Do I or Dont I ????

jacqui35

Silver Member
Hi all

Well ive got stewing steak cooking lovely away with carrots leeks pot onions and im sitting here looking at the lovely box of goldenfry light and fluffy dumplings. Gosh not had dumplings for years and i love em, but had a few syns today and have 5 left and the whole box is 31 :cry: yes 31 but i have a massive pan full of food. ( will it be ok to freeze into different bags for extra days :confused:)

Now if i was to do the dumpling into 8 or 10 i could have a nice size or two and play catch up in the week as its only last night got weighed so i cant see it doing much harm.

Would you or not put them in later??

I've never heard of them but they look lush! (I googled). 31 syns for the whole box?? Making them into 10 would only be 3 syns per dumpling. You could have 2 for 6 syns and only have used 11 syns for the day. I'd say have 'em!

Could you make them up Jacquie but only cook a couple of dumpling - you could freeze the rest, as it is probably suet based pastry they should freeze well - then next time you cook a stew you can get a couple out of the freezer and pop them in.

You could even work out how many syns for each dumpling by how many you make and the nutritional info on the pack.

Good luck with them. X

Could you make them up Jacquie but only cook a couple of dumpling - you could freeze the rest, as it is probably suet based pastry they should freeze well - then next time you cook a stew you can get a couple out of the freezer and pop them in.

You could even work out how many syns for each dumpling by how many you make and the nutritional info on the pack.

Good luck with them. X

Ohhh thanks for info hun i was actually wondering if to cook them all and then freeze in bag but i will now make them up freeze them in 3's and put my left over stew in another freezer and viola can have them with anything wooop woooop thanks again hun ohhh cant wait now

Do you make them with water or something else? I might actually have to try this!

It says on package make up into dumpling with flourly hands and pop into your stew, but they do expand so i do have pan full of food and gravy but not much room so im going to pour so much gravy enough for few dumpling and when nearly cook banged them back in normal pan, but my mum did say put them in a pan of water first so they dont go all gooooieee cos i was going to put them in slow cooker and she said they will just disappear.

Good luck with them. X

Good idea to stop the temptation of eating more than what you've allowed! Good thinking batwoman!

G*d I love dumplings! But I couldn't be trusted with a pack! I'm sure I saw a SW recipe for them once.

Back