Disgusted with myself!

*Trying-again*

Plodding on til its gone
Just tried my fairly new jeans on which I was so proud to buy when I lost some weight about 8 months ago.

Disgusted with myself as they have gradually got tighter and tighter on me and now this morning I cant even get them further than the tops of my legs. Im ashamed to have gained what I lost :cry:

This is my umpteenth attempt at slimming world and each time I lose weight on it. its slow because of the PCOS but still comes off with hard work.

I seem to lose it, get sort of happy with how I feel then go and ruin it all by eating crap again and undoing all my good hard work.

Dont know why i do this but seem to sabotage things once I get near to being more comfortable with my weight?

Does anyone else do this?

Started slimming world again properly today after a failed first day attempt yesterday. Ate choc late at night because I was at home on my own and wanted to feel better.

It just seems like a never ending cycle and just end up back where i started :confused: :break_diet:

Just tried my fairly new jeans on which I was so proud to buy when I lost some weight about 8 months ago.

Disgusted with myself as they have gradually got tighter and tighter on me and now this morning I cant even get them further than the tops of my legs. Im ashamed to have gained what I lost :cry:

This is my umpteenth attempt at slimming world and each time I lose weight on it. its slow because of the PCOS but still comes off with hard work.

I seem to lose it, get sort of happy with how I feel then go and ruin it all by eating crap again and undoing all my good hard work.

Dont know why i do this but seem to sabotage things once I get near to being more comfortable with my weight?

Does anyone else do this?

Started slimming world again properly today after a failed first day attempt yesterday. Ate choc late at night because I was at home on my own and wanted to feel better.

It just seems like a never ending cycle and just end up back where i started :confused: :break_diet:

hey there :)
well done for returning to a weight loss plan!!
i know exactly what your going through as ive done the same thing ..and more than once il tell you lol..

its like my brain takes time to get used to the new slimmer me and then the min i start to accpept what i look like its like my brain tells me i dont have a weight prob anymore so chill...and i do-i think i have it under conrtol - but it ends with me going back to unhealthy eating again...then before i know it all the weights back on!

plzzzz dont get disheartnened and try not to go into "panic mode" cos all youl do is feel bad and eat to comfort yourself....just take a deep breath and try to keep calm about everything and just take it a day at a time and maybe aim to drop a dress size at a time or at least feel comfy in what ever clothes are tight right now....just a suggestion and its what im going to do this time round....

many have said before its not a race but a lifestyle change and thats always going to take time and set backs....try to be kinder to yourself cos you have nothing to be ashamed of! :)

Ive a few coping tricks up my sleeve as i stuggled with weekends etc and feeling low so am happy to pass on for you to try...everyone here is sooo supportive all you have to do is ask :)

ps...One brill thing on here is you can keep an online food/loss diary...very theraputic and a great way of sounding off when your low or annoyed at yourself and showing off too when(not if) you do well!

Good luck x

I think once you get to the weight you want to be, it is easy to think thats it and slowly go back to your old eating habit, this is where weekly or monthly weighing still could help, then you can cut back again for a week or two to get back to your goal weight before it turns into having gained loads of weight, when its harder to get it off again.

Once I get to goal weight this time (something I have done in the past, then regained plus some) I am going to weigh myself every week or every month, depending how it goes, then if I see my weight go up by 5lbs, I will do a week or two on the diet again to get it back off but my main plan is once I get to goal weight, I will swap from Exante (food replacement) to weight watchers, I will follow the weight watchers plan mainly but allow myself days off, just things like going for lunch with the girls from work and normal nights out but on normal days when there isnt anything fun happening I will stick to healthy eating, that way Im still in control of what I am eating without having to pass up the odd meal out or the odd take away.

sorry "trying again" to crash in on your thread lol but just wanted to congratulate sammy on her amazing loss!

Aw thank you, still got a long way to go though!

Thats ok :)

Thank u Biggirl I need to lose 34 1b but ideally I would like to lose a total of 421b so 3 stone. I weighed myself this morning and was shocked to see I was 13.12 so getting down to 10.12 would be lovely. I was that years ago and now im much older not sure how achievable it will be.

I see you have small goals so think I might do the same. Im going to aim for 1 pound a week if I lose 2 or more that will be a bonus.

Thank u Sammy

I think I will have to do that, its a good idea to keep track once I get comfortable. Dont know why i do it I suppose once i feel more comfortable it in a way frees me to not be so strick on myself food wise but things creep up gradually and thats whats happened.

All of a sudden my clothes are so tight. Im down to 2 pairs of jeans and wearing a lot of long tops and black to cover up my bum and wobbly tum. it worries me that I know i shouldnt be eating certain things but its as if i punish myself once I feel better in my clothes and more confident.

well done on your great weight loss :)

I think its something a lot of us do... we think "oh Im thin now, I can eat what I want" when really we cant, there are people who are naturally thin (urgh dont ya just hate them! haha) and then there are people like me who will always struggle with their weight, I just dont want to ever get to the stage when Im looking at having to lose over 70lbs just to get to the top scale of a healthy weight for my weight, Im really slightly built as well, so top end of the healthy weight range, would still be too big for my frame.

