Do I ave willpower? SS or 810?

Linzois

Hi everyone,

I have tried CD a few times and rarely last beyond day one. I have no willpower. I disgust myself at my lack of wilpower (and at the rate my weight is shooting up) I am piling the pounds on at a great rate of knots!:eek:

I was thinking of trying 810 plan. What are the weight losses like on this? I am trying to lose weight for my friends wedding in 7 weeks - how much could I realistically look to shed (got about 5 stone to lose in total)

ANy advice or suggestions to help me get started? I am desperate and I need some guidance! :cry:

Thanks
Linzois
x

Hi Linzois

What is it that makes you not last past day one? Is it hunger, or headaches, or just feeling the need to eat something?

If it's hunger/headaches you'd be much better doing low carb for a few days to get into ketosis before you start CD so then when you begin SS you won't be dealing all at once with the headches/hunger/not able to eat etc.

If you feel the need to eat something then SS+ would be a good plan, losses are very similar to SS i.e. 12lb a month rather than 14 (although many people lose the same, some even more!).

810 is around 10-12 lb per month I think.

I know you want to lose weight as quickly as possible because you are on a deadline but being patient and preparing yourself properly so you can hit SS/SS+ hard for the next 6 weeks will probably work out much more beneficial than trying to dive straight in and not getting past the first day, then losing even more time trying to gear yourself up to start again. Think hare and the tortoise.

Good luck. :)

My friend has started on 810 as she thought going straight onto SS would be too much in one go. She has lost a stone and a half in 3 weeks (more than I lost on SS) so I am in no doubt that 810 also has amazing losses. I do think if you struggle with SS, use 810 as a starting point and work down.

Thanks girls!

I am going to start SS today and see how I get on - and switch to 810 if I really need to. I know if I can just get through those forst few days I could do it, but my lack of willpower is a worry!

I'll keep u posted on how I go!

Linzois
x

Back