Do I eat before or after the gym?

Hi everyone
I am starting back at the gym for the millionth time in my life it seems!
But I am always wondering if I should have my tea before or after going? :confused: I go to the gym for an hour 7-8pm.

I would have a banana or something similar before going and eat properly when you get home as your body will be burning off stores rather than what you've just eaten then... Rosemary Conley said so :p

When I have gone previously I have never lost any weight - but I was doing my own diet then - at slimming world again so going to give it another go - thanks for your advice

I eat before because I dont like eating after 6 at night, but I eat a couple of hours before the gym.

Zest and a few other health and fitness mags suggest protein afterwards, with a recent study saying dairy protein after for women is best. To be honest I reckon do what feels right, everybody is different and just listen to your body :)

Thank you - I work till 5 - dont get home till 5:30 - then get my stuff together and go to the gym for an hour - I am home after 7! so I am tending to have my tea after - I try go for the chicken route - probably until I think I cant face another chicken again!! but lets see how it goes! fingers crossed I may wake up a size 12

id eat after, i find that if i eat before i get that feeling of being sick and fainting easily....

Back