Do I start back on Exante??? Advice please

Hi fellow exante users. I've tried it before when I finished Lighter life and to be honest I'd had almost 9 months of LL so really wasn't in the mood for Exante so ate every day on top of having 2 shakes & a bar!
I've now put on about half a stone so really want to get this off and finally finish my journey of losing a final 2 stones.
I've loads of exante left as my friend tried it and didn't like it so I bought hers too. So I've no excuse. It's all there waiting for me to start. I've got family over on Wed so wouldnt be able to start until Thurs but am nervous. I need to know I'm 100% committed to doing it.

Can you give me any tips/advice, positive thoughts to help me. Tell me how you've done in how long on this diet please?

Thanks x

If you dont have a huge amount to lose why dont you try WS instead of total. That way you at least have a meal to look forward to every day.

If you're not feeling 100% about going back on food replacement, as Joanne said, you could try the working solution; alternatively, if you'd prefer to keep on food, but want the ketosis speed, you could always try Atkins for a bit?

Having done LighterLife previously, stopped, then restarted but without being totally committed to it; I think half-heartedly doing it is the worst of all worlds, as you don't get properly into ketosis, so you end up with more of the headaches etc, and I craved food so much more when I wasn't totally strict on it. It's also expensive if you're having the packs and also going out and eating food too.
(I previously lost 5 stone on LL, then went back on it half-heartedly to try and lose some more, and also got pregnant whilst on it that time. I've put on some of that weight, and am now on Exante to try and properly see through my weight loss. I'm determined to get to 'overweight'. I've been doing it 2.5 weeks so far and I've lost 1.5 stone (from this morning's step on the scales - real WI on Saturday)

If you are ready to go on with it, and you have the packs, then I would say go for it - as you say, you've only got the last 2 stone to go and you've done so well. You're really close to goal, and it would be fantastic if you can follow that journey through. But if you're not ready for it, perhaps you could try maintaining for a bit, to get used to the weight you are now, and see if you do really want to lose that last 2 stone?

Only you can decide if now is the right time for you. Whatever you decide, good luck :) And I hope it all works for you xx

I'd say jump in there and give it your best shot - it would be so worth a few weeks of strict dieting in order to be at your goal, you've done so well before so just give it a try and then if you find you can't do SS you can always add a meal.

Thanks for your comments so far, really appreciate them. I really want to give it a good boost but nervous about Exante and whether I trust it really. I'm so used to LL.

What are the weight losses like each week when totally sticking to it? I know everyone varies but what should I expect per week?

Also by adding a meal what would I expect?

............realistically they say a stone a month if you stick to it 100%. If you look at peoples weight losses on here I think they definitely speak for themselves. Give it a go and I'm sure you will see fast results which will then spur you on to continue. Good luck xx

i think if you jump into it positive head first, you'll be near goal before you know it. you have nothing to lose and this forum is so motivating, let your fingers tap away on these threads rather than near the biscuit jar! xx

Having followed CD last year for did really well, and kept most of it off! It is do able!

I love exante, more choice with the packs, and even the shakes which I couldn't really stand at first don't seem so bad!

I am now into week 5 (with a blip) and lost 14lbs:) so it does work! I think as long as you re-feed correctly VLCD are great! (as I know from losing the weight before and keeping it off until I let go at christmas:sigh:)

good luck with your journey, as said come on here the Exante boards (and the others;)) are really busy and everyone friendly x

Well folks a bit of a delayed start but now been on it for 6 days and feel pretty focused and good about it. I have had a midweek weigh and lost 3lb so that's great. I'm going to weigh myself on Monday though for my weekly weigh.

I've got a works Xmas party on 13th and a date on the 10th so want to shift about 10lb in 3 weeks.. cross everything for me!

I had lost 4 stone on LL but put about 10-12 back on so want to use Exante to shift it. I know over xmas i'll creep back up a bit so will get back on it post xmas to really blast it and finally get to my goal.

thanks for all the comments. Its really lovely to know there is support out there.

hey you started the same time as me :) I'm also an ex lighter life and really, reeeeally didn't want to do a VLCD again, but honestly, I've tried the healthy eating and exercise route this summer and got nowhere with it. Looking at the stats of people here on exante, I've got high hopes that exante will work for me and I'm sure it can work for you too. If we can just get the weight off with exante, then we can build a healthy lifestyle after. Good luck and well done for taking the plunge!

Back