Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

dips and sauces

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by graciepadge, 6 May 2010 Social URL.

1. graciepadge

graciepadge New Member

hi i have recently joind sw - my main problem is that i love dips and sauces. anyone got any tips on free mayo ect i like spicy sauces such as chilli mayo and salsa.
    p.s i am wanting to lose a stone in 4 weeks before my holiday is it achievable

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi

Youve posted this in the CD section, you would be better reposting in the SW section :)

4. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Have moved it over to the Slimming World section x x

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  6. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    http://www.minimins.com/sw-sizzling-summer-recipes/101921-syn-free-bbq-sauce.html

Mayonnaise
    Mix the following ingredients:
    1 egg yolk, 2 tbsp white wine vinegar, artificial sweetener to taste, salt/pepper & 2 tbsp very low fat natural fromage frais. Blend well and chill - the longer you leave it in the fridge the thicker & nicer it gets. Add chilli or garlic to flavour if you prefer. Or extra light mayo is very low in syns.

Sweet and Sour Sauce
    Chop ½ red & ½ green pepper, few spring onions, beansprouts & 2 slices fresh pineapple. Mix in bowl. Spoon over 1 tbsp white wine vinegar & add artificial sweetener & seasoning to taste.
    Stir in ½ pt/284 ml passata sauce & mix. Cover and chill.

Mexican Chilli Tomato
    Can kidney beans + can sweetcorn. Add can of chopped tomatoes & garlic. Add 1 tbsp chives (doesn’t have to be fresh). Add pinch of chilli (more if you like it spicy) & season to taste. Cover and chill.

Tuna Salsa
    Chop ½ red onion. Add 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp lemon rind (not necessary). Chop 8oz tomatoes (or add 8 oz chopped tomatoes) & add to onion with parsley. Drain can tuna & add. Season to taste. Cover & chill.
    Ham & Pineapple Spread/Dip
    Chop 4 oz ham. Chop white & green of spring onions & 2 slices of fresh pineapple. Add with 8oz very low fat natural cottage cheese. Season to taste. Cover & chill.

Chicken & Mushroom Spread/Dip
    Chop 1 chicken breast. Add can of mushrooms. Chop & add to chicken with 200g pot of very low fat natural fromage frais, 1 tbsp chopped chives, 1 tbsp chopped parsley, 1 tbsp lemon juice. Season to taste. Cover and chill.

Chicken & Ham Pate
    Blitz in blender the following ingredients: 1 chicken breast (cooked and diced), a small handful of wafer thin ham, 1 large tub very low fat cottage cheese, 1 tsp garlic, 1 tbsp chopped parsley.

gonnabesmall likes this.
  7. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    And to answer your other question - 1 stone in a month is possible if get a big loss in the first week and follow the plan 100%. But I think you're better to aim for half a stone and anything else would be a bonus! No quick fixes around here - we're all in it for the long-term

Good luck!

8. *angie*

*angie* loves food and cooking

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(3.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World and 5:2 (not together)
    Cool dip tips Circes :D Can't rep you but would xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.