Do I really have to have the 4th pack?

louiser

Trying very hard!
Afternoon everyone,

I'm into week two and finding everything ok.

One thing I'm having trouble with is getting down my last pack. Its nice to have but I dont need it if you know what I mean, I'm never hungry enough for it and sort of force it down.

Do I really need to have it? If you say yes then thats fine I just wondered if it was a choice thing or anything lol!

Thank you,
Louise x

I'm on 3 packs a day and i've been finding it ok. Not been hungry at all so try sticking to 3 and c how you get on.
They advise 4packs if your over a certain weight or height but i think if you can do it on 3 go ahead, just make sure you drink the water x

If you have been given 4 packs a day to have, then yes, you need to have them all every day, otherwise you are not getting the nutrition you require and risk falling out of Ketosis and into Starvation mode where you won't lose fat and your body will start burning up muscle and organs for energy instead.

In short, even if you have to force it down, do it, it's for your health and for the best!

PS Try doing what I do, combine shakes 3+4 into 1 big shake, still only feels like 1 drink as it fits in a pint glass (with a tiny bit left in the blender but only a mouthfull) and you can take your time to drink it as well :)

My CDC seems to be following new rules. If I had wanted to do 3 packs I needed to get form signed by my Dr, regardless of my weight or height. It seems they are covering their backs..

So I am on 4 packs also, + milk. Finding it ok so far, it's nice to have a little extra!

I signed a form from my CDC and she sent it off to my doc, you dont have to physically go to your gp and ask them to sign anything, but petes probably right, you wont have all the nutrients etc.if you dont stick to what you've been told to.
Your best bet is to have a word with them and see what they suggest x

Thank you for your replies, I'll stick at the 4 packs then! Its just because I'm 5ft 11" so she said 4 but I didnt know how important it was.

I thought you needed your doctors signature if you had a BMI over 40? And if its under 40 your CDC writes to your doctor anyway to tell them your following a VLCD just to let them know.

CD doesn't need a docs sig Pete, unless you're medically contraindicated (sp?) or over a certain BMI.

There are different versions of CD - SS/SS+ as well as higher plans. The number of packs depends on what plan you're following as well as height etc.

Not having all your packs can be harmful and will actually stop you losing weight in the long run.

Always stick to the advice your CDC gives you - they know what's best and what's safe for you personally.

Yep. Agree with westiegirl here. You must have you 4 packs if you are 5'11"

My CDC seems to be following new rules. If I had wanted to do 3 packs I needed to get form signed by my Dr, regardless of my weight or height. It seems they are covering their backs..

It's to keep with the new guidelines, though you don't necessarily have to have it signed (it depends on a few things). When you are on a VLCD, either SS or SS+, the CDC will inform your doctor.

BTW Pete, just for your interest :) When I did CD....LL was also just 3 packs. Some time after, they reduced the quantity in each pack and made a 4th (and doubled the price ;))

As far as I've been able to gather, on LL you have 4 packs regardless of gender or height etc. Wonder if the daily calories are the same as CD. Just interested.

Ok guys - here goes.....with CD you have 2 vlcd options -

either

Sole Source -women of 5'7" and below have 3 packs per day; women taller than this and ALL men have 4 packs per day OR

Sole Source plus - both men and women have 2 options (regardless of height or weight) - EITHER 3 packs per day plus a small 200cal meal (protein plus veg from list) OR 4 packs per day plus 200ml skimmed milk

If your BMI is > 40, then your GP must sign your Medical Record Form (MRF) - for bothe Sole Source and Sole Source plus

If you choose to do Sole Source, your CDC will write to your GP to advise that you are following a diet of less than 600cals per day.

If you choose to do Sole Source plus (and BMI <40) then GP signature is not required.

regardless of which plan you are following you MUST have all of your packs / food otherwise your body will go into starvation mode and weight loss may stop and your body will start burning up muscle and organs for energy instead.

hope that clears up any confusion.

Debz x

Last edited:
Back