I think we just need to teach ourselves to pick the healthy option, more then we pick the naughty bits, its just about finding the balance that is right for our own body, where we can still have the odd bad thing but still maintain our weight... not an easy thing to do but easier then trying to lose over 90lbs like I started to do last May!

Thats ok :)

Thank u Biggirl I need to lose 34 1b but ideally I would like to lose a total of 421b so 3 stone. I weighed myself this morning and was shocked to see I was 13.12 so getting down to 10.12 would be lovely. I was that years ago and now im much older not sure how achievable it will be.

I see you have small goals so think I might do the same. Im going to aim for 1 pound a week if I lose 2 or more that will be a bonus.

Hi Trying Again, dont let age make you think you cant do it. Im 55 and post menopausal and type2 diabetes to boot, so apparently I will find it harder now to lose weight than any other time in my life. But I lost 6st in 6 months and I doubt even a gastic band could have made me lose weight faster. It can be done if you follow the right diet. For me it was low carb, not the extremes of Atkins, but just avoiding all carby foods and eating real food, albeit small amounts. I still go out for an Indian meal once every 2 or 3 weeks as I cant live without it. But age does not have to make it a problem to lose weight. I now wear size 10 jeans!! and I didnt even do that when i was a teenager!

Good luck with the weight loss!

Last edited:
Hi Lynn

Thank you, the weight just seems to go on even if look or even think about a bit of chocolate these days.

You`ve done so well with your weight loss :) 6 stone in 6 months is something to be very proud of. :clap:

Before I had my daughter I was slim but didnt feel it although I can see now in the old photos that I had nothing to worry about weight wise.

Its definetly a mind thing for me. Im going to try and increase my metabolism by aiming to do a bit of exercise everyday. My job is quite active and takes most of my energy but if I want this weight gone I need to do more.

What exercise did you do to achieve your great weightloss? Did yu have to do much or was it mainly eating less.

We will have to try and get a few of us together and meet for a cuppa in Southampton if your still up for it :)

Karen

Definately up for the meet Karen, we need to decide on a date and see who else wants to come along.

Errrr.........exercise? Whats exercise? lol, im just the laziest person in the world. No i didnt do any exercise apart from swimming when i feel like it. Still lost over 6st though :)

Im exactly the same, I did well all day yesterday until the evening when I ate some crap, and then stupid me got on scales this am and found i was 1lb heavier than on fri night!! I know its shiftable etc etc but Ive now been in a foul mood all day

Have re read my SW books and menus plans from when I lost a nice amount and am going shopping tomoz to arm myself with the right stuff to try and shift it

Good luck.

Good luck for this week hulalula :D

This is only my second week back on the plan. I find writing a menu plan down for the week and getting ideas from the mags.

I write down 7 dinners and 7 lunches and put it on kitchen cupboard and make sure I shop for it. Then choose one of them that I fancy eating that day or what suits better time wise.

I prefer doing that than planning a certain meal for a certain day. Doing it this way gives me a bit more freedom and flexibility.

Its the only thing that worked for me last time I lost weight. I previously lost 2 and half stone on SW but fell off the wagon and gained it and a bit more.

Karen :)

I truly empathise with you. In the same putting on what you lost group, it's very depressing to undo all the hard work. But being on a forum like this just goes to show a focused and determined mind set to get back on track.

As my sig says I want my skinny jeans back, and you will get yours back, too :)

I also put on what I lost this year and more! My start weight was 13.7st and then I got down to 12st, I've since been in and out of Hospital, comfort eating and rocketed up to 14.4st :0

I'm on WW Discover as I have all the books already and so far in two weeks I've lost 6lbs, the fact that you even recognise your pattens & eating habits are an achievement in itself! :)

Well done you & good luck!

Ive been a yo yo dieter too :eek:. I can lose weight when im focussed no problem, it's the maintenance I fail on!

I get complacent, forget the rules, enjoy the forbidden foods a little too often and hey presto mufffin tops and exploding buttons!!

Just embarked on Atkins/low carb to hopefully break me of this destructive cycle.

Well done for getting back on track, good luck on your plan.

Ive been a yo yo dieter too :eek:. I can lose weight when im focussed no problem, it's the maintenance I fail on!

I get complacent, forget the rules, enjoy the forbidden foods a little too often and hey presto mufffin tops and exploding buttons!!

Just embarked on Atkins/low carb to hopefully break me of this destructive cycle.

Well done for getting back on track, good luck on your plan.

I do exactly the same, get too comfy and gradually all my hard work gets undone. Hopefully Ill learn from previous mistakes this time though. Good luck with your plan

I also put on what I lost this year and more! My start weight was 13.7st and then I got down to 12st, I've since been in and out of Hospital, comfort eating and rocketed up to 14.4st :0

I'm on WW Discover as I have all the books already and so far in two weeks I've lost 6lbs, the fact that you even recognise your pattens & eating habits are an achievement in itself! :)

Well done you & good luck!

Thanks Loozie

Good luck with your plan too. If it wasnt for comfort eating I`d be ok but finally beginning to recognise when and why I do it. cant always stop myself doing it though but getting a bit more aware of it.

sorry was meant to say Lozzie

Back