Disappointed with goal?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by UK-Dancer, 19 June 2011 Social URL.

1. UK-Dancer

UK-Dancer Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(16.4%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I'm a couple of pounds off my goal weight after losing nearly two and a half stone over the last few months. But, i'm starting to wonder whether to stop at my goal weight or carry on for another half a stone. I just don't feel too happy with my results and i'm unsure why. :/

To start with, I think I've lost weight in all the wrong places! I don't think I've lost any at all in my arms and I have been working my arms out to improve my fitness so now my arms seem bigger! So now when I look in the mirror, I feel just as upset about my figure as when I did before I started dieting, minus the determination I had to begin with!

I was thinking, maybe if I lost another stone then maybe it might target the areas the weight loss has missed? Hm, i'm so confused and need some advice! :(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tuppers

tuppers Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.39%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Well I've intentionally set a goal that's pretty much botton of the 'ideal' BMI range. It might not totally manageble once I get there, but at least I would have gone through all the different body sizes and then know which I feel I look best at. I would still treat your current goal as a goal, so when you achieve it, it is still an achievement. But then perhaps set another goal straight after?

4. Slimandtoned

Slimandtoned Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(5.66%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers Pro Points
    Hi dancer, you don't say why exactly you're not happy - are you just having a "feeling fat" day and that perhaps tomorrow you will feel fine? Or, is it that you haven't realised you are now a smaller person? I haven't experienced that yet but I believe it takes a while for the mind to realise that you are now a smaller version of yourself... If you were unhappy with yourself as a person before you started losing weight, weight loss in itself won't make you happy but the way you feel about yourself will. Give yourself time - don't stress - it's going to take time and do celebrate the great success your weight loss is :)

5. LittleMissThin 17

LittleMissThin 17 wants to be skinny ♥

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(22.67%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers- ProPoints
    Agree with tuppers.

I've set my goal and I'm 12lbs away but I feel like nothing has come off of my legs which is where I wanted it to so I've been debating to set my goal 7lbs lighter still. My goal BMI is 22 so I have plenty of room to lose more. I'm still treating my goal as goal and will see how I look there. Maybe do that?

6. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    at the end of the day we're all genetically set in where we hold weight. You could try losing some more weight and see how you feel, but there is no such thing as spot weight loss. You could tone up your arms and it might make you feel a bit better about them.

If its something like bat wings (saggy skin) there is little you can do short of surgery x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.