Dizzy, shaky and lightheaded - Change in diet?!

Lorayla

Hi all,

I've recently joined my local Slimming World group and I've started to feel shaky and lightheaded.

Before, my diet consisted of chocolate, chocolate, biscuits, more chocolate, 5 cups of tea with 2 sugars in a day, etc.. basically everything contained sugar!

But now, I'm obviously cutting them down drastically, if not out altogether. I do have a cup of tea with 2 sugars in a morning which I syn.

I've seen the doctor, and all my blood work came back normal. I suffer from terrible anxiety so thinking things like this doesn't help!

Has anyone else been through anything like this during a diet? How long does it take to get used to it?!

Thank you!!!

Stacey

Hi all, I've recently joined my local Slimming World group and I've started to feel shaky and lightheaded. Before, my diet consisted of chocolate, chocolate, biscuits, more chocolate, 5 cups of tea with 2 sugars in a day, etc.. basically everything contained sugar! But now, I'm obviously cutting them down drastically, if not out altogether. I do have a cup of tea with 2 sugars in a morning which I syn. I've seen the doctor, and all my blood work came back normal. I suffer from terrible anxiety so thinking things like this doesn't help! Has anyone else been through anything like this during a diet? How long does it take to get used to it?! Thank you!!! Stacey

It does sound like withdrawal symptoms, that's scary usually you get a pounding headache too then it should start to feel better can take one to two weeks though - are you drinking enough water that really helps x

I agree it's probably because of coming off the sugar. You will be feeling great in a few weeks though trust me :) take it easy

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thank you all so much! It's reassuring knowing I'm not the only one. I will stick at it and hopefully it will pass. I will just eat lots of free food to keep me full! And lots of water. Thank you all! x

Maybe try having some diet coke - I know it doesn't have sugar but it might give you a little boost when you have shaky moments?

And plenty of water and fruit and veggies in between :)

i was exactly the same for the first few weeks. i put it down to coming off all the sugary goodies. it soon stopped though and i lost 3 1/2 stone, stuck to sw through my pregnancy too and was back to target within 6 weeks :-D good luck x

Back