Do Atora do a low-fat suet?

Maximus

Gold Member
Someone mentioned this at group last week as I am trying to find a SW way of doing mince and dumplings (mince isn't a problem of course).

I know the beef suet is higher synned than the vegetable suet.

Is there a low-fat one though?

I'm not sure that they do, Steve, cos the whole point of suet is fat!

However I have seen a suet-free low fat dumpling recipe that uses eggs instead. I'll have a hunt for it.

Thanks Sarah, but it has to be suet I'm afraid:eek:

Mince and dumplings is one of the last greats I haven't made sw-style. I'm sure I can do it by using 1 days syn allowance shared between flour and suet;)

Just someone mentioned it - thought it was too good to be true.:D

Yes they appear to do one
3b.gif

Tesco sell it

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=265612901

and the syns

Shredded Beef Suet, Original, 250g pack, 28g 11½ all plans
Shredded Vegetable Suet, Light, 250g pack, 28g 9½ all plans

goldenfry do a dumpling mix which makes 8 dumplings and is 31 for whole pack so if you make up the mix and divide 31 by 8 its 4 syns per dumpling - i weigh the pack out and use half a pack for 2 people which makes 4 so 8 syns for 2 dumplings

Just to clear any confusion. The Atora Light is VEGETABLE and not BEEF suet. I was led to believe there was a Light version of Beef Suet, but as Sarah correctly points out, a fat-free version of fat is quite difficult lol.

Anyway, I'm going to have a go with a somewhat "scaled-down" version - not easy this 100% lark;)

Already have Atora in, Ronnie, but although I'm not a fan of dumpling or any other mixes (how difficult can it be to add flour to suet lol) I forgot about the "divide and conquer" rule - I can have frozen mince & dumplings ready to go - so can mix 6oz flour with 3 oz suet for approx 58.5 syns and divide into 4 lots or less than 15 per day.

Job's a good'un.

Thats a good idea, Tescos do there own one for 55p, SW online doesnt have it but snackulator makes each serving 4.5 syns (pack makes 10 in total)
Am having stew this week and miss my dumplings, so will give these a go this week :)

steve, for some things i have to get a mix in lol i tried doing the atora and flour once and mucked it up big time. I do do all other things from fresh though :)

steve, for some things i have to get a mix in lol i tried doing the atora and flour once and mucked it up big time. I do do all other things from fresh though :)
No worries Ronnie;)

I meant to add I'd probably try a mix in future for times when I can't be bothered to weigh.

I'm old fashioned and a bit of a brand snob at times, as well as been set in my ways. Hence the Atora fixation lol.

Steve

Back