Disappointed

Hevz

:gen147::gen147::gen147::gen147::gen147::gen147:

I know 5lbs is a start on my weight loss journey but everyone else seems to have lost so much more in their 1st week.

I have been so good and literally forced water down my throat.

I think part of my reason for being disappointed is....I weighed myself on day 4 (I know...I shouldn't have) but I'd lost 6lbs at that point so why have I only lost 5lbs now after a full week on SS+:confused:

I'm not convinced it will work for me and it was a real struggle to carry on today. I do want to carry on and don't want to feel as negatively as I am.....help me stay on track please. I dream of being a "normal" weight/size:4635:

i only get weighed every 2 weeks and at 1st WI i had only lost 10lb, everyone is different and it could have been water retention or something, also weighing yourself at home (yes most of us do it) but your scales may weigh differently to your CDCs
please dont feel dissappointed as 5lb is still a good loss and its 5lb nearer to your goal, you never know, next week you may have a really good loss.
The diet will work for you as long as you stick with it, we all have up days and down days but its all worth it in the end :)

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease hang in there!!!!!

I said the same as you when I first started!!

It does work :) :)

5 pounds IS good!!!

Thanks, the weight loss is going off my scales. I weighed myself 1st thing in the morning on my scales the day I started and then this morning on my scales. They're decent scales and I even moved them to a different part of the room to double check:D

How do I adjust my weight at the side to show I've lost some? I'm looking around but I can't find instructions to do it:cry:

Hang in there! I've just completed my first week of SS+ and lost 4.5lbs despite sticking to the plan 100%. I was quite happy because this plan is do-able and I know I WILL see results as the weeks pass and every loss is a step closer towards reaching my goal. It's natural for weight to fluctuate over the week, so don't be too disheartened.

Mandy x

:D done it...thank you.

:snoopyhouse: Off to bed now as I can't possibly drink another mouthful of water and every waking hour I'm drinking constantly ;)

I know exactly how you feel hunni. I 'only' lost 6lb in my first week and was slightly upset as everyone else seems to lose much more than me. I have now lost 13lb in 3 weeks and although other people have lost more than this, I have stopped looking at other peoples weight losses in comparison to mine and am concentrating on my own loss. Does that make sense? For me 13lb in 3 weeks is bloody amazing and I am really chuffed with my loss.

Basically, what I am trying to say is look at your own loss only, don't compare it to what others have lost as it isn't important.

Stay strong, stay positive and stay on Cambridge. Is a fab diet and shows quick results. Any other diet would be a lot slower. Concentrate on that.

Charlie x

5lb is a wonderful loss just think how much less it would have been on WW/SW you should be proud and look forward to adding to that next week.

when I did this last time I had weeks where I ss bespite doing 100% SS it is disheartening but it will come off how could it not on so little.

So keep plugging away and keep the faith

Take care

H xXx

Hey there chin up and keep going - I've been told by a friend about 10 day cycle in weight loss which means some people it can take up to 10 days to register on scales.....!! Don't ask me why but it has been true for me in the past :)

Keep doing what ur doing and am sure there will be better weeks x

Hiya

I always have slightly smaller losses than other people. You might get a bigger than usual loss for week 2?
Nonetheless, I can honestly say I am happy that I have put my faith in CD. I was over 14 stones and miserable before, wearing awful clothes (to punish myself, I think) - by next month I will be in the 10 stones category and loving being in size 14's (I will be in 12's when I reach goal).
I had a break from CD in December which slowed down my journey, but few other diets could have brought about this kind of loss in such a short time - and CD has the great range of flavours to keep us going!
Keep up the good work x

Thank you all for the support. I lost 6lbs on my 2nd week and can't grumble at 11lbs in 2 weeks can I? 11lbs is 11lbs less that I was so I'm happy:D

I lost the same as you, 5lbs then 6lbs on weeks 1 and 2 - I'm now 60lbs lighter. Stick with it and don't let the scales dictate your mood

I lost the same as you, 5lbs then 6lbs on weeks 1 and 2 - I'm now 60lbs lighter. Stick with it and don't let the scales dictate your mood

:eek: ok I won't give up then, thanks for the inspiration.

I sort of had a day off yesterday:break_diet: (that time of the month and had no willpower:cry:). I'm back on it today and just had a choccy shake. Not sure whether to carry on with SS+ or try step 2 as my friends have been losing more than me on step 2 :confused:

Try another week and chat to your CDC, on average i lose 2lbs a week yet first time around i lost 9lbs in the first week and 4lbs in the second week. Everybody is different from week to week.

Im now trying the mix a mousse to try and stick to SS. Its yummy, i suggest trying it if you like angel delight :) MMMMM
Also on your second WI you can get bars, im leaving my till Wednesday (3rd WI) and i hope to try the bars.
Ive heard good things about them.

Dont give up now, try everything and see how you get on.

6 lbs is an amazing loss, id have loved that for my first WI :D

Back