dips and sauces

graciepadge

hi i have recently joind sw - my main problem is that i love dips and sauces. anyone got any tips on free mayo ect i like spicy sauces such as chilli mayo and salsa.
p.s i am wanting to lose a stone in 4 weeks before my holiday is it achievable

Hi

Youve posted this in the CD section, you would be better reposting in the SW section :)

http://www.minimins.com/sw-sizzling-summer-recipes/101921-syn-free-bbq-sauce.html

Mayonnaise
Mix the following ingredients:
1 egg yolk, 2 tbsp white wine vinegar, artificial sweetener to taste, salt/pepper & 2 tbsp very low fat natural fromage frais. Blend well and chill - the longer you leave it in the fridge the thicker & nicer it gets. Add chilli or garlic to flavour if you prefer. Or extra light mayo is very low in syns.

Sweet and Sour Sauce
Chop ½ red & ½ green pepper, few spring onions, beansprouts & 2 slices fresh pineapple. Mix in bowl. Spoon over 1 tbsp white wine vinegar & add artificial sweetener & seasoning to taste.
Stir in ½ pt/284 ml passata sauce & mix. Cover and chill.

Mexican Chilli Tomato
Can kidney beans + can sweetcorn. Add can of chopped tomatoes & garlic. Add 1 tbsp chives (doesn’t have to be fresh). Add pinch of chilli (more if you like it spicy) & season to taste. Cover and chill.

Tuna Salsa
Chop ½ red onion. Add 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp lemon rind (not necessary). Chop 8oz tomatoes (or add 8 oz chopped tomatoes) & add to onion with parsley. Drain can tuna & add. Season to taste. Cover & chill.
Ham & Pineapple Spread/Dip
Chop 4 oz ham. Chop white & green of spring onions & 2 slices of fresh pineapple. Add with 8oz very low fat natural cottage cheese. Season to taste. Cover & chill.

Chicken & Mushroom Spread/Dip
Chop 1 chicken breast. Add can of mushrooms. Chop & add to chicken with 200g pot of very low fat natural fromage frais, 1 tbsp chopped chives, 1 tbsp chopped parsley, 1 tbsp lemon juice. Season to taste. Cover and chill.

Chicken & Ham Pate
Blitz in blender the following ingredients: 1 chicken breast (cooked and diced), a small handful of wafer thin ham, 1 large tub very low fat cottage cheese, 1 tsp garlic, 1 tbsp chopped parsley.

And to answer your other question - 1 stone in a month is possible if get a big loss in the first week and follow the plan 100%. But I think you're better to aim for half a stone and anything else would be a bonus! No quick fixes around here - we're all in it for the long-term

Good luck!

Cool dip tips Circes :D Can't rep you but would xxx

Back