Do many of you split your shakes?

IrishMum

A little of everything!
I usually have my first shake between 12-1pm. I only like them with lots of ice. Today, I decided to only have half & see if that 'filled' me, and it did!! And I don't have the 'brain-freeze' I usually do after a whole one!

I think I may have hit on a solution to my 'picking' problem. If I have 1/2 shake at set times in the evening (my danger zone) I really think it'll help me 'hold out' until feeding times? I've been dividing up a flapjack the last few evenings to have with cups of tea and its helped, so I think this might help a lot too- especially as I usually have a soup for dinner, but I don't find it half as filling as the shakes for some reason.

Do many of you split your shakes like this?

Ya know what irish i have been thinking of doing this as after my last one at about 7pm i always want another - i honestly love my chocolate shake i want more - maybe this is the way forward!! lol

Glad you are trying to overcome your picking :)

i honestly love my chocolate shake i want more

Glad you are trying to overcome your picking :)
I LOVE the chocolate ones- thats all I'm getting from now on!

My picking is the only demon left to overcome- if I beat that..then watch out world!!! ;)

Yup = chocolate is the number 1!!! It's all ive gotten for 3 weeks now :)

Demon - those pesky things!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sigh: Kick it in the butt!!

Yeah I often split my shakes as I find that a whole one is just too much. A disadvantage to this tho is I don't always manage the full 3 mayb just 2 and a half.

haha, I take TWO female sachets at a time, twice a day :p I dunno how you can split them, they are already tiny to begin with (imo), and two at a time is perfect for me, fills me and my massive gut up nicely :p

Well done for finding a way through the temptation of picking. I don't split the shakes, but if it suits you and helps you stick to it, then that's brilliant. keep on with the good work!

Hello all, I hope you have had a good day :)

Picking (esp in the evening) has always been my pitfall. I noticed that each packet of LT shake/soup are bigger than the LL ones I used last year.

So for the first few days I felt like I wasnt full enough so ended up drinking waaay to much pappermint tea and spending those nights mostly running to the loo every flippin 10 mins! :sign0007: hope that wasnt too much info! :ashamed0005:

So I now have my first shake at 8am, second at 12pm, and I split the third one, half at 4pm, other half at 8pm and try to keep my many herbal teas/coffees to only before 6pm.

summergurl + IrishMum - I agree with you about the chocolate, its surprisingly yummy! :D Im kinda not keen on trying the flapjacks though

I now find that I dont go to bed feeling empty :) but I do feel extremely cold though :( gotta wear me winter pj's and socks!

Just wondered, what is the calorie difference between the female and male LP?? They better not get more flavours!!! :grumble:

haha, I take TWO female sachets at a time, twice a day :p I dunno how you can split them, they are already tiny to begin with (imo), and two at a time is perfect for me, fills me and my massive gut up nicely :p
Aaron is there a reason you take the female rather then male?

I split all of mine and have 1/2 vanilla in the morning (I've never been much of a breakfast person anyway). The time varies depending on what I'm doing; if I'm out during the day, then I have it before I go.

If I'm working from home, I try to have it later as evenings are my problem time.

The rest are all split too (choc shake for lunch) then soup for dinner and I usually have another 1/2 a shake left over for my danger-time - evenings.

I tired hot chocolate last night and it was surprisingly good!

I mentioned it to my pharmacist this morning, and he reckons if it get me through the 'danger' time then go for it. It won't do any 'harm' to split the shakes or flapjacks, so thats my new routine sorted. It can do no harm, and will hopefully banish my devil forever! LOL!
PS- I was right- 2lbs off this week again! Its the right direction, but I KNOW it could be more....focus..focus..focus...!

well done on the 2lb off :)

Back