Disgusted at syn value in Wetherspoons salad!

I've done SW before and lost every week, whilst still eating out with friends once a week at Wetherspoons
everything comes out of a microwave, they wouldn't waste their time injecting them with oil xx

The best option at wetherspoons is the five bean chilli with tortilla chips for 4.5 syns on green and ee but it is free if you don't have the tortilla chips.

Its true about the pots being injected with oil, we thought it was a myth and asked our sw consultant. Confirmed.check your syns online. 5 bean chilli with rice and tortillas is definitely best option!

I'm completely confused about this debate because people who have spoken to who work in spoons say this definately does not happen, however if you compare the syn values online the ones with JP's are higher or equal in syns to the same meals with chips! How does that work if the JP is free?

They have just introduced a spicy noodle dish which is very yummy and I'm sure someone told me it was fairly low. It does make you wana stay in and never go out ;) xx

Janet-c said:
Its true about the pots being injected with oil, we thought it was a myth and asked our sw consultant. Confirmed.check your syns online. 5 bean chilli with rice and tortillas is definitely best option!

It's not true!! If you read further back in the thread people who have worked for Weatherspoons confirm it doesn't happen

It's a story which has got out of hand and is NOT true. Your SW consultant is wrong

Last edited:
oh no not the injecting potatoes with oil/deep frying potatoes myth again. I thought we had cleared that up. Someone will be bringing up the ole chicken one next.

It really is a case of chinese whispers that has got way out of hand and I can't believe it is still going round and being believed and consultants too - "shocking"

If you look at the nutritional information on their website for a jacket potato with no butter and no salad dressing, it is the exact same nutritional information for a jacket potato you would do at home.

They would be under legal action if the information was incorrect.

Back