Disappointed to be honest

letsgetlosing

Have weighed in for this week and have lost 1lb. And am disappointed. I kept to plan 100% I believe and kept my syns between 10-15. I didnt have any off plan days, or go over on the syns, and I really expected a few more lbs going off...
Weigh loss has been slow, -2 and a -2. And I know a loss is better than a gain. But what do I have to do to see some serious scale movement!
I am on green. Sometimes I struggle to take both HEbs. I keep my meals varied with plenty of veg and I have about 3 pieces of fruit a day. it may be portion control... i weighed the spagetti i had measured by hand...it was 200grams! And I eat it all! And if I make slimming world chips, I use 2 potatos. Is this all too much? I always eat with a veg mix but my appetite still hasnt diminished! Ive had soy meat a couple of times this week...could this have affected me?
In this last week I have had rice pudding 3 times...made with 1/4 cup of rice and 300mls skimmed milk. Is this excessive?
I am aware that I dont drink enough water so my goal for this week is to drink at least 2 litres a day.
As a basic rule, my day starts with cereal, skimmed milk and a banana.
Lunch is leftovers.
Dinner will be rice/pasta or potatoes with a vegetable main course.
Syns are taken with alcohol :eek: but always within my allowance. And I havent had a night out that would interfere with this!
Any advise would be appreiciated.

in my experience carbs slow down weight loss , so green days could show a slower weigt loss than red .. although 1lb of fat is a lot .. google an image of 1lb fat and you would be surprised !!

There are a couple of things you could try -
Have you tried using lower GI foods , like having wholemeal pasta instead of white , brown rice , sweet potato instead of white ?? and I would say try and cut down on the carb portion and increase the superfree foods .
I know a lot of people limit their bananas as although they are free they can effect weight loss in some people .
and the biggest change you can try is the water .... it really can make a huge difference , if you are dehydrated ( and alcohol will dehydrate you further ) and dont drink enough then your body retains water and this will slow losses a lot .

I hope things pick up for you :D

Water water water! Lol. I know that 1 lb feels so slow, but it is not, it is a good weight loss at a nice healthy pace. having said that, I agree with Deterimator, cut back some carbs and drink loads of water. Just be careful not to become too hungry, as then you might make poor food choices!
Stick with it, you are doing well!
Tx

1-lb-fat.jpg

1lb of fat !!

Thank you both, I think I should cut back on the carbs, your right. To start with I will avoid the rice puds and portion control the pasta. am going to add in more veggies to bulk things out a bit...and switch to wmeal pasta is a good idea. And its going to be water water water!!

wow thanks for that image!!!!!

wow wow wow, what is this talk of 'slow losses'.. i cant work it out. youv lost 5pounds in 3 weeks??? maybe you concider that slow but id be so chuffed with that!

it sounds like your doing everything right, relax girl. x

I 2 think 5lbs is a great loss in 3 weeks!

Although I remember after my first Wi everyone before was saying how so and so lost 8lbs in tbe first week etc I nearly cried thinking how my loss was rubbish and I must be doing it wring etc but just think it's steady in with the weight and steady off!xx

I think your weight loss is at the right pace. SW recommend between 1-2 lb per week. I never lost 2lb in a week once whilst I was losing, usually 1/2 - 1lb a week. But no matter how slow the weight loss you will get there eventually if you stick fully to the plan.

Denise

wow 5lb is great! thats the same as 5 tins of beans! put that in a bag and carry it around for a day! you will realise how great that loss is!

2lb a week x 52 weeks = 104lb! thats 7.st 6lb a year!

its a healthy weight loss, thats the best way to lose it in my opinion. well done to you and keep up the good work :)

Thank you all, your support and advise really makes a difference! From now on, I will stop whinging and get on with it! xxx

I eat a lot of carbs and have some good losses, I think everyone is different and you may have to try a few things to see what works best for you but you're still having good losses for SW. I know when I want a bigger loss then I cut down on snacking in between meals and up my veg intake.

I would be more than happy with 5lb in 3 weeks! I've stuck 100% tp plan and even did the fishy week last week and have only lost 0.5lb in a fortnight. Im hoping for a loss tonight and will be over the moon if I've lost a pound. huge well done on your loss so far, it sounds like you are doing really well xxx

Thank you all, your support and advise really makes a difference! From now on, I will stop whinging and get on with it! xxx
We all always want more hun and sometimes have to let off steam about it. Sometimes we can do things to stir things up a bit so its worth trying other times we just have to accept what our bodies will do. Keep up the good work :)

Back