what I can make for my dinner at work. I am going onto back shifts tomorrow and I am always stuck with what to have. I am on Extra Easy. I do tend to stick to that but just bcos I am scared of tring the green or red days!!! :eek: xXx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. beccaharrison89

beccaharrison89 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    pasta salad
    pasta in sauce- bachelors
    scrambled egg
    homemade soup
    low fat supernoodles
    sandwich using bread as hexb

4. LizzyC86

LizzyC86 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.7%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro Points
    i like using savoury rice as a base and then add things to it..meat, fish, peppers, onions tomatoes etc

here are some of the other things that I have

Pitta bread (HEXB) filled with meat and salad
    pasta salad
    jacket pot with tuna and salad
    'picnic' celery, carrot sticks, seafood sticks, toms, cucumber, cottage cheese (basically things i can pick at)
    Leftovers (lazy option!)
    sw quiche and salad
    sw curry loaf and salad
    cracker breads with cottage cheese and toms
    homemade soup and hex of bread

just a few...i have to vary my dinners at work or i get bored, hope these will help

xxx

5. Debz1809

Debz1809 I ♥ SW!

Start Weight:
    21st9.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st9.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks!! I am the same. I get bored very easily :cry:
    I am not a great pasta lover :mad:
    I was going to make chicken breast fillets and potatoe wedges and take them in with me but not too sure if i should reheat the chicken bk up in the micro :confused:
    I hate cooking meals and having waste left over but I am not one for freezing meals. I am always scared that they are not nice when frozen and i get poisoned hehehehe :p xXx

6. HPSaucy

HPSaucy Will get there one day!

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8.5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13.5lb(16.87%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was going to post the same question!

It is so annoying cooking something nice and then having to reheat it at work, I do 3 Lates followed by 3 Earlies each week so constantly trying to think of new things.

A few favourites that I bulk cook and that also freeze well are chilli, sweet potato and spicy bean stew, lasagne, casserole.

Stuffed peppers heat quite well, I cook a pepper halved for about 10-15 mins, I then stuff it with Batchelours savoury rice (which I've cooked but leave more water than normal so it reheats better) and some feta cheese, I then put back in oven for another 10-15 mins until the feta is browner. Any rice that didn't fit in the pepper halves I put in Tupperware and then put stuffed peppers on top.. Lovely and quite quick to make.

I find pasta isn't brilliant to reheat, always looking for new ideas so anticipating replies to your post as well x

7. Debz1809

Debz1809 I ♥ SW!

Start Weight:
    21st9.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st9.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Stuffed Peppers sound lovely, i will maybe give that a go one day. I am on tomorrow at work for 7 straigh back shifts 4pm till 11pm and then off nxt wed and thurs, then its bk to work for 7 straight nightshifts :mad: it is hard going so need something that i can rustle up quickly!
    Do u think chicken will be alright het back up? xxx

8. HPSaucy

HPSaucy Will get there one day!

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8.5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13.5lb(16.87%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I always heat chicken back up, I think as long as it is heated up properly it should be ok, perhaps check the Food Standards website, it might say on there.

I wish we did a week of the same shifts, this week I've got Nights Fri/Sat 22.30-7.00am, back in on a Late 1630-1.00am, then a Late starting at 13.30 followed by two Earlies, one starting at 6.30 the next at 5.30.. My body doesn't know whether it's coming or going! X

9. ***Saskya***

***Saskya*** Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World (Green)
    Its so hard for shift workers to plan!! This weekend Im working two 13 hour shifts and I literally have to take a sack of food with me xx

10. lesley50

lesley50 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.4lb(4.96%)
    Diet:
    slimming world

Have the chicken cold ,cook a small jacket potato and have LOADS of salad , this is what i have ,i have 2 tbls of very low fat mayo with it ,mixed with a little fajita spice

11. Debz1809

Debz1809 I ♥ SW!

Start Weight:
    21st9.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st9.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    it is harder for shift workers. I am on back shift for 7 nights then got 2 days off and then 7 straight nightshifts. I am moving onto 12hr shifts at end of month!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.