Feeling light headed and dizzy

Loulou1912

Hey everyone,

I'm new on here and to slimming world so nice to meet you all!

I started slimming world two weeks ago and managed to loose 2.5 pounds in my first week which I'm happy about! I wanted to try this diet as I have a blood sugar problem which means I have to eat carbs quite abit to stop me from feeling rubbish and I knew sw didn't stop the carbs. However since starting I've been feeling more light headed, dizzy and almost feel like I'm going to be sick. Which is the symptoms I get from my blood sugars. I've been eating all the fruit and veg under the sun and eggs for snacks too. Making sure I have at least potato, rice or pasta with my main meals. But I'm still getting light headed so don't know what to do?

Do you know for a fact that your blood sugar dips too low? Again, I'd support seeing a dr, but do be aware that tge symptoms for high blood sugar are remarkably similar. Xx

Do you know for a fact that your blood sugar dips too low? Again, I'd support seeing a dr, but do be aware that tge symptoms for high blood sugar are remarkably similar. Xx

I've had this since I was a kid and had been well controlled so thought it would be ok going on slimming world but since then it's gone back to how it was when I was little. It's called hypoglycemia and means my blood sugar level can get very low suddenly.

Ah! Yup- I know the one- just checking, some people don't realise they can feel the same, and if you'd upped your carbs not realising, you could have been headed to a bad place.
It's likely just to be an endocrine response to lower cals, but best to be checked! Am sure it'll get sorted quickly though and the programme will start working :)

Ah! Yup- I know the one- just checking, some people don't realise they can feel the same, and if you'd upped your carbs not realising, you could have been headed to a bad place.
It's likely just to be an endocrine response to lower cals, but best to be checked! Am sure it'll get sorted quickly though and the programme will start working :)

Thanks I hope so 😊 I'll get it check by the doctor though like you said, as best to be safe than sorry

Back