Disheartened

Loopeylou

Gold Member
Well guys have been doing some thinking since restarting last week..... had agreed to give it a week 100% after being off plan for a few tough months. Well after all that I lost 2lb!!.
I know I hear you say its still a loss but its not fluid retention, its not totm. I really struggle with "free" food element and always have....I have real issues with control of food ( from when I was very young / counselling has helped but will always be a part of me ). I love to plan, track etc but just not getting the results I expect.
I have lost alot of weight in the past with WW and Sureslim both of which meant weighing and measuring.....I know for some that is a downside but for me I can't eat too much then ( and trust me I can eat very large portions )
I have tried to cut down but they soon sneak back up.

I'm thinking of starting the new WW plan, I can't make my SW class due to longer working hours and travel home now but there is a WW class tonight on my way home from work so never an excuse not to go.....what do you think???

Thanks for listening to me ramble
xx

Hi Claire,

Sorry to hear that you are feeling disheartened. I understand what you mean about a loss being a loss but its still disheartening if the loss isnt as big as you had hoped for. Why not go along to the WW class tonight & see what you think. Theres no harm in giving it a go for a few weeks to see how you get on especially if it has been successful for you in the past

I think that if it is the control that you need then you should definitely go for it. It is all about finding something that works for you and if that is WW then you should definitely do it. Good luck with whatever you decide xxx

there is certainly no harm in trying WW - to set your mind at rest with regards to a different plan - might just work etc - but I must admit that when I've been on WW I have ALWAYS been hungry - having said that when I was 100% on WW I did lose more weight (but regained it) I have no discipline at all - and like you I LIKE large portions of food - I find not weighing and measuring quite difficult too.

BUT little by little the weight is coming off and I can say I rarely feel hungry - I would love the weight to drop off by 2 & 3lb's a week but it's not and I am managing with 1.5lb's and 1lb etc etc. I know it's been said before and will be said again but a pound a week is 52lb's in a year and 52lb's is 3.5 stones and a year goes by very quickly.

Good luck to you whatever you decide to do.

Best Wishes

gilly xn

Thanks for all your replies, hubbie wants me to try another week with SW......it worked so well for my son as the plan was perfect for him, I kind of thrive more having boundaries :eek:
For me even though I like big meals I make myself feel very guilty for indulging this! I swing from either not enough food to too much even though always "free" food and 100% on track....I just can't seem to find my balance hummmmmmph
x

I'm also struggling at the moment hun and contemplating joining WW (but still going to SW as I love my group and the people!). I just fancy a change.
I'm going to buy the new WW mag when it comes out and follow a weekly plan - why not give that a go?
It's not going to hurt and I'm sure that you can adapt the WW meals to be SW style for the family.
Good luck xx

I'm also struggling at the moment hun and contemplating joining WW (but still going to SW as I love my group and the people!). I just fancy a change.
I'm going to buy the new WW mag when it comes out and follow a weekly plan - why not give that a go?
It's not going to hurt and I'm sure that you can adapt the WW meals to be SW style for the family.
Good luck xx

Thank you, I have tons of favorite receipes, some old WW and now SW ones. I love working out the syns or point values in my meals and how I can make them more SW/WW friendly so not worried about it at all.
I also know I really need a group and as I can't make any of the SW ones and the new WW is perfect its like an omen :rolleyes:
Got the afternoon to ponder and decide
xxx

As someone else said 1lb a week is 52lbs a year and your 2lb a week is 104lbs a year, thats over 7stone!
The healthy and reconmended rate to lose at is between 1-2lbs a week. I know everyone *wants* to lose it fast, but it didnt go on overnight, it wont come off overnight either.
Maybe try executing the 1/3 superfree rule no matter what plan you are on. That rule naturally limits the FREE food you can intake. The superfree actually makes you burn calories by eating it. eg the number of calories it uses to eat and digest it is more than you gain from eating it :)

As someone else said 1lb a week is 52lbs a year and your 2lb a week is 104lbs a year, thats over 7stone!
The healthy and reconmended rate to lose at is between 1-2lbs a week. I know everyone *wants* to lose it fast, but it didnt go on overnight, it wont come off overnight either.
Maybe try executing the 1/3 superfree rule no matter what plan you are on. That rule naturally limits the FREE food you can intake. The superfree actually makes you burn calories by eating it. eg the number of calories it uses to eat and digest it is more than you gain from eating it :)

If I was losing 1-2lb weekly I would be happy but my last year hasn't been consistent.
95% of my meals are 1/3 if not more superfree as I love my veg so thats not an issue.
I also don't eat huge amounts of fruit, usually an apple, a pear and a small handful of grapes each day.
Being my first week back I had expected a better result than 2 thats all......prob asking too much I know but has made me look at myself and how I'm coping with SW. As Allie said i may love WW or it may make me view SW in a diff way, SW is an amazing plan but I can't seem to click with it and relate that to the results I've had with other plans.

