Disgusted with myself!

I blame my fixation with wearing fashion leggings, them darn elasticated waists don't let you know when you've put on a few pounds...

When I lose the weight this time round, must remember this.

First of all.. WELL DONE.. you're HERE>. which means you're already back on track.. secondly.. I don't doubt that the majority of people on this site have been there a dozen or more times themselves.. and know exactly how you are feeling right now.. you are NOT ALONE!... for example.. this past 9 days I have started induction for Atkins diet NINE TIMES!.. I would do great all day long and then at 9pm go CRAZY with no willpower for milk and cereal.. and ruin the start of my new diet.. until last night. I FOUGHT BACK... I don't know how often I will have to fight back.. but believe me.. it takes baby steps.. one minute at a time.. one meal at a time.. one day at a time.. until it becomes our new healthier habit.

My advice to you is BE KIND TO YOURSELF! you only have one you.. and shucks... you eat the wrong thing.. your new jeans don't fit anymore.. well that was a few moments ago.. RIGHT NOW .you've kicked started your new regime and your powering your way to the finish line again.. who cares how many times you're at the starting line.. you haven't given up.. you are still chasing your dream and believe me.. you will catch it!.. If you don't wear down and give up.. that dream is in your grasp!..

GO for it.. I'm right here with you.. just finishing my SECOND successful day of induction on Atkins..

Remember quitters never win.. and winners never quit.. ;)

I blame my fixation with wearing fashion leggings, them darn elasticated waists don't let you know when you've put on a few pounds...

When I lose the weight this time round, must remember this.

Ive done the same, put on comfy tracky bottoms onn in the evenings. The reason my jeans are uncomfortable is because they are tight.

Instead of thinking ill lose some weight Ive opted for elasticated waist without even realising it. I used to wear leggings too and your right when you say about not realising the pounds creeping on.

Good luck with your weight loss plan x

First of all.. WELL DONE.. you're HERE>. which means you're already back on track.. secondly.. I don't doubt that the majority of people on this site have been there a dozen or more times themselves.. and know exactly how you are feeling right now.. you are NOT ALONE!... for example.. this past 9 days I have started induction for Atkins diet NINE TIMES!.. I would do great all day long and then at 9pm go CRAZY with no willpower for milk and cereal.. and ruin the start of my new diet.. until last night. I FOUGHT BACK... I don't know how often I will have to fight back.. but believe me.. it takes baby steps.. one minute at a time.. one meal at a time.. one day at a time.. until it becomes our new healthier habit.

My advice to you is BE KIND TO YOURSELF! you only have one you.. and shucks... you eat the wrong thing.. your new jeans don't fit anymore.. well that was a few moments ago.. RIGHT NOW .you've kicked started your new regime and your powering your way to the finish line again.. who cares how many times you're at the starting line.. you haven't given up.. you are still chasing your dream and believe me.. you will catch it!.. If you don't wear down and give up.. that dream is in your grasp!..

GO for it.. I'm right here with you.. just finishing my SECOND successful day of induction on Atkins..

Remember quitters never win.. and winners never quit.. ;)

Thanks for that kizzie

Those positive words are a real help.

Its easy to fall off the wagon and give up but the only thing that leads to is more weight to carry around which is the last thing anyone wants.

I cant stay on track everyday and I think I now accept that its better for me to do slimming world 80% of the time than nothing at all it will just take longer to shift the weight.

Good luck with your atkins diet, let me know how you get on

Hi Trying-Again
I'd like to echo Kizzie - you're here so well done.

I was 5 st overweight at the end of 2006, lost 2.5 st in 2007 and kept it off for 2.5 years then at the end of last year put 7 lbs back on. It has taken me a while to work out what I did right and what I did wrong. But now I've worked it out I've lost the 7 lbs again and would love to lose another 40.

DO NOT beat yourself up or give up everything you enjoy - just use your syns wisely.

Try and work out what it is that causes the problem - for me it is beer and nibbles! I live in Spain and there's nothing nicer than sitting outside with a lager and having a tapas or 2 (or 3 or 4..)

So I'm drinking white wine spritzers and when I have a tapa now I try to keep it to one, avoid all the ones with mayonnaise (which I LOVE) and go for steamed mussels/prawns on a red day or mushrooms/habas (like butter beans) on a green day.

You've lost some weight already so just keep at it and keep coming back for support! Always remember your flexible syns too and if you're having a bad day use a few extra - but do get back on track tomorrow and don't hide from it for a few days!

Good luck

:hug99:

How's it going 'Trying-Again'?

I failed at the weekend (Darned Superbowl Sunday and cheetos!)... but yesterday I woke up determined ... I've given myself a mini 6 week goal to get into the 180's (1'm 192 right now..although my scales are battery dead!.. so I haven't weighed for two weeks.. which means I COULD be 198-200! :0 )... so 6 weeks to get into the 180's and then I have five weeks until my birthday to get into the 170's and hopefully the 160's....

Mini goals might help... for me really though.. one day at a time is goal enough right now!!.. Day two right now.. and doing well!

Let us know how you're doing!

I do this aswell. If I do particularly well for a week, I seem to reward myself by eating rubbish the next week and this carries on until I've regained all the weight :(

Back