disaster!!!!!!

slimwannabe

Silver Member
I had bit of disaster at wedding,went with shakes in bag but then found they had no cups etc so I could make my shakes :(
Didn't have time for brekkie so by 2pm was starving, Food was passed around to us so I tried to make better choices by having salad,chicken (no skin),ham,fruit salad oh and some wholemeal couscous (wasn't sure if that wud be ok to eat but was lovely)!
Admittedly I don't feel guilty as didn't over eat and had to have something or starve.
Have learn't that nxt time I go to an event to buy some bars as replacement then I don't need to worry about water etc.
Oh and forgot I did have a small bit of wedding cake,minus the icing.

Natalie xx

P.S didn't mention I had No alcohol just d.coke as all they had and am now dreading WI on mon,oh and 2moro's bbq but will be having shakes only and that's a promise

The old adage....

Perfect planning prevents p!$$ poor performance! :eek: I went to London for the day when I was SS'ing the first time minus any food.

But hey, it was a wedding, you didn't go mad and whatever the scales say, you won't have done much damage at all!

For future reference though, would have been better to avoid the cous cous and, obviously, the cake!!!

I hope that you had a great time at the wedding!

Thanks Alipally

And yes I agree but the fruit cake was lovely!!
As I said before I don't feel as though I have let myself down in any way as it's the only special occasion I have now till xmas so no I'll be ok from here onwards,Had a fab time and danced my socks off lol

Nat xx

Hi slimwannabe

Thanks for your cautionary tale! I have usually managed to access or borrow a suitably sized glass or mug and a fork wherever I have gone. People have been very helpful when I explain about the diet.
So far I haven't bought any bars (I thought I might have been tempted to eat them up in one go) but now I will order a couple to keep on standby.
I had a less than pleasant experience trying to make up a shake sitting on a very windy pier yesterday; I think my friend could have been more sympathetic but she is doing Slimming World and does not agree with CD (but thats another story).
Just put the nibbling behind you; I think you showed good restraint in difficult circumstances.
Good Luck!

i find the tetra's great for out and about, i keep a few in my daughters hospital bag and i ss'ed when she was in last week

i learnt this lesson last time round thou as i couldnt make the shake in a&e and it was late by the time we got to the ward so i only got the one shake down and was sick as a dog the next day

Disaster would have been launching your self at the wedding cake!! You handled it much better than a worse case scenario and made some positive choices with your food. Well done.

Thanks for all the advice,as I said before don't feel bad as this day and nite out has been planned for a long time and have no more parties or social gatherings till xmas now,so roll on WI 2moro eve!!

Natalie xx

Back