Saying all that i have struggled ever since finishing Sureslim a vlcd in mid 2009, really messed my poor body up.

x

I lost my weight with an average of 2lb a week so if you can continue to have that as your loss then you will shift the weight in a nice steady route that will help you control your issues with food along the way.

What ever you deide to do, then I wish you every sucess :)

Claire, I say go for it!! You are clearly feeling the strain and sometimes trying something new is just what we need to motivate us!! As Allie said, you may absolutely love the new WW plan and it may give you the structure and portion control you need, but then again you may dislike it and feel deprived, feeling that you need the freedom to eat to satisfy your appetite!! And you may come back to SW with a new lease of life!! I think that until you try it you won't know how you feel and it's better to get it out of your system than to carry on feeling disheartened!! I certainly don't think you have to show loyalty to SW!! As long as you keep in touch!! At the end of the day, as others have said before me it doesn't matter which plan you choose as long as it works for you!! Good luck with whatever you decide!! And don't beat yourself up about that 2lb loss! Personally I think it's a great loss (it would be an excellent one for me!) but I also understand if you had it in your head that you deserved more!! It's such a personal thing!XXXX

Just to add - i think a LOT of people will be attending the WW this week as the new plan is being released, so try to get there as early as you can - it could be like a January class tonight (if you know what i mean!!!)

Hope it works out well for you and dont forget about us!!!

xxxx

Well guys have been doing some thinking since restarting last week..... had agreed to give it a week 100% after being off plan for a few tough months. Well after all that I lost 2lb!!.
I know I hear you say its still a loss but its not fluid retention, its not totm. I really struggle with "free" food element and always have....I have real issues with control of food ( from when I was very young / counselling has helped but will always be a part of me ). I love to plan, track etc but just not getting the results I expect.
I have lost alot of weight in the past with WW and Sureslim both of which meant weighing and measuring.....I know for some that is a downside but for me I can't eat too much then ( and trust me I can eat very large portions )
I have tried to cut down but they soon sneak back up.

I'm thinking of starting the new WW plan, I can't make my SW class due to longer working hours and travel home now but there is a WW class tonight on my way home from work so never an excuse not to go.....what do you think???

Thanks for listening to me ramble
xx

Claire I understand your frustration, and we'd all love it to go in 6lb weekly chunks, but FWIW I think 2lb per week is where you want to be.

Good luck whatever you decide, but it if was me, I'd try a few more 100% weeks to see how it goes. As *Honey mentioned, try the superfree food increase?

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your comments.
I did join WW last night, leader was someone I know too from my WW journey years ago so that was great. New plan looks great ( for me I hope )
Its a very personal decision but I like weighing and measuring .... I need to know if I've dotted all the i's and crossed the t's kind a girl I suppose.
Don't get me wrong though I WILL be happy with 1-2lbs a week.....but over the last year with sw its been a real rocky road but thats not the sw plan thats me. I did SW for my son as their teenage plan is great and he's at target so time to focus on me and what suited me before.

Thanks again
xx

AND nipping in here again - if you average peoples weight loss over 6 months - those that have lost 8lb's in their first week and 4lb's 2nd week a stone in a month etc etc - over 6 months it's ROUGHLY the same as the ones who have lost 2lb's'ish a week. Good luck again.

AND nipping in here again - if you average peoples weight loss over 6 months - those that have lost 8lb's in their first week and 4lb's 2nd week a stone in a month etc etc - over 6 months it's ROUGHLY the same as the ones who have lost 2lb's'ish a week. Good luck again.
Yep - it's a marathon, not a sprint;)

It certainly is!! Well done for doing this for you Claire! I'm half tempted to have a go myself!!X

Well day 2 and really getting on well....the food I do weigh isn't an issue for me if anything I feel far more comfortable. I can stop when I've reached grams on scale but don't give me a limit and boy can it be different.
:D - check out my new WW diary wohoo lol
xx

Back