Do I need 1/3 superfree on Green?

MetalMaiden

I'm not adverse to fruit and veg (just the opposite) but sometimes it can be a pain :)

A lot of people say you don't need the third superfree on Green, but a careful reading of the food optimising book says it's recommended on all plans, Green included.

Id def include super free on a green days because of all the carbs, just like on a red day to help keep you full =)

Sent from my magic paint brush using invisible paint

I'm doing green and my consultant still advised me to have 1/3 SF, I forgot my first week but have upped my SF this week, will see what the scales say on weds

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The book I have is confusing on the matter because on the green info page it only says 'eat freely' of the superfree foods. That said they are an essential part of a healthy balanced diet and eating them can only be a good thing, both in terms of health and weight loss. I believe that the there are already new food optimising books out where it does specify that you should eat a third superfree and that the new packs due out after Christmas will also state this :)

I think its one of those things that you could probably get away without it, but would be better for your losses if you had it.

It's not really a question of whether you need 1/3 superfree on whatever plan - you need vegetables and fruit to be healthy. Getting into the habit of including them in every meal, as a matter of course, will give you great health benefits.

I have done red and green throughout my journey and stil do, and lost weight beautifully on both. I didnt do the 1/3rd superfree as I just did the plan as it was when pre ee. I suppose you will lose weight quicker though if you bung in the superfree, but sometimes egg and chips and beans are soooooooooooooo nice, ha ha. I am always nibbling fruit though. Interesting to see what other consultants say, thanks stivesliz! x :)

I have done red and green throughout my journey and stil do, and lost weight beautifully on both. I didnt do the 1/3rd superfree as I just did the plan as it was when pre ee. I suppose you will lose weight quicker though if you bung in the superfree, but sometimes egg and chips and beans are soooooooooooooo nice, ha ha. I am always nibbling fruit though. Interesting to see what other consultants say, thanks stivesliz! x :)

On green days my favourite meal just has gotta be chips, mushy peas and gravy - so if I have that now then I do nibble a couple of plums or apples beforehand. x

I only do Green and never give it a thought. It's not part of the plan, so if you want to do it, do it and if you don't, then don't!

I do green days, as I can't do the 1/3 plate superfood thing and it works for me.

stivesliz said:
I honestly think that they are promoting it now x

I know what you mean, it just doesn't work for me, I like my green days as I will make my lunch veggie by using quorn instead of meat and I will save a hex b for my evening meal to have meat.

lardylady said:
I only do Green and never give it a thought. It's not part of the plan, so if you want to do it, do it and if you don't, then don't!

It IS part of the plan now. Every week my consultant suggests to 1 member or another to try red or green days, but also says that 1/3rd superfree is recommended regardless of the plan you choose.

That's me stuffed then :/ I only do green and I pretty much always have 1/3 with dinner and tea but I rarely snack on superfree and I hardly ever have 1/3 with breakfast. The reason being that I don't eat fruit so unless I have a cooked breakfast with masses of mushrooms there's no way I'm managing 1/3 at breakfast.

My way of thinking (not suggesting that anyone else should do this or that 1/3 isn't part of the plan, just to cover my back!) is that it is simply a recommendation which we should follow. Therefore I'll do the best I can to follow it but I won't lose any sleep if I don't. I'm losing weight and as long as that continues I will be happy. If it ever stops I will have to look into it. Does fruit phobia desensitisation exist you think? :p

It IS part of the plan now. Every week my consultant suggests to 1 member or another to try red or green days, but also says that 1/3rd superfree is recommended regardless of the plan you choose.
Not according to the latest handbook, although of course when they are reprinted that may change. It does not state in the Green section of the book that eating 1/3 superfree with every meal is compulsory.

lardylady said:
Not according to the latest handbook, although of course when they are reprinted that may change. It does not state in the Green section of the book that eating 1/3 superfree with every meal is compulsory.

It's doesn't state anywhere that 1/3rd is compulsory! It's not! It's recommended on all plans, but SW don't ever force you to do anything - we are all grown ups.

Missy, if you're loosing weight, don't worry. If & when you stop loosing the suggestion will always be to up your superfree. At that point you should try to.

Regardless of SW, as Anna says, fruit & veg is just good to eat anyway.

Surely 1/3 superfree is compulsory on EE, just as 1HEA and 1HEB are also compulsory on EE. As we are all adults, we can choose to do what we like, I agree, and of course SW cannot force us to do anything. Weight watchers can't force their members to stick to their allotted amount of ProPoints per day,for example, but if they don't then it will affect their weight loss. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that whilst 1/3rd superfree is definitely a part of the EE plan, it is not a part of the Green and Red plans, merely a recommendation. Therefore if people following Green and Red do not wish to do the 1/3 superfree then they shouldn't be made to feel that they are not following the plan properly. SW has enough rules as it is without adding to the burden!

Back