Disappointed

Pinkyfleur

I'm a new member of Slimming World and had my first weigh in. Thought I'd been really good and stuck to the plan 100% but only lost 1 lb :( I found the whole group meeting with weight losses being read out humiliating, even though other members were trying to be supportive (almost made me feel worse), I didn't expect to feel a failure in my first week.

I already lost 1 1/2 stone just eating more healthily but then put back on 1/2 stone which proved to be resistant to lose so I joined slimming world. My target weight loss is 1 stone 2 lb.
I also need to follow a gluten free diet as much as possible.

Really not sure what to do differently this week. I logged every single thing I ate using the Slimming World online weight loss diary. I have attached a copy of an example of what I've eaten in a day. My salad at lunch doesn't always include pasta.

Did anyone else out there suffer a small first week weight loss like me? If so did your weight loss continue like this or did it increase? Any helpful tips would really be appreciated.

Thank you so much for reading......

Attachments

• Diary.docx
    16.5 KB · Views: 46
Ok, firstly...YOU LOST A POUND! Woo! :0clapper::woohoo:
That is a whole big load of weight, gone in the right direction. So you should never, ever be disappointed with a loss of any description.
It was my first WI last Friday and I lost 1 1/2 lbs...and I was thrilled. Here's why:
  • I'd been eating relatively healthily beforehand, so this wasn't a dramatic change to my body, so it didn't see the need to suddenly release 3lbs of fat
  • I already drink lots of water
  • I only want/need to lose about a stone and a half, so I don't have masses to come off
  • I have done SW before and I know that, for me, slow progress is the way it goes, but it does come off eventually. I'd rather 1lb per week than 4lbs and 3 weeks of maintaining.
  • Weight loss is not linear, nor does your body know that you're weighing in weekly. If you'd weighed a day earlier or later it could have been a very different number on the scales
  • Scales are EVIL. They do not show an accurate picture of what's happening in your body. You're far better off going by how your clothes fit and feel. If you didn't take your measurements when you first started...do them now! It's the best way, far better than scales.
Looking at your food diary, I don't see anything wrong. Certainly not for your first week anyway. Stick with it. Keep the diary. Keep on track. Keep trusting that you can do it, because it will come. Everyone is different. The woman who joined SW same time as me lost 6lbs in a week. 6 pounds!! Was I jealous? Yeah, a bit. But did that take away from my success? No. For all I know she was living off chips and chocolate before joining SW.

Half the battle of staying on track is a positive frame of mind. You may have a surprise on the scales next WI. If you don't, then speak to your consultant and the group. That's what you're paying for...the group therapy!

Good luck - you'll smash it.

Thank you so much, you've pretty much said what I was thinking (hoping) but wasn't sure if I was just trying to convince myself.
My friend who I joined with lost 4lb but then she freely admits she normally binges on all sorts.
I'm enjoying what I'm eating which is a real bonus!

I joined the last week of October 2015. In my first week I only lost 1.5lb. I was so disappointed as I had about 10 stone to lose.

My consultant went through my food diary with me and it was then I realised I'd been going way over my HEA. I was having porridge made with milk and 35g of full fat cheese every day. The next week I lost a whopping 7.5lb. I now average out at 2.5lb loss per week and have lost a total of 5stone 4.5 lb in 30 weeks!

I love what I'm eating a and look and feel so much better.

I'm sure you'll do better next week.

WOW! That is excellent weight loss in 30 weeks! Well done Sherrington :0clapper:
I joined the last week of October 2015. In my first week I only lost 1.5lb. I was so disappointed as I had about 10 stone to lose.

My consultant went through my food diary with me and it was then I realised I'd been going way over my HEA. I was having porridge made with milk and 35g of full fat cheese every day. The next week I lost a whopping 7.5lb. I now average out at 2.5lb loss per week and have lost a total of 5stone 4.5 lb in 30 weeks!

Wow! That's amazing, you're doing so well! :)

don't be disappointed in a 1lb loss its a loss so you are moving in the right direction. I've just re-joined slimming world and expect a small loss the first week because my body always takes a few weeks to get on board with shrinking. Someone sent me this poem when I was feeling down about a small loss and it made me smile - hope it does the same for you.

Hello! Do you know me? If you don't, you should.
I am ONE POUND OF FAT, and I am the happiest pound of FAT that you would ever want to meet!

Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me! After all, I am only ONE POUND OF FAT. Just ONE POUND. Everyone wants to lose 3 or 5 or 15 pounds, but never ONLY one.

So, I just stick around and happily keep you. Then I am free to add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice...

That is, until I have grown to 10, 20 or even 30 pounds in weight...

YES... it is fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT... left to do just as I please.

So, when you weigh in, go ahead... just keep on saying, "Oh I only lost one pound." (As if that is so terrible.) For you see, if you do this, you will encourage others to hang around me because they will think that I am not worth losing.

And I LOVE being around you... your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips, and every other part of you. HAPPY DAYS! After all, I am ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

don't be disappointed in a 1lb loss its a loss so you are moving in the right direction. I've just re-joined slimming world and expect a small loss the first week because my body always takes a few weeks to get on board with shrinking. Someone sent me this poem when I was feeling down about a small loss and it made me smile - hope it does the same for you.

I am ONE POUND OF FAT, and I am the happiest pound of FAT that you would ever want to meet!

Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me! After all, I am only ONE POUND OF FAT. Just ONE POUND. Everyone wants to lose 3 or 5 or 15 pounds, but never ONLY one.

So, I just stick around and happily keep you. Then I am free to add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice...

So, when you weigh in, go ahead... just keep on saying, "Oh I only lost one pound." (As if that is so terrible.) For you see, if you do this, you will encourage others to hang around me because they will think that I am not worth losing.

And I LOVE being around you... your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips, and every other part of you. HAPPY DAYS! After all, I am ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

That's great! Thank you :D

Hi Katie, thanks sooooo much for sharing this, it made me laugh and cry at the same time!!! :) I was feeling so down about my 2lb first week weight loss, and was at a loss as to what I can do differently because I have so much weight to lose (6.5 stone). I will keep persevering!! :)

Back