Green Days Disappointed!

Claracluck9

Decided to make some choc chestnut brownies as a treat today and wished I hadn't bothered they were far too rich and didn't even enjoy it. Wish I'd had my meringue ff yog and berry treat for 1 syn instead! X

Oh dear, I have had a few disasters too. Its disappointing when you have put the effort in and you dont enjoy the result isnt it!

Thing is i tend to not make sw style cakes or desserts due to sweetner being used. As its not natural at all really. If you want a treat just get some berries and some tropical fruit and use the lower fat version of total greek yogurt. The fat free is awesome, but the one with low fat is like cream nom nom nom.

PurpleSky said:
Thing is i tend to not make sw style cakes or desserts due to sweetner being used. As its not natural at all really. If you want a treat just get some berries and some tropical fruit and use the lower fat version of total greek yogurt. The fat free is awesome, but the one with low fat is like cream nom nom nom.

I agree re sweetner only really have the odd highlights and sweetened yog once in a few week. I usually have a mini meringue greek 0% yog and fruit and really enjoy it! Did a non SW brownie as flexi synning today so all natural sugar ooops! I don't bake with sweetener as have a toddler so do things I'm happy feeding him. When I first started SW I had loads of ff sweetened yogs but had lots of headaches which I put down to the sweetners.

Greek yog is so yummy even the ff stuff! X x

Have you tried fruit sugaer as you will use less. You need a third less so thats a good 2oz of sugar off a standard cake(going on 6oz here). Also if you make fatless cakes you can save there too. Thing is i dont eat cake a lot. And have come to the conclusion if i want a piece of cake i syn it as that is what my syns are for, for those naughty bits :D. Which comes in handy on a thursday as my friend cakes cup cakes for us now and again so i give it a syn amount(more then likely too high) and take them from the weeks synage :D

Yes it is expensive, and I know what you mean about the sweetener. If I make a cake or anything which requires sweetener, I usually put less in than the recipe states but the info about the fruit sugar was very interesting. Is the syn value the same? And where do you get this from, thanks

Back