Distraction

Hughesy

I've got a really bad craving for carbs!! It's only day 4 on the LLL diet so I'm determined not to give in... What do you guys do to distract yourself from wanting food?

Wish I could help with this H, but I am a serial distraction eater - eat when I am bored, tired, angry, sad ... not ideal!

I guess the umbrella answer for me is to find something else to distract myself with - go to gym, walk the dog, or generally do something with my hands which means I can't use them for stuffing my face.

I am on day 2 and finding Lite really tough going - Total worked for me because I didn't have to think about food and I have a horrible feeling this is going to be too tough for me. I have had a low carb meal tonight but am pretty sure my portion sizes were way out and did I mention that sneaky glass of Rioja?

Anyone else have anything more useful to add to this thread? PLEASE!

Hi Dale, I'm on day 5 of LLL and when I was on day 2 I didn't feel like I was going to be able to do it either. Days 3 and 4 have been the worse (sorry to say!!) but today I'm feeling quite good. Everyone says the first week is the hardest, and others have said for me to think about the amount of money I'm spending and focus on getting half a stone off at a time, so that's what I'm trying to do.

Still searching for the perfect distraction though!!

From your recent post it looks like we need to revisit the whole distraction thing! I could do with some help too, so let's have a think....

When do you need distraction most? (what time of day/ place/ company/ coincides with your cravings?
What can you do with your hands / body (he he) to keep you occupied and away from food?
What occupies your mind / attention to the extent that you shift your focus from food?
What can you substitute for carbs, or even use to buy you a bit of time until the cravings pass?

Let me know what you come up with, and fingers crossed xx

Back