DN's mostly plant based adventures...

Dietninja

Mostly plant based
Wow, it's been a while since I've kept a diary on these boards...but I feel the need to keep a diary as I've just entered the confusing world of plant-based eating. I didn't mean to, it was unplanned, but with the exception of an accidental blob of mayo, I haven't eaten animal products for the last week.

I am a member of slimming world, and weigh in weekly, but am not strictly following it whilst I work out how I feel without meat or dairy in my life (bl**dy good at the moment, I have to say). Instead, I'm just listing all the things that would be synned, but not counting them up at the moment.

I'm off out now, I just wanted to get this diary started, and I'll come back and post more later. I'll be using this diary to document what I feel and how I eat, as this is all new to me, and welcome visitors with advice xx

Today went well for me. As I said, not really following SW at the moment - I want to focus on eating healthily without meat and dairy, and then, if I'm not losing weight, I'll revisit. I'm still weighing in at my SW meeting so I don't hop on and off the scales at home.

B - large bowl of porridge oats made with almond milk, tbsp almond butter, tbsp flax seeds and cooked pear. 1/2 grapefruit
(I don't think the almond butter added anything so next time I'll leave it out and top with flaked almonds instead)

L - out at cafe so v little choice...crusty white roll and marmite, soya latte.

S - salad made with steamed kale, avocado and pine nuts to make up for my nutrient lacking lunch!

T - lentil and artichoke stew with broccoli and roasted new potatoes (stolen from the kids roast!)

S - 2 rice cakes with jam, 5 walnuts

Ex: rest day so 2 mile dog walk

The best of luck with the plant-based eating! I remember when my sister stopped eating meat for a bit and she said she felt a lot better for it. :)

Also, today's tea sounds pretty delicious!

I'm honestly finding it really easy not to eat meat or dairy. I didn't expect that! After so long trying low carb and paleo options, I thought I'd never manage on what is basically a high carb diet but I'm loving it.

The best of luck with the plant-based eating! I remember when my sister stopped eating meat for a bit and she said she felt a lot better for it. :)

Also, today's tea sounds pretty delicious!

Thank you! It was very nice and really simple! I'm off to pop by your diary and see how calorie counting is going

Yeah, I think I could give up meat pretty easily if I wanted to. I really love vegetables (though they have to be thoroughly nuked before I'll eat them. I don't like crunchy veg, haha!)

It's great to hear you're loving the change in diet!

Welcome to the world of plant-based eating, DN! I've been vegan on and off for a couple of years and am now pretty strictly vegan, it sounds like you're doing really well :) do you mind if I borrow your porridge idea at some point? Once fall hits and the cold weather starts, porridge is my favourite thing to have for breakfast, and yours sounds delicious :) by the way, if you need any recipes I have plenty, or just advice at any point :D congratulations on your weight loss so far, I'm excited to follow your diary! x

Hello piece of cloud! Steal away...glad I've given someone an idea!

All going well here. Forgot to post food diary yesterday, but I managed a 35 min interval run and cooked pad Thai from the Deliciously Ella everyday cookbook. It was nice but I found it just a bit too rich (lots of nut butter & tahini) so will have the leftovers in small portion sizes. As a result I thought I'd have a lighter day today...

Tues 6th Sept

Ex: 30 min recovery (read snails-pace) run
Daily steps: 23600

B - soya latte, banana, grapes, trek peanut bar

L - baked potato with leftover lentil and artichoke stew

S - soya latte (2 in one day...naughty!)

T - chickpea and random veg stir fry with brown rice, banana

Lentil & artichoke stew.... I am intrigued. I'm trying to have a veggie meal at least once a week for the family and this sounds like something I'd like to try. Can I have the recipe please? ?

Good on you for running- I haven't manage to get back on the road yet, I hoping to get going sometime soon again

Back