disappointed with SW leader...

foxychic

Im not sure if its me that is just being a little oversensitive or not.

I went to class last night to find out that our leader has left!!!! We had a stand in leader (who was lovely!!) and we have got a few different ones over the next weeks until they find a perminent replacement after the new year.

Now, fair enough i have only been at class for a few weeks so I dont know her as well as others but i feel a little bit dispointed (possibly cheated??) that she didnt let us know??

Maybe its just me? x

Dear knows though why she suddenly left. I'm sure there must have been some awful reason.

Our WW leader just left and didnt tell anyone. We later found out it was for health reasons and not really any of our business, we got a new leader and she was better anyway! :D

Agree i'd be a little narked if the leader left without saying anything but just obviosuly keep in mind that there could be a reason for it :) I'd feel the same though!!

Fingers crossed you get a nice leader for the new year :D xxxx

I didnt know whether to send her a text wishing her all the best? Hmmm... hopefully we will get a new leader soon. thanks guys! x

It wouldn't hurt to do that. I do agree with the others though, for her to leave at such short notice there must have been a good reason.

I think it might be a policy of Slimming World's not to tell the group they're leaving, as (over the years) I've had a couple of leaders leave, and they only seem to tell you on their last night, if at all!

Yep, I think it's because if they told people beforehand then half the group wouldn't turn up! Same as when a consultant goes on holiday, it's not often that's announced either.

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I'm the Weigh-In lady, and every week after class helped the consultant pack up. She told me that she was going on 'holiday' and that we would have a stand-in for a couple of weeks.

The first of the stand-ins just came out with 'You know that XXX isn't coming back'. People kept asking me if XXX had left and I kept saying, 'No!! She's just on holiday'. During group I texted her and she told me that it was true. However, she explained that she didn't tell the group as she didn't want people to just not turn up (also we were moving to a new venue). I know why she changed groups (to run one closer to home) BUT it did feel like a slap in the face that she didn't tell ME. (during the times packing up she had told me other things that I have always kept in confidence).

I suppose that we feel this way because they are such good consultants and we feel like they are friends. Since XXX has left, we have had a couple of wonderful temporary consultants and have been blessed with a fantastic 'newbie' Consultant.

Just keep on going and roll with the changes!!!!

I know how you feel as my WW leader left without warning and it was very unsettling especially as the leader who replaced her wasn't that nice, but I suppose its just the way that they have to do it, as if the members knew they might well find another class to go to instead and then the leader taking over would hardly have any class for herself.

It does seem a shabby way to treat people and I would have expected social teams to be told, as they usually put in a lot of effort and time of their own to help out the leader.

Try not to let it put you off SW or class though foxychick, hopefully you'll get a lovely replacement.

Even though I've only been going to group since October, I think I'd be devestated if our leader left without telling us!! I think I can understand the reasoning behind it... but I still wouldn't like it.

Im not sure if its me that is just being a little oversensitive or not.

I went to class last night to find out that our leader has left!!!! We had a stand in leader (who was lovely!!) and we have got a few different ones over the next weeks until they find a perminent replacement after the new year.

Now, fair enough i have only been at class for a few weeks so I dont know her as well as others but i feel a little bit dispointed (possibly cheated??) that she didnt let us know??

Maybe its just me? x

If you have no idea what has happened, then I think that it is not really fair to judge. There could be all sorts of reasons for her leaving.

When my WW leader left it turned out that her husband had left her.

Back