Disappointing 1st week

Disneydatknee

I've just done my first week on the slimming world plan and have not cheated once. Wrote everything down, not gone over my syns and I've only lost 1 and a half lbs. I've heard so many people lose big in their first week and was expecting to have done better. Please give me some encouragement before I reach for the wine I've done so well to resist all week!!

Well done on 11/2lbs:0clapper:

Keep going and see how you do over the course of the month...one of the reasons some people see a big weight loss in the first week is that they probably indulged in a few last suppers before embarking on SW and the big weight loss the first week is normally due to water weight from carb over load.

How weight comes off is a very individual thing and while it is only natural to compare ourselves to others there is really no point.

Also, due to the heat at the moment it is very possible you were drinking a lot of water before weigh in...1 litre/13/4 pints weighs 1kg/2.2lbs.

Keep up the good work and over time you will be rewarded both in health and weight loss.

Thank you. I actually weighed myself at home this morning (how I usually do it, first thing in the morning and naked lol) and I've lost 6lbs since I last weighed in at home this same way last Monday! My SW weigh in is in the evening after I've just eaten and I was wearing shoes so maybe that effected it. So it is working!! Hurray.

Back