Do I dont I?

rainbow

Gold Member
I dont want to, and I dont think I wil but................................................ like some of you others Im thinking of having a change! I've posted on Lou's thread some of the ideas Ive thought of to try and get me back on SW -its not like Im way off track, just a bit disheartened and finding it hard to stick to it. I think another reason Im not as keen as I was is I can go into any shop and pick up an 18 and it fits, non of this plus size clothes shopping is needed. Not that I want to be an 18 but its better than the size 24 I was. Just thinking out loud really xxx

look at how great youve done so far, youve dropped 3 dress sizes and your loosing consistantly. keep at it your loss so far is inspirational

I agree that you know it works and it is a great plan but if you really feel that you have lost it (and ONLY if you feel that you have really lost it) I would suggest a change of scenery. If you are just having a 'my heads not in it' time then it is best to stick with it until that gear shifts back into place, which it will!

look at how great youve done so far, youve dropped 3 dress sizes and your loosing consistantly. keep at it your loss so far is inspirational

Aw thanks Abigail - what a lovely thing to say (tried repping you but have to spread it around) x

I agree that you know it works and it is a great plan but if you really feel that you have lost it (and ONLY if you feel that you have really lost it) I would suggest a change of scenery. If you are just having a 'my heads not in it' time then it is best to stick with it until that gear shifts back into place, which it will!

hmmm - yup I think its just a my heads not in it moment (a long moment albeit - its the begining of week three with my head not being in it now!) I'll do it - Ive come too far to chuck it in now! xx

I went through about 6-8 weeks of my head not being in it but I got back in it and have done better since. You will get through it, just don't disappear from here and we will try as best we can to keep you on track x

I went through about 6-8 weeks of my head not being in it but I got back in it and have done better since. You will get through it, just don't disappear from here and we will try as best we can to keep you on track x

thanks - yeah I know you will, you guys are great. Its just come at the wrong time for me, Ive got so much else on at the min x

I say (for you) stick with it for a little longer.

I, myself, would be happy to stop at a size 18 in "normal" shops but everyone is different.

I say (for you) stick with it for a little longer.

I, myself, would be happy to stop at a size 18 in "normal" shops but everyone is different.

I know what you mean, Im just aiming for a nice 14 I think, Im never going to be really thin - I dont have the frame!
xxx

stick with it - you've done brilliantly so far and appear to have done it with ease!

where else can you lose weight with this much flexibility? i love the fact that i can stick to the plan, but if my appetite is ravenous and i need to EAT then i can still stick to the plan...it's great!

maybe you could try mixing the plan up and little, experiment with new foods or plan ahead.

That's good advice Karen, the plan is versatile enough to try new things and have a good change around

I know what you mean, Im just aiming for a nice 14 I think, Im never going to be really thin - I dont have the frame!
xxx

I love hearing you say that you are aiming for a nice 14, it means that you do have something that you are aiming for in the long run. How long it takes is another matter, and does it really matter how long it ? This is your journey .....

Do you know what - if you head/heart is not in SW at the moment, would it be in whatever you decide to change to?

Maybe 'now' is a time that you need to just maintain your fantastic loss until you feel that you can get back onto the SW journey - not having to make a choice about SW or another way of eating may give your mind time out to realise what would work best for you. Maybe tell yourself you will maintain your current weight for a month, then when ready ask yourself what your gut instinct is - 'to stay at this size, or do i get going again?'

I have a feeling it won't take you a month to decide! Good Luck!

I couldn't agree with you more Lindam, and no, I don't think it does matter how long it takes. Of course we'd all like to wake up one morning and our troublesome weight to be gone but that's just not going to happen. The longer it takes the more likely it is to stay off. Have you noticed that when we say things aren't going well we tend to hover around the weight we are at that time, not rocketting back up to the weight we started at? I know that if I wanted to stay at 14 stone forever I could do it. I don't, but I know that I could quite easily

I think all the advice is good and you know what you are capable of better than anyone - hope you stay on SW as you are one of the members who seems to have done so well and are an inspiration to us newer members

I love hearing you say that you are aiming for a nice 14, it means that you do have something that you are aiming for in the long run. How long it takes is another matter, and does it really matter how long it ? This is your journey .....

Do you know what - if you head/heart is not in SW at the moment, would it be in whatever you decide to change to?

Maybe 'now' is a time that you need to just maintain your fantastic loss until you feel that you can get back onto the SW journey - not having to make a choice about SW or another way of eating may give your mind time out to realise what would work best for you. Maybe tell yourself you will maintain your current weight for a month, then when ready ask yourself what your gut instinct is - 'to stay at this size, or do i get going again?'

I have a feeling it won't take you a month to decide! Good Luck!

Thanks - your point about if my heads not in SW will it be in anything at the moment, and as you presume, the answer is no. I think I might try and stick to it as much as I can in the next few weeks and then get back to it totally after that.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and compliments, its weird that other people might look to me as an inspiration!!!!

XXX

Back