Dinner Ideas For Work !!!!

Debz1809

I ♥ SW!
Hi :D does anyone have any good ideas of what I can make for my dinner at work. I am going onto back shifts tomorrow and I am always stuck with what to have. I am on Extra Easy. I do tend to stick to that but just bcos I am scared of tring the green or red days!!! :eek: xXx

i like using savoury rice as a base and then add things to it..meat, fish, peppers, onions tomatoes etc

here are some of the other things that I have

Pitta bread (HEXB) filled with meat and salad
pasta salad
jacket pot with tuna and salad
'picnic' celery, carrot sticks, seafood sticks, toms, cucumber, cottage cheese (basically things i can pick at)
Leftovers (lazy option!)
sw quiche and salad
sw curry loaf and salad
cracker breads with cottage cheese and toms
homemade soup and hex of bread

just a few...i have to vary my dinners at work or i get bored, hope these will help

xxx

Thanks!! I am the same. I get bored very easily :cry:
I am not a great pasta lover :mad:
I was going to make chicken breast fillets and potatoe wedges and take them in with me but not too sure if i should reheat the chicken bk up in the micro :confused:
I hate cooking meals and having waste left over but I am not one for freezing meals. I am always scared that they are not nice when frozen and i get poisoned hehehehe :p xXx

I was going to post the same question!

It is so annoying cooking something nice and then having to reheat it at work, I do 3 Lates followed by 3 Earlies each week so constantly trying to think of new things.

A few favourites that I bulk cook and that also freeze well are chilli, sweet potato and spicy bean stew, lasagne, casserole.

Stuffed peppers heat quite well, I cook a pepper halved for about 10-15 mins, I then stuff it with Batchelours savoury rice (which I've cooked but leave more water than normal so it reheats better) and some feta cheese, I then put back in oven for another 10-15 mins until the feta is browner. Any rice that didn't fit in the pepper halves I put in Tupperware and then put stuffed peppers on top.. Lovely and quite quick to make.

I find pasta isn't brilliant to reheat, always looking for new ideas so anticipating replies to your post as well x

I was going to post the same question!

It is so annoying cooking something nice and then having to reheat it at work, I do 3 Lates followed by 3 Earlies each week so constantly trying to think of new things.

A few favourites that I bulk cook and that also freeze well are chilli, sweet potato and spicy bean stew, lasagne, casserole.

Stuffed peppers heat quite well, I cook a pepper halved for about 10-15 mins, I then stuff it with Batchelours savoury rice (which I've cooked but leave more water than normal so it reheats better) and some feta cheese, I then put back in oven for another 10-15 mins until the feta is browner. Any rice that didn't fit in the pepper halves I put in Tupperware and then put stuffed peppers on top.. Lovely and quite quick to make.

I find pasta isn't brilliant to reheat, always looking for new ideas so anticipating replies to your post as well x

Stuffed Peppers sound lovely, i will maybe give that a go one day. I am on tomorrow at work for 7 straigh back shifts 4pm till 11pm and then off nxt wed and thurs, then its bk to work for 7 straight nightshifts :mad: it is hard going so need something that i can rustle up quickly!
Do u think chicken will be alright het back up? xxx

I always heat chicken back up, I think as long as it is heated up properly it should be ok, perhaps check the Food Standards website, it might say on there.

I wish we did a week of the same shifts, this week I've got Nights Fri/Sat 22.30-7.00am, back in on a Late 1630-1.00am, then a Late starting at 13.30 followed by two Earlies, one starting at 6.30 the next at 5.30.. My body doesn't know whether it's coming or going! X

Its so hard for shift workers to plan!! This weekend Im working two 13 hour shifts and I literally have to take a sack of food with me xx

Thanks!! I am the same. I get bored very easily :cry:
I am not a great pasta lover :mad:
I was going to make chicken breast fillets and potatoe wedges and take them in with me but not too sure if i should reheat the chicken bk up in the micro :confused:
I hate cooking meals and having waste left over but I am not one for freezing meals. I am always scared that they are not nice when frozen and i get poisoned hehehehe :p xXx

Have the chicken cold ,cook a small jacket potato and have LOADS of salad , this is what i have ,i have 2 tbls of very low fat mayo with it ,mixed with a little fajita spice

it is harder for shift workers. I am on back shift for 7 nights then got 2 days off and then 7 straight nightshifts. I am moving onto 12hr shifts at end of month!!

Back