Disappointing Weight Loss

suzanned

Had my second weigh in and lost 3.8lbs. I was gutted to say the least. I know any loss is a good one but as this was really the first full week I did it without cheating I was hoping for more. I hope this is not a sign on things to come ~ me being a REALLY SLOW loser. I see others with fantastic loses and me with such a small one.

Ok...I feel better now that I have complained to those who know what I am going through. Off to take the dog for a walk. Hope you have great days today!!

Suzanne, are you drinking enough water? It really is true that the more you drink the more you shrink.

The only other thing I can think of, did you low carb before starting CD? If so you may have already depleted your water and glycogen stores so you dont get the huge loss that most of us look forward to in the first week. 3.8 would be an excellent loss for a week 2 WI.

It may just be that your body wasnt holding on to any glycogen or water before you started the diet.

I hope that all makes sense lol

Stick with it Suzanne. If you are sticking to the diet then you are losing around 3 - 4lb of fat every week, although with water fluctuations it might not show as 3 - 4 lb on the scales.

Hi Suzanne

I do really feel for you and it is hard when the scales don't move as quick as we'd like. As Sam says rest assured you will be losing 3-4lbs per week but our pesky female bodies have a habit of retaining water like camels. Hang in their and try to focus on the bigger picture rather than the individual weigh in's it should average at about a stone per month. You will see from my losses they have been up and down like a yo yo.

Gx

Thanks for the support! I have been drinking enough water for a village so I don't think that is the problem. I am just hoping this past week was a blip.

Back