Do CD choc bars effect your weight losses?

lostpolarbear

My CDC said because they contain more cals it MAY make you lose less weight? How many do you have per week and has it changed the amount you lose? I was really looking forward to them but I don't want it to prolong me getting to my goal?

Not true, though it's surprising how many people believe this.

If you think about it logically, how can having an additional 40 calories a day make much difference in the long term? 280 extra calories a week can't possibly make a difference.

People tend to blame bars for smaller losses because being allowed them in week 3 coincides with the week where you're likely to have a lower loss anyway (week 3 or 4 losses are notorious for lower losses - the body's just stabilising itself after the shock of sudden rapid weight loss).

There are extra carbs in bars too, so they may make you retain slightly more water - another reason why the first week you have them weight loss might be smaller. But if you carry on having them every day the following week you'll lose your normal amount of weight the next week then the next.

If they really interfered with weight loss Cambridge wouldn't sell them, would they? :)

Aww thanks for that! All very good points. I shall look forward to having them in week 3 then :D! Looking forward to trying the lemon yoghurt one too. Xx

I have the bars and it does not seem to have affected my weigh loss this time or the last time! This time I had them from Day one and still lost 13lb my first week and 4lb my second week! I love the bars and really look forward to having one! I tend to order about 4 or 5 a week and love the lemon ones!

Oh good thank you. I was going to order one per day do you think that would be ok? X

Yes that will be fine. I highly recommend lemon bars!

I get a mixture of bars and cut each one into 6 pieces mix them up then put them into individual bags ( this way ure gettin a different piece each time really look forward to them ( "my little mixup") how weird am I :banana dancer: Loll

I would just like to report I have had bars all this week (my first week) and I lost 10lbs. My CDC said as long as you have all your water you will be fine I have 3 litres of normal water a day plus tea and coffee and have a veg bullion stock before my bar
Luv sharon xxx

I get a mixture of bars and cut each one into 6 pieces mix them up then put them into individual bags ( this way ure gettin a different piece each time really look forward to them ( "my little mixup") how weird am I :banana dancer: Loll

Brilliant idea I would have to close my eyes as I have a lemon one as well and would see it!! Gonna do this from tomorrow now xxx

Yes I am going to try this when i get my bars tomorow now as I was not able to get them tonight as I did not weigh in !! But yes will have to close my eyes as the lemon ones will go first as they are my favourites x

Back