DIZZY SPELLS

fatboynotyetslim

Hi everyone,

Is anyone experiencing dizzy spells whilst SSing. I'm on week 6?

I saw my CDC last night for my 6th weigh in and I said I had been experiencing dizzy spells for the past week.

I have checked my blood pressure and thats normal, and I'm not diabetic and do not normally suffer from low blood sugar.
I had a blood test before I started CD and everything was fine. (cholesterol a little high 5.2 I think) Blood sugar level was spot on.

I can't predict when the dizziness will happen its totallly random.
What I have done is marked the changes in my diet for the past week. The previous week I was on AAM and was consuming one choc bar a day. For the past week I have stopped AAM and the bars and had shakes, soups only. Also for 4 of the 7 days last week I exercised on my exercise bike for about 20mins a day (calorie meter says I burnt about 180kcals each session).
I do not feel any dizziness when exercising however by exercising, stopping AAM and the bars during the past week, this may be responsible for the dizzy periods. Any thoughts??

Having discussed the above with my CDC last night, she will speak to somebody today at Cambridge and get back to me. I await her call.

Note:- Have been feeling fine so far today!

I do get dizzy spells when I'm ss'ing...usually if I turn to quickly or get up to quickly or if I bend down. I don't get it every day just sometimes. If I sit down and drink a litre of water I soon feel fine again :)

I do get dizzy spells when I'm ss'ing...usually if I turn to quickly or get up to quickly or if I bend down. I don't get it every day just sometimes. If I sit down and drink a litre of water I soon feel fine again :)

How long have you been SSing for Kath?

I drink about 5-6 litres of water a day and have experienced light headedness whilst remaining sitting down! I guess its different for everyone. I'll get it checked out with my G.P if it continues but if there's nothing detrimental going on, I'll tolerate it.

How long have you been SSing for Kath?

I drink about 5-6 litres of water a day and have experienced light headedness whilst remaining sitting down! I guess its different for everyone. I'll get it checked out with my G.P if it continues but if there's nothing detrimental going on, I'll tolerate it.

Well I did 6 months solid on it but have just been maintaining over the last couple of months and got back onto SS last week now all the holidays are over :)

Yes get your gp to check for you.

How tall are you?

Lol, you're just an inch taller than me - I'd definitely up your water if you can, I do 6 to 8 litres a day :) Usually 8.

8 litres! wow. I was actually considering lowering my water intake, I was thinking maybe I'm diluting vitamins/minerals too much and flushing these out of my body. I have read drinking too much water can flush the bodies good stuff. Not sure at what level that would happen though.

8 litres! wow. I was actually considering lowering my water intake, I was thinking maybe I'm diluting vitamins/minerals too much and flushing these out of my body. I have read drinking too much water can flush the bodies good stuff. Not sure at what level that would happen though.

If you sit and neck 2 litres in one go then yes, but the idea is to just swig it throughout the day, which I do. Always got a bottle on the go lol

If you sit and neck 2 litres in one go then yes, but the idea is to just swig it throughout the day, which I do. Always got a bottle on the go lol

Maybe I am drinking too much in one go. I often do a litre at once. I'll make an extra effort to swig little and often and see if that helps. I also up water.

Thanks for the advice Kath.:)
Good luck with your SSing again.

Maybe I am drinking too much in one go. I often do a litre at once. I'll make an extra effort to swig little and often and see if that helps. I also up water.

Thanks for the advice Kath.:)
Good luck with your SSing again.

Yes that could be it..take it a bit slower and more regularly :) I drink a litre over about half an hour to an hour and keep that up throughout the day.

Thanks for the luck (I do secretly quite like ss'ing though :D)

